OT: Local sports coverage talk (the Athletic/Local TV/TBN/WGR/Charging Buffalo/LGA, etc)

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Sabres still draw TV crowd in season of low attendance, fan protests
You can make the argument that owners Terry and Kim Pegula saved the Sabres in the smallest American TV market in the NHL and the Buffalo Bills in one of the smallest TV markets in the NFL.

If he “goes,” heaven help both teams.

Some Buffalo sports fans don’t realize how fortunate they are to have two professional sports teams in a market this small. In the days before the media was affected and distracted by social networks, a protest attracting a couple of dozen people as the one last weekend did would either be ignored or get a brief mention.

Alan Pergament goes full Kilgore

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Greg Wyshinski was just on with Bulldog.

It hurts me that these two dopes get paid to talk about hockey.

I like Bulldog generally, but hearing the first ten minutes of the interview made me want to put a hand through my windshield.

Reactions: sabremike

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
You can make the argument that owners Terry and Kim Pegula saved the Sabres in the smallest American TV market in the NHL and the Buffalo Bills in one of the smallest TV markets in the NFL.

Some Buffalo sports fans don’t realize how fortunate they are to have two professional sports teams in a market this small. In the days before the media was affected and distracted by social networks, a protest attracting a couple of dozen people as the one last weekend did would either be ignored or get a brief mention.

Sweet Christ what an article.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

That was just about the most trash piece of hockey writing I have ever seen. Right up there with the absolute worst of Steve Simmons, Larry Brooks or Harrington.

Reactions: jd1970

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
That was just about the most trash piece of hockey writing I have ever seen. Right up there with the absolute worst of Steve Simmons, Larry Brooks or Harrington.

It wasn't hockey writing, it was be grateful to your billionaire benefactors you unwashed hockey loving masses, who still provide excellent ratings despite a trash product.

Reactions: sabremike

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011

Impressive, considering Pergament is 100% a media critic.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

giphy.gif

VanekAttack91

Mar 22, 2010
Buffalo,NY
Biron carrying water for the team lineup decisions this morning.

Jeez.
I do like Marty, but Jeremy and Howard practically were begging him to say that the Sabres need a 2C in order to be able to get the most out of the scoring forwards they have, and he couldn't do it. Reverted back to saying how Olofsson deserves the time on the top line over Skinner and Skinner needs to work harder.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I do like Marty, but Jeremy and Howard practically were begging him to say that the Sabres need a 2C in order to be able to get the most out of the scoring forwards they have, and he couldn't do it. Reverted back to saying how Olofsson deserves the time on the top line over Skinner and Skinner needs to work harder.

Even in the face of the actual results. Digging in on Johansson's game though was just so head-scratching from Marty.

Reactions: VanekAttack91

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
As a press conversation, it's popcorn-worthy to watch the press-on-press violence on Twitter these last few weeks. Seems the patience of not only the fans has worn thin. Graham on Harrington and Warwow vs. GR is mildly amusing. Sad, since it isn't about story any longer, but ruefully humorous.

VanekAttack91

Mar 22, 2010
Buffalo,NY
Jeremy bringing up how different "stars" around the league are playing with 8-9+ million $ players and it is just so frustrating that they play Jeff with Jack, he scores 40 (32 at ES), pay him $9 mil, then don't play him with Jack the following year or have an actual 2C to play him with....wonder what that Reinhart contract is going to look like after a career year with Jack

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Comparing Skinner to Satan was wild, too. Out of nowhere, just questioning work ethic

I like Marty, he's really an awesome guy and I love that he's still associated with the team and loves the area. But sometimes listening to these guys makes me really miss Robitaille.

Reactions: Chainshot

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
They need to be even tougher so that Pegula finally wakes up and kicks Botterill in the ass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->