Prospect Info: Logan Brown (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
This thread is going to be awful in the next couple of days once he plays.
He really should just play some games in Belleville first. I agree it probably won’t be pretty if he starts in Ottawa now. And people are so ready to call him a bust.
Even though he’s 22

Reactions: DJB

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He really should just play some games in Belleville first. I agree it probably won’t be pretty if he starts in Ottawa now. And people are so ready to call him a bust.
Even though he’s 22
He needs NHL reps. Just get him in there and give it 5 games. If he doesn't start improving then send him to the AHL. If Haley, Anisimov and Stepan can all take regular shifts with their ability to play with speed Brown will be able to too.

First two games might be rough but he needs to be given the same opportunity as there rest of the team to work through them. Everyone else pretty much got 10 games to get it together.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He needs NHL reps. Just get him in there and give it 5 games. If he doesn't start improving then send him to the AHL. If Haley, Anisimov and Stepan can all take regular shifts with their ability to play with speed Brown will be able to too.

First two games might be rough but he needs to be given the same opportunity as there rest of the team to work through them. Everyone else pretty much got 10 games to get it together.
I ....still can’t believe the brain trust of this team thought stepan and anisimov could make up 2/3rds of an NHL top 9 center position.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This thread is going to be awful in the next couple of days once he plays.
I guess.

Either he plays aweful and those who wanted him in the lineup to see what we have get their answer in disapointing fashion, followed by a waive of I told you so

He plays great and we get a bunch of i told you so comments ripping on management, and those suppoting the decision to keep him out until now

He plays somewhere in between and both sides claim victory tell everyone who will listen they told them so.

My prediction, nobody will eat any crow regardless of how he plays, prove me wrong:sarcasm:

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He is going to be able to practice and play 3 games in Belleville over the week. Good opportunity for him to get up to game speed when they call him up to the Sens.
Under the circumstances it’s a good plan.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I guess.

Either he plays aweful and those who wanted him in the lineup to see what we have get their answer in disapointing fashion, followed by a waive of I told you so

He plays great and we get a bunch of i told you so comments ripping on management, and those suppoting the decision to keep him out until now

He plays somewhere in between and both sides claim victory tell everyone who will listen they told them so.

My prediction, nobody will eat any crow regardless of how he plays, prove me wrong:sarcasm:
He needs alot more than 2 games, look how long its taken so many other players. I just hope people have patience on both sides of the coin here, anyone jumping to any conclusions on a tiny sample size should probably look into a new hobby.

Thats too bad about Logan. If Reilly is coming out for Coburn thats good news. I wonder if the coaching staff was paying attention to Reilly's new thing of jumping in front of his own goalie at the last second to create a screen and think to themselves. Wait a minute he is on our team.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I’d be okay with Logan going straight into the lineup - Brannstrom and Zub were okay.

I guess the Logan Brown watch is in its final stage here. He’ll be an NHL player, just maybe somewhere else

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He needs alot more than 2 games, look how long its taken so many other players. I just hope people have patience on both sides of the coin here, anyone jumping to any conclusions on a tiny sample size should probably look into a new hobby.

Thats too bad about Logan. If Reilly is coming out for Coburn thats good news. I wonder if the coaching staff was paying attention to Reilly's new thing of jumping in front of his own goalie at the last second to create a screen and think to themselves. Wait a minute he is on our team.

Yeah, that's totally fair, Dadonov took time to get going, Batherson and Norris had some ups and downs before really finding their footing, White the same thing.

When he finally does play, the team will be in mid-season form while he'll have gotten the icetime and practice you might expact coming out of traning camp...

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
at least he doesn't have to keep doing that drive from Ottawa to Belleville. Thats...positive I guess!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Pretty sure they sent Brannstrom to the taxi squad and bag skatted him in practice. Coburn was lined up with Gudbranson so that should be fun...

Brannstrom is expected back in for next game.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Reminder that PD gave up a third round pick to move up one spot to draft a guy the team refuses to play.

Asset management at its finest.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Logical. No, im not being sarcastic.

lol man hasn't played in over a year outside of 2 games

why not just play him in the NHL with the AHL schedule being slow to start

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Isn't this exactly what they said last time?

I dont remember them saying he'd play games for sure. Good chance Im wrong tho and too lazy to look it up.

As long as they stick with what they tell us they're gonna do, then Im aight with it.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
At least he'll get into a few games in Belleville. Kinda stupid having him sit on the taxi squad for who know how long now doing whatever. I get this is a weird year with covid protocols and all that, but it really feels like they don't have much of a plan happening here.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
At least he'll get into a few games in Belleville. Kinda stupid having him sit on the taxi squad for who know how long now doing whatever. I get this is a weird year with covid protocols and all that, but it really feels like they don't have much of a plan happening here.

I believe Belleville hasn't played in a while and this gave him the chance to practise with the NHLers in the mean time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad