GDT: LIVE NHL Draft 2022, Day 2 -- NO SPOILERS

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Duffer and Marty are doing a 3 hour draft show today from Montreal on wgr 12-3 est. FYI

Chad D is doing a Live Draft Show, awaiting media link

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
After some to-and-fro'ing - i have the day off work tomorrow.

Could have still watched it otherwise - but it's better not to have to function on 2-3 hours sleep.

Are WGR covering the draft live? I might need to find a legit audio stream if i can't find a good unorthodox video stream. As bad as WGR can be - at least their coverage is Sabre centric.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
9th - Savoie or Geekie (Gauthier ideally but unlikely)
16th - Nazar or Yurov (Kasper ideally but unlikely)
28th - Pickering or Chesley (Bichsel ideally but unlikely)

41 - in preferential order (3 or so should be available)
Gaucher, Miro, Firkus, Kulich, Schaefer, Bystedt, Lamoureux, Ostlund, DBB, Forsmark, Warren, Goyette

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
After some to-and-fro'ing - i have the day off work tomorrow.

Could have still watched it otherwise - but it's better not to have to function on 2-3 hours sleep.

Are WGR covering the draft live? I might need to find a legit audio stream if i can't find a good unorthodox video stream. As bad as WGR can be - at least their coverage is Sabre centric.
Live Draft coverage at 7pm on WGR and ESPN

ChadD is also doing a webcast draft show. Watch his channel today for more info

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Heart:

Head:

Capture.JPG

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

What will the Sabres and Coyotes do with their three first-round picks?​

The Sabres select ninth, 16th and 28th. They've been widely linked with two players, both wingers: Jonathan Lekkerimaki of Djurgarden (Sweden), who has goal-scoring upside and could go at No. 9; and Danila Yurov of Magnitogorsk. The 28th pick, one assumes, will be another defenseman to join a growing group under last season's top pick, Owen Power. -- Wyshynski

9. Buffalo Sabres: Jonathan Lekkerimaki, RW, Djurgarden (Sweden)​

The Sabres should go with offense here, and likely on the wing. Of the available options, Lekkerimaki -- which, we'll admit, does sound like a Swedish "Letterkenny" spinoff -- gets the nod. He had 15 points in eight games to lead the under-18 world championship, including five goals. He'll need a little time to cook with just one season of pro hockey to his credit, but he's got some goal-scoring upside.

16. Buffalo Sabres (from Vegas Golden Knights): Brad Lambert, F, Pelicans (Finland)​

Lambert is the wild card of the draft. At one point, he was a seen as a top-three pick. Then he struggled with JYP of Liiga, moved to the Lahti Pelicans and then struggled there, too, finishing with four goals in 49 games total between both teams. But his skill is incredible, especially his speed. The Sabres have the kind of prospect pool where they can take a swing here, and should swing away for Lambert with the pick they acquired in the Jack Eichel deal. One interesting note: Lambert's junior rights were recently acquired by WHL Seattle.

28. Buffalo Sabres (from Florida Panthers): Maveric Lamoureux, D, Drummondville (QMJHL)​

The Sabres take a 6-7 giant of a defenseman in Lamoureux, who has good mobility but is very much a project. Or, given his dimensions, a tall task.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Montreal should pick Slaf cuz he's the best prospect and the draft. And not leak it. And then pandemonium when the pick is in.

That gives 10 minutes for Jersey to make a trade right?

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Live Draft coverage at 7pm on WGR and ESPN

ChadD is also doing a webcast draft show. Watch his channel today for more info

I'm in the UK. Without VPN.

Pretty sure it's not available here anywhere - which is annoying. As recently as the Quinn/covid draft we actually got it on free to air TV.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Montreal should pick Slaf cuz he's the best prospect and the draft. And not leak it. And then pandemonium when the pick is in.

That gives 10 minutes for Jersey to make a trade right?
I want the drama, but I don't love NJ being gifted hughes, wright, and Nico

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad