Prospect Info: Logan Brown (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
This starts from the assumption that the org is always right in its evaluation and handling of player and are holding him back for reasons other than that evaluation. You're creating a strawman.

It's pretty simple, people disagree with the orgs valuation of some players, and how to best handle them. maybe in Logan's case they are right, maybe they are wrong. No tin foil needed, no contrived theory for what benefit there is for the org to hold him back either, because presumably those who think the org is holding him back also think its an error in judgement not some plan to reap unkown rewards.

Sure, except no one in here has any idea how you bring along young NHL players, no one here has any idea what is going on in the room, off the ice, or even on the ice at practices.

You guys always crack me up, it’s always ‘my rights!’ And endlessly arguing as though your positions carry any weight, let alone match a pro doing their job, party to all relevant information. Pros can make mistakes, I agree with that for sure, but that fact doesn’t open the door to legitimizing armchair GM’s opinions.

The strawman is of your creation. No one is arguing that the org is always right, only you are arguing that, but just because the org isn’t always right, doesn’t make you right in the slightest.

Opinions are great, but no one should be vehemently taking themselves seriously, and getting upset at the org. The only truth that any of us know, is that we have no idea what’s been going on.

I’ll look at how many times this board has exploded over a prospect let go over the years, and how often those players amount to next to nothing at the NHL level in the end, and use that as an indication of how much faith to put into an opinions. Conveniently those fans simply change the channel and move to freaking out about the next prospect that is ‘being treated unfairly’.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Sure, except no one in here has any idea how you bring along young NHL players, no one here has any idea what is going on in the room, off the ice, or even on the ice at practices.

You guys always crack me up, it’s always ‘my rights!’ And endlessly arguing as though your positions carry any weight, let alone match a pro doing their job, party to all relevant information. Pros can make mistakes, I agree with that for sure, but that fact doesn’t open the door to legitimizing armchair GM’s opinions.

The strawman is of your creation. No one is arguing that the org is always right, only you are arguing that, but just because the org isn’t always right, doesn’t make you right in the slightest.

Opinions are great, but no one should be vehemently taking themselves seriously, and getting upset at the org. The only truth that any of us know, is that we have no idea what’s been going on.

I’ll look at how many times this board has exploded over a prospect let go over the years, and how often those players amount to next to nothing at the NHL level in the end, and use that as an indication of how much faith to put into an opinions. Conveniently those fans simply change the channel and move to freaking out about the next prospect that is ‘being treated unfairly’.
Strawman bad, appeal to authority good!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

All that writing and you could have just said you think the org is right because they are professionals. Thanks for your contribution tho

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
All that writing and you could have just said you think the org is right because they are professionals. Thanks for your contribution tho

As usual you struggle with reading comprehension and choose to make you own point and argue it to yourself.

Never change dude!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ah yes true.

He needs to play games and he's barely played in Belleville. It would benefit him to be as prepared as possible for his NHL showcase.
While that's true, if the goal was to ensure he was prepred, we could have left him in Belleville until he was prepared (where he'd have gotten more practice time than with the big club) or had him in the full practice as the 5th line instead of doing skill development and bag skates with the extras. He's been handled strangely imo.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
While that's true, if the goal was to ensure he was prepred, we could have left him in Belleville until he was prepared, or had him in the full practice as the 5th line instead of doing skill development and bag skates with the extras. He's been handled strangely imo.

Yeaaaaah, or maybe there was a reason to bring him up to the big team over the weekend. Maybe he even did a few more things than what was sent out in a tweet from TSN.

Naw, probably not, you’re right, super strange....

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Garrioch is what he is, a sycophant.

He gets information from the source, which is great for us in some respects as he relays that info. He only says what the organisation wants to hear, never asks or relays tough questions or answers.

What he says is what the org is thinking, not very often Bruce has opinions, and then they aren't usually worth discussing.

Is there a ‘reporter’ in pro sports who has an easier job the Bruce Garrioch?
I mean clearly his bosses expect nothing from him as long as the Sens give him the time of day, &
the sole object of his reporting tells him what to say and think.

Wondercarrot

Jul 2, 2002

you seem like you’d be happier on something other than a fanatics speculative message board.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Everybody rest easy

Have we ever even heard Garrioch slightly hint at a possible questionable move by the organization

"I am the organization" - Garrioch

0fce3421-79a4-4a0c-9186-d0af2165e8d0

Would not even be surprised if Dorion and Garrioch are revealed to be the same guy, Dorion's Garrioch disguise is merely putting a pillow under his shirt and spreading crumbs from a pastrami sandwich on his face.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Wondercarrot

Jul 2, 2002
Yeaaaaah, or maybe there was a reason to bring him up to the big team over the weekend. Maybe he even did a few more things than what was sent out in a tweet from TSN.

Naw, probably not, you’re right, super strange....

no no no, you’re clearly super right and there is nothing to discuss with respect to development of Logan Brown.
(In a thread specifically devoted to life and times of Logan Brown)

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Isn't this exactly what they said last time?
Yes. I guess the injury screwed up the plan ? If they want him to play some games in Belleville that’s fine but I wish they had said, we are putting you in tonight against Calgary. Don’t play scared just play because we want you to play a few games with Belleville while we are on the road. Give the kid a taste tonight so he goes back down motivated. Wasted opportunity IMO.

Reactions: Wondercarrot

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
This starts from the assumption that the org is always right in its evaluation and handling of player and are holding him back for reasons other than that evaluation. You're creating a strawman.

It's pretty simple, people disagree with the orgs valuation of some players, and how to best handle them. maybe in Logan's case they are right, maybe they are wrong. No tin foil needed, no contrived theory for what benefit there is for the org to hold him back either, because presumably those who think the org is holding him back also think its an error in judgement not some plan to reap unkown rewards.

Organizations are never always right in their evaluation of players. Your suggesting that's my starting point is a strawman

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Organizations are never always right in their evaluation of players. Your suggesting that's my starting point is a strawman
Sure, i shouldn't have said always, go ahead and ignore the rest of the post because of that though. Your request was still absurd and based on flawed assumptions.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Oh, so you’re saying parts of his game need improvement? How unlike a rookie NHLer.

You can’t possibly be serious...that’s your rationale? Because he wasn’t good enough on the dot yet?! lmfao
Guy is a pure playmaker finding his way, you find it unusual he hadn’t begun piling up shots?
Given his point producing pace & given an average TOI like a normal center say 15 min - he’d have been on 40pt pace as a rookie.

3 power play points, five even strength, 5 even strength points can't win faceoffs cant get shots on net.. he just wasn't ready 2 point in 11 games before being sent down..

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
It’s a real shame how things have gone down with Logie. Just a slow rot, it seems. At this point I’m resigned to him going on to be a pretty good player elsewhere.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
It’s a real shame how things have gone down with Logie. Just a slow rot, it seems. At this point I’m resigned to him going on to be a pretty good player elsewhere.
Improved every year. On pace for potential lead in pts last year in Belleville.
On pace for more pts than Norris(one of the best ahl players)

= slow rot

Excellent analysis ;)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

= slow rot

Excellent analysis ;)

Perhaps he was refering to the teams relationship with the player as opposed to the player himselfwho he suggested would go on to be a pretty good player for another team?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

= slow rot

Excellent analysis ;)
See what Mickle said:
Perhaps he was refering to the teams relationship with the player as opposed to the player himselfwho he suggested would go on to be a pretty good player for another team?

Wondercarrot

Jul 2, 2002
3 power play points, five even strength, 5 even strength points can't win faceoffs cant get shots on net.. he just wasn't ready 2 point in 11 games before being sent down..

Those 8pts put him on pace for 40pts in a full season at approx 14min of ice time. that pace gets him in the top 10 every year for rookie scoring and often top 5.
This was LAST YEAR.
the point people/organization are/were making is that he’s proven nothing, which it’s demonstrably false.
This idiocy re. Face off dot presumes no young players have ever been sheltered on the draw like say....everyone of our centres this year.
hard also to imagine why he wasn’t getting shots or producing given the 3 or 4 shifts per prior he was getting down the stretch.

Maybe Logan Brown just isn’t good enough now, I don’t know and neither do you. Maybe Logan Brown had a bad attitude, I don’t know and neither do you. What you can look at is how he has produced and he has produced at star level in the AHL, and he has produced at top 5/10 rookie scoring pace in the 20+ games in the NHL.

Reactions: OD99 and Bileur
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad