Prospect Info: Logan Brown (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Im not sure where this notion comes from that he hasn't proven anything, hasn't earned anything etc.
lets have a look:

In his 81 games in the AHL he has put up 70pts. Including 28 in his last 25.
Gets his call up for 25 games (his first actual NHL stint) following that and puts up 8pts in 21 games, and does it averaging 11:45 TOI - (only 2pts were PP others EV) in addition to that he was complimented on his improved down low play in his own zone by DJ/others etc. Good puck support, not cheating.
The eye test to me was he was working in those games as well.
*THIS WAS LAST YEAR

Lets compare that to how our current veteran centre group has fared:
Tierney 23 GP 9 pts 15:30 min per game.
Stepan 20 GP 6pts also over 15 min per game.
- Shall we discuss the eye test on those two? lol

I guess those guys earned the right to play like crap by virtue of uhhhh their careers?
Im not a conspiracy theorist I don't believe the Sens are trying to ruin a player they need, but there is a massive disconnect between what had been happening on the ice and how he is being deployed - and its baffling.

He had one shot per game and was terrible on face offs so they sent him back down. This is the worst tierney has ever played and he has a real contract. Brown keeps getting injured.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
He needs NHL reps. Just get him in there and give it 5 games. If he doesn't start improving then send him to the AHL. If Haley, Anisimov and Stepan can all take regular shifts with their ability to play with speed Brown will be able to too.

First two games might be rough but he needs to be given the same opportunity as there rest of the team to work through them. Everyone else pretty much got 10 games to get it together.
Absolutely. A lot of people are now saying that Stepan was slow out of the gate because he wasn't playing. He was getting better before he got hurt, it took him awhile. Now, Dzingel is an NHLer, but he also said he will defer to the trainers to see when he is ready. He also needs reps and he is a two time 20 goal scorer.

Now picture Logan Brown and tell me how he could possibly step in, didn't play much in Jan/Feb, gets hurt, and people want him in? He needs his reps and he absolutely will get his shot, and a very good one with Stepan out

Reactions: Sen sational

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Absolutely. A lot of people are now saying that Stepan was slow out of the gate because he wasn't playing. He was getting better before he got hurt, it took him awhile. Now, Dzingel is an NHLer, but he also said he will defer to the trainers to see when he is ready. He also needs reps and he is a two time 20 goal scorer.

Now picture Logan Brown and tell me how he could possibly step in, didn't play much in Jan/Feb, gets hurt, and people want him in? He needs his reps and he absolutely will get his shot, and a very good one with Stepan out
Stepan got an assist, he was not playing any better. Sure it was a nice pass, but nothing else was going his way on the ice.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
At least the silly narrative of "bRoWn NeEdS 2 eArN iT" can end with the call up of a Clark Bishop. Bishop was genuinely horrid in those AHL games. This is not a meritocracy.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
But you are suggesting Marner is on the same level as Gretzky.
Nope! Just using examples of players that had good offensive skills to demonstrate a concept. Those 2 players didn't have strong defensive play, yet got ice time, got better at other aspects of their game and flourished. You can take things for what was actually said and at face value, versus look for secret meanings and creating unnecessary squabbles.

Last edited:

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
At least the silly narrative of "bRoWn NeEdS 2 eArN iT" can end with the call up of a Clark Bishop. Bishop was genuinely horrid in those AHL games. This is not a meritocracy.
The Ottawa Senators are an injury away on the road trip from adding one of Haley or Clarke Bishop, Bishop to a lineup that already includes Anisimov, Peca and Watson. Good times.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
If we're comparing him to a guy like Haley who's dressed on the 4th line this year, he was good in that role. Its all relative to expectations I suppose. I didn't hate him like I've hated some players we've put out there.

They brought up Beaudin to play games. They brought up Bishop to sit. Thats all I'm saying rly.
I think the best part of Haley playing was more minutes for the young guys. I think when he dresses , young guy splay more and the team has success

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Stepan got an assist, he was not playing any better. Sure it was a nice pass, but nothing else was going his way on the ice.
I don't agree. His last 10 games were better than the first ten games, and he has off ice issues to deal with. I was more dealing with his skating and getting his legs

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Beyond obvious he should be playing in Anisimov's spot.

I didn't mind Anisimov last year, but he's been a complete play killer this year and brings nothing to the table at this point that Brown couldn't.

Brown could at least make a difference on the PP, even if he proves to be as lame at even strength as Anisimov.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
When its debatable and he is literally better than everything else is younger and a 2nd round pick groomed within the organization thats why people are asking what the hell is going on.

?

Who are we talking about here again?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Not a great matchup on the ice. At least on home ice DJ can put him in better spots

Is it better that Anisimov goes against the opposition's best players? Dude has been a liability defensively this year.

And why call him up at all if he was going to be sat out of the home games, just to be sent down before the road trip? Makes no sense.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
The Ottawa Senators are an injury away on the road trip from adding one of Haley or Clarke Bishop, Bishop to a lineup that already includes Anisimov, Peca and Watson. Good times.
Should I be ashamed of the fact that I didn't even know we had a player named Clarke Bishop under contract?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Is it better that Anisimov goes against the opposition's best players? Dude has been a liability defensively this year.

And why call him up at all if he was going to be sat out of the home games, just to be sent down before the road trip? Makes no sense.
Reps. You would seriously put in Logan Brown, after 2 practices, 2 games in a calendar year, on the road? Dzingel has been off two weeks...and he isn't ready after playing 11 games. This year. But Logan Brown who was also coming out of an injury...just put him in. Why?

Reactions: Sen sational

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Seems like there's an echo in Garrioch twitter feed

Garrioch is what he is, a sycophant.

He gets information from the source, which is great for us in some respects as he relays that info. He only says what the organisation wants to hear, never asks or relays tough questions or answers.

What he says is what the org is thinking, not very often Bruce has opinions, and then they aren't usually worth discussing.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
He had one shot per game and was terrible on face offs so they sent him back down. This is the worst tierney has ever played and he has a real contract. Brown keeps getting injured.

Oh, so you’re saying parts of his game need improvement? How unlike a rookie NHLer.

You can’t possibly be serious...that’s your rationale? Because he wasn’t good enough on the dot yet?! lmfao
Guy is a pure playmaker finding his way, you find it unusual he hadn’t begun piling up shots?
Given his point producing pace & given an average TOI like a normal center say 15 min - he’d have been on 40pt pace as a rookie.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Literally everything the organization does "makes sense" to Garrioch. They can do no wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad