Prospect Info: Logan Brown (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
At least he'll get into a few games in Belleville. Kinda stupid having him sit on the taxi squad for who know how long now doing whatever. I get this is a weird year with covid protocols and all that, but it really feels like they don't have much of a plan happening here.
He practiced with Ottawa while he was here.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
At least he'll get into a few games in Belleville. Kinda stupid having him sit on the taxi squad for who know how long now doing whatever. I get this is a weird year with covid protocols and all that, but it really feels like they don't have much of a plan happening here.
Not sure what it is but some of their moves with Brown have been questionable at best. They keep saying he hasn't played much while at the same time not playing him

Reactions: Smeddy

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He needs alot more than 2 games, look how long its taken so many other players. I just hope people have patience on both sides of the coin here, anyone jumping to any conclusions on a tiny sample size should probably look into a new hobby.

Thats too bad about Logan. If Reilly is coming out for Coburn thats good news. I wonder if the coaching staff was paying attention to Reilly's new thing of jumping in front of his own goalie at the last second to create a screen and think to themselves. Wait a minute he is on our team.
Brannstrom is out.

Rielly, I’ve never seen a guy play so bad for so long, who gets praised whenever he makes a play that isn’t his normal bad. Nuts he’s an everyday player with us.

The only guys who are everyday NHLers are Chabot, Zaitsev and Zub. All the others should be taken out when they stink up the joint

Reactions: Emrasie

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I believe Belleville hasn't played in a while and this gave him the chance to practise with the NHLers in the mean time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.
Makes sense, but if this how the org actually thought, Brown, Chalppy, Forms would have been practicing with the team at the beginning of the season when the start of the AHHL season was nowhere in sight. BUT, I do understand that this team's master plan changes by the hour.

Reactions: HSF

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Tkachuk-Norris-C. Brown
Stützle- White- Batherson
Paul- L. Brown- Dadonov
Dzingel- Tierney- Whoever.

Instant playoff contender.

Get it done.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I believe Belleville hasn't played in a while and this gave him the chance to practise with the NHLers in the mean time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.
He never practiced in the main group that i recall, he was coming on the second group to work on skills and was bag skated with the 5 taxi guys though. Also, Belleville likely gets a lot more practice time, so if the intent was to improve rather than be available for NHL actuion, i suspect Belleville would make mire sense (or at least that's what we were told when Brannstrom was sent to Belleville prior to the AHL starting their season.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
He never practiced in the main group that i recall, he was coming on the second group to work on skills and was bag skatted though. Also, Belleville likely gets a lot more practice time, so if the intent was to improve rather than be available for NHL actuion, i suspect Belleville would make mire sense (or at least that's what we were told when Brannstrom was sent to Belleville prior to the AHL starting their season.

Yea true. I'm just trying to make logical sense out of this situation but my brain hurts sometimes.

Reactions: HSF

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Beaudin was called up cuz he could fill a role and actually play on the 4th line.

If Bishop gets in a game I'd be absolutely shocked.

Not really. He wasn't very good in the 4th line role either. We just needed someone, anyone, that is not a prospect who isn't ready to fill the roster spot.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Not really. He wasn't very good in the 4th line role either. We just needed someone, anyone, that is not a prospect who isn't ready to fill the roster spot.

If we're comparing him to a guy like Haley who's dressed on the 4th line this year, he was good in that role. Its all relative to expectations I suppose. I didn't hate him like I've hated some players we've put out there.

They brought up Beaudin to play games. They brought up Bishop to sit. Thats all I'm saying rly.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
If we're comparing him to a guy like Haley who's dressed on the 4th line this year, he was good in that role. Its all relative to expectations I suppose. I didn't hate him like I've hated some players we've put out there.

I don't know, I prefer Haley TBH. At least Haley has a role. What was JC's role? Offensive? No. Defensive. No. Physical? No.

Anyways, this is a L.Brown thread. The gist is that Clarke is just a roster spot filler, while Brown gets up to speed.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Everybody rest easy

Have we ever even heard Garrioch slightly hint at a possible questionable move by the organization

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Pretty sure they sent Brannstrom to the taxi squad and bag skatted him in practice. Coburn was lined up with Gudbranson so that should be fun...

Brannstrom is expected back in for next game.
They sure dont make it easy being a fan of this team.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don't know, I prefer Haley TBH. At least Haley has a role. What was JC's role? Offensive? No. Defensive. No. Physical? No.

Anyways, this is a L.Brown thread. The gist is that Clarke is just a roster spot filler, while Brown gets up to speed.
He is more physical than Haley actually.

Reactions: cudi

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Im not sure where this notion comes from that he hasn't proven anything, hasn't earned anything etc.
lets have a look:

In his 81 games in the AHL he has put up 70pts. Including 28 in his last 25.
Gets his call up for 25 games (his first actual NHL stint) following that and puts up 8pts in 21 games, and does it averaging 11:45 TOI - (only 2pts were PP others EV) in addition to that he was complimented on his improved down low play in his own zone by DJ/others etc. Good puck support, not cheating.
The eye test to me was he was working in those games as well.
*THIS WAS LAST YEAR

Lets compare that to how our current veteran centre group has fared:
Tierney 23 GP 9 pts 15:30 min per game.
Stepan 20 GP 6pts also over 15 min per game.
- Shall we discuss the eye test on those two? lol

I guess those guys earned the right to play like crap by virtue of uhhhh their careers?
Im not a conspiracy theorist I don't believe the Sens are trying to ruin a player they need, but there is a massive disconnect between what had been happening on the ice and how he is being deployed - and its baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad