OT: Local sports coverage talk (the Athletic/Local TV/TBN/WGR/Charging Buffalo/LGA, etc)

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Schopp is in his glory of speculation with the McCoy stuff right now.

Tries to connect things from bad tipping to a fight with off duty cops to he is a bad guy and why would the gf’s friend lie. But hey idk what’s going on and maybe I’ll regret what I’m saying here, because I’m hot.

Then a caller says something similar, but instead of assuming McCoy did something he says it appears the gf has some motivation for lieing, and the caller finishes with but I could be wrong.

Hypocrite Schopp takes that opportunity to attack his own customer, and says he can’t understand how callers could say things they might regret later. Endless lulz with this guy.

Reactions: Husko and dasaybz

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
For those that hate the Radio.com app ...

I just go to the WBEN and WGR website and click on listen. Works perfectly. :dunno:

Ruman Ndur

Jun 17, 2010
Is there a good hockey talk show to listen to? Ive streamed wgr on my commute from time to time because I get nostalgic for Buffalo, but I’d like to change it up for so w better hocney discussion.

A couple of podcasts I enjoy:

31 Thoughts (Marek and Friedman)
Biscuits (Down Goes Brown and Lozo)
ESPN on Ice (Wyshinski & Kaplan)
Hockey PDO Cast (Dmitri Filipovic)
Puck Soup (Wysh and Lozo)
The Full 60 (Custance)...this one is more about hockey media
BobCast (McKenzie)...this one is kinda dry

The Instigator Podcast (Sabres Centric, done by locals)

Reactions: 1point21Gigawatts

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Good, keep things interesting. It's what I'm paying for. I love Vogl but I need some spicy articles to go with his easy going ones.
He's says it involves someone not well remembered and not talked about in a while. Is he just going to make a Darcy/Botterill comparison?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

Bets?

Jack is the cancer.
Pegula won't spend money anymore.
Housley ripped by his players.
Dahlin's arthritis starting up.
Reinhart negotiations stalled, player wants out.
Sabretooth on HGH.

Could they all be true??

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Bets?

Jack is the cancer.
Pegula won't spend money anymore.
Housley ripped by his players.
Dahlin's arthritis starting up.
Reinhart negotiations stalled, player wants out.
Sabretooth on HGH.

Could they all be true??
Money on a cultural critique/Housley unhappiness.

I feel like a Dahlin medical issue would have leaked to bigger sources, but that’s the thing I’m also totally emotionally unprepared to handle.

Reactions: Eichel9

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Cody Hodgson has similar ppg to Reinhart as an older player, and his longer term low cost deal didn’t work out....

A tease like that deserves a punch right in the kisser.

Reactions: Icicle and jc17

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
Didn't Hodgson have some sort of back injury?

Makes no sense to compare Reinhart to a guy whos career was undermined by a thing he couldn't do anything about.

Reactions: Awebz

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I'm pretty relieved that this was the "uneasiness". I mean, Hodgson is the exception more than the rule. Young promising player with some medical issues who slowly declined in his early 20s all the way out of the league. Not exactly worried about Reinhart following a similar path.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
If it makes people feel any better Reinhart has been better at getting scoring chances which should suggest his production is more sustainable than Hodgson.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Like @sabrebuild said, he said that there is a statistical comparison of Reinhart to Hodgson at a similar age.

He figured that would make fans uneasy because of how Hodgson's career unfolded.
Hodgson was a dogshit possession/defensive player with multiple developmental years impacted by a misdiagnosed back injury that ended up degenerative.

Reinhart... isn’t.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Based on the reactions to Yerdon’s article, some of you need a break from hockey talk to recharge your perspective.

I think who he's referring to when he talks about Sabres fans being uneasy, is interesting. Does he mean the most optimistic fans? Does he mean the ones that hated the ROR trade? Which portion of the fanbase does he mean?

Though to be honest, I think he's just using a tactic to get people to check out his new article on the website. It's all for the clicks. I doubt we will be getting anything earth-shattering.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I think who he's referring to when he talks about Sabres fans being uneasy, is interesting. Does he mean the most optimistic fans? Does he mean the ones that hated the ROR trade? Which portion of the fanbase does he mean?

Though to be honest, I think he's just using a tactic to get people to check out his new article on the website. It's all for the clicks. I doubt we will be getting anything earth-shattering.

Having followed him for some time he was just being silly. Not everything needs to be dissected for deeper meaning.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo

why would fans that think positively about the situation be uneasy? unease is a negative feeling. I think he's talking about the folks that castrate management/coaching for any move that gets made without really honestly considering the potentially good effects of such things.

either way, yeah, def all for the clicks. These news sources need to make money to stay in business... and when the team does poorly the best way to do that is via fearmongering and unselfaware biased analysis that plays off of people's anger rather than taking a look at the bigger picture that it takes time to build a successful team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad