OT: Local sports coverage talk (the Athletic/Local TV/TBN/WGR/Charging Buffalo/LGA, etc)

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Incredibly brave of Jeremy to share his family’s story like that.
For sure. I would want nothing but privacy in their situation. I just saw it and my heart fell into the pit of my stomach. I can’t even begin to fathom what they are going through.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
That's absolutely devastating, I cannot believe that happened. Losing one seems like the toughest thing ever for new parents, I couldn't imagine the pain of losing all four.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
My heart goes out to him, his wife and family. I hope they find the strength to deal with such an epic tragedy.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I cant stand the guy but nobody should have to go thru losing one child let alone 4..

Best wishes to him and his fam.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
To loose four children you never had a chance to meet or make a single memory with is unfathomable. Sending all positive vibes to his family, I hope they can overcome this.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Did Vesey's lackluster play on a poorly performing line really merit half an hour of Rivet talking about "you need a big, strong, physical guy" this morning?

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
He's deleted it, but this morning Mike Harrington's twitter account blasted out something along the lines of:

"Why is everyone saying OK Boomer to me?? Just stop saying it. I don't even know what OK Boomer means."

It was pure gold. 1,000 "OK boomer" responses among some other real gems.
Classic Mike.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
He's deleted it, but this morning Mike Harrington's twitter account blasted out something along the lines of:

"Why is everyone saying OK Boomer to me?? Just stop saying it. I don't even know what OK Boomer means."

It was pure gold. 1,000 "OK boomer" responses among some other real gems.
Classic Mike.

EJbG7KBX0AAP42f

Harrington went full dril. You never go full dril.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
The meme "ok boomer" annoys the crap out me but the amount of blind irony in Mike's tweet tickled me just right.
Memes generally annoy me, but I find that one funny only because it pisses off the "boomers". It's a meme reaction to the stupid millenial bullshit (they kill everything, they're entitled, lazy, etc.).

Mike Harrington's reaction is exactly why it's funny to me.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I think guys like me-born at the beginning of WW II are zoomers. Somewhere in between in are boomers. At the tail end-30 and under are "roomers" mainly with mum and dad.....Did I get it right?

Reactions: Tatanka

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I think guys like me-born at the beginning of WW II are zoomers. Somewhere in between in are boomers. At the tail end-30 and under are "roomers" mainly with mum and dad.....Did I get it right?
Zoomer is actually one of the names going around for Generation Z, the post-millennial generation.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Zoomer is actually one of the names going around for Generation Z, the post-millennial generation.
Cultural appropriation. Can't the younger generation leave us anything? We are leaving lots to them--some good and some not!

Reactions: Husko

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think one of us just called GR to air our grievances. Edit: called named Nick railing about the lack of change despite the stat guys talking about how measurably bad the guys they keep bringing in at forward are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad