OT: Local sports coverage talk (the Athletic/Local TV/TBN/WGR/Charging Buffalo/LGA, etc)

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Not sure if anybody was listening...Dan Carcillo just dropped a bombshell of an interview on wgr (Bulldog). I usually only listen to wgr to and from work (about 10-15 minutes a day). I sat in my parked car for an extra 15-20 minutes to listen to him talk about concussions, Montador, the case against the NHL, Bettman, coaches. He even got into some specifics about team employees telling him to shut up about his fight for mental health, concussions....it was one of the best interviews I’ve heard in a LONG time.

They said they would re-air the interview later tonight.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Not sure if anybody was listening...Dan Carcillo just dropped a bombshell of an interview on wgr (Bulldog). I usually only listen to wgr to and from work (about 10-15 minutes a day). I sat in my parked car for an extra 15-20 minutes to listen to him talk about concussions, Montador, the case against the NHL, Bettman, coaches. He even got into some specifics about team employees telling him to shut up about his fight for mental health, concussions....it was one of the best interviews I’ve heard in a LONG time.

They said they would re-air the interview later tonight.

Here is the link.

1-15 Daniel Carcillo on Schopp & the Bulldog

Reactions: Samsonite23

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
$140 mil? Consider newspaper profitability a gap in my knowledge base... I wouldn’t think the biggest newspaper company in a market like Buffalo would be worth close to that much.

Edit: :laugh: Ahhhh never mind. Berkshire Hathaway was bought for $140 mil. That makes muchhhh more sense.

Last edited:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
$140 mil? Consider newspaper profitability a gap in my knowledge base... I wouldn’t think the biggest newspaper company in a market like Buffalo would be worth close to that much.

Edit: :laugh: Ahhhh never mind. Berkshire Hathaway was bought for $140 mil. That makes muchhhh more sense.
Berkshire Hathaway sold all the newspapers it owns for $140 million. It wasn’t purchased. That would take a lot of billions.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Rumors are rampant about big changes coming to TBN. Eddie the shoeshine boy has been talking up Bucky and Jerry

3npq5a.jpg

Reactions: Chainshot

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I wonder if Harrington was told he won't be part of Lee Enterprises plans and is going down in a ball of flames.

I wonder what his journalism degree will get him on the open market since he won't have a platform to bully twitter users from anymore. I'm sure there's some mall Kiosk he can angrily yell at people from.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wonder if Harrington was told he won't be part of Lee Enterprises plans and is going down in a ball of flames.

If we could be so lucky.

It's clear his former colleagues don't like him -- at least Tim Graham flat out detests him -- unlike Sullivan who seems to have gotten well-wishes from most in light of the cancellation of his radio show.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Anyone else mildly amused that GR’s afternoon program spent about 40 minutes talking about alcohol before going into the pregame coverage? I think their hosts have been told not to be hard on the team and there’s really nothing else to talk about other than how to drown your sorrows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->