GDT: LIVE NHL Draft 2022, Day 2 -- NO SPOILERS

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Or, you can trade them for wingers that you sign to regrettable long term contracts.

Or trade for guys that blow up the locker room.

Or you can give up a 1st for the wrong goalie.

There are all sorts of landmines when a GM gets impatient.

Or you could gut a ECF team to get six first rounders over two years and wind up dead last as a result. If we play the "don't be Murray" card, I get to play the "don't be Bowman" card.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Or you could gut a ECF team to get six first rounders over two years and wind up dead last as a result. If we play the "don't be Murray" card, I get to play the "don't be Bowman" card.
Given how the last two drafts have gone, I have less concerns on that front from Adams and company.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013

It's fair to ask what happens if Barrasso doesn't force his way off the team. Bowman may have been vindicated.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Minor hyperbole. Go read the Anderson re-signing thread.
I read all that and nobody said that Anderson was going to play even 40+ games.

It was all about wanting the Sabres to upgrade at the position and bringing back Anderson signaled that a significant upgrade in goal was unlikely.

And there are questions that trading for Murray would give them a reasonable upgrade given his overall poor play and injury history over the past few years.

Everyone knows that Adams will re-sign UPL and acquire two more pro goalies before camp.

The question is how good are those two mystery goalies. This almost trade does not change the optimism about who those two goalies are.

Reactions: Sabresfansince1980

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I woke up this morning so freaking happy and excited.

now it feels like a Conor Geekie kind of day.

slow…boring…low motivation

• Haha
Reactions: displacedsabre

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Given how the last two drafts have gone, I have less concerns on that front from Adams and company.

Recency bias? It's not like the Sabres didn't draft TWO OHL MVP's outside of the first round in that era? A Calder winner of their own? Buffalo has some nice picks but that doesn't downplay the risk nor the possibility that "nice" finds still don't work out as good pros.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I read all that and nobody said that Anderson was going to play even 40+ games.

It was all about wanting the Sabres to upgrade at the position and bringing back Anderson signaled that a significant upgrade in goal was unlikely.

And there are questions that trading for Murray would give them a reasonable upgrade given his overall poor play and injury history over the past few years.

Everyone knows that Adams will re-sign UPL and acquire two more pro goalies before camp.

The question is how good are those two mystery goalies. This almost trade does not change the optimism about who those two goalies are.

First page. As I said, it was hyperbole, but look at these and tell me that the attitude about KA/the goalie situation isn't accurate.

"Giant sidestep"

"Punting seasons"

"Continuing down the path of mediocrity"

"No urgency to be better"

Reactions: Dingo44

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
It would only really have been worth it if Nemec or Jiricek slipped to 7.

I have no confidence in Murray as a starting goalie in the NHL.
Disagree. Bob's list is usually within a couple picks. The talent pool +- 2 of 7 is definitely a step ahead of 16.

5 Cutter Gauthier USA U-18 (USHL)
6 David Jiricek Plzen (CZE)
7 Joakim Kemell JYP (SM Liiga)
8 Jonathan Lakkerimaki Djurgardens (SWE J-20)
9 Matt Savoie Winnipeg (WHL)
17 Jimmy Snuggerud USA U-18 (USHL)
18 Jiří Kulich Karlovy (CZE)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's fair to ask what happens if Barrasso doesn't force his way off the team. Bowman may have been vindicated.

Because Creighton, Lacombe, Cyr all turned out?

The lessons? That a combination that fixation on one's prospects definitely turning out is as much folly as trying to overcome a bad roster with a barrage of trades, especially for dubious character players.

Well that sucks. Murray’s a bum, you’d think he wouldn’t be so picky.

Sounds like he may go to the Leafs. That'll make things spicy.

Reactions: sabremike

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Adams up next on wgr. Walking into a tough spot with that prescheduled.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Adams up next on wgr. Walking into a tough spot with that prescheduled.

I imagine we'll hear the same rote comments he made in both the combo presser with Fortin and yesterday's "casual" presser upon his arrival in Montreal. If you listen to both back to back, there are a number of phrases he repeated in both.

That Georgiev trade is terrible

For who though? :biglaugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad