GDT: LIVE NHL Draft 2022, Day 2 -- NO SPOILERS

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Maybe.

But, I think there is a decent chance that he falls to 16, too. There are like 15+ guys that could reasonably go between 10 & 15 this year.

Being impatient tends to not work out more than it tends to work out.
Yeah because trading draft picks is always for old vets that won’t have a long-term impact

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
lets trade our second two firsts and our second plus prospects for Lehner, Kane and RoR.

how can it not work out? You can‘t possibly finish last with moves like that!

• Haha
Reactions: Jim Bob

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Yeah because trading draft picks is always for old vets that won’t have a long-term impact
Or, you can trade them for wingers that you sign to regrettable long term contracts.

Or trade for guys that blow up the locker room.

Or you can give up a 1st for the wrong goalie.

There are all sorts of landmines when a GM gets impatient.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
lets trade our second two firsts and our second plus prospects for Lehner, Kane and RoR.

how can it not work out? You can‘t possibly finish last with moves like that!
Or, you can trade them for wingers that you sign to regrettable long term contracts.

You guys are giving me the shakes, even though I'm trying to do everything my therapist recommended to make this night a cathartic experience.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
Why does the 2nd round start on a Friday at 11AM EST? That will be hard to follow for even die-hard NHL fans and certainly will do nothing to grow interest in the game.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Wishlist for the top 2 rounds. Any assortment of the following

9:
Jiricek
Forwards pretty even for me.
Lekk - Looked good in the SHL. Reino vibes. Good shot, smart, decent size, comfortable with the puck. Doesn't impose his will on the game, and nothing special defensively.
Kemell - Also thought he looked good in the mens league. More dynamic than Lekk, but injury/size the drawback.
Savoie - Also dynamic, but untested against a men's league. Concussions the biggest concern, but a lot of upsude

16:
Nazar - Good motor. Good vision, but maybe less so than the guys in the #9 tier. Every shift he seemed to have an impact. The fabbri comparison scares me a little.
Kasper - Another motor. I think his IQ is a little overrated, but not bad. Noticeable impact in the SHL as a 17 year old.
Yurov - Have only seen a little. Skill seems to be there, everyone seems to like him. I'll buy in

28:
Lutz - Maybe its cliche to take the german after the peterka heist, but I think he's another incredibly underrated player. I think the skill, vision, motor, size is all there. I wouldn't blink if we took him at 16, even if 28 is considered a reach already.
Firkus - Skillz. Size might affect the upside.
Warren - Maybe some work needed on D positioning, but a lot of potential. Righty Samuelsson?

41:
Bichsel - Again, I'll just buy the reviews, but he's probably not available here.
Goyette - Sometimes you just need to draft the guy that scores. Viewings weren't overly impressive, but there's potential
Guacher - Don't love going for lower ceilings this high, but I liked what I saw
Sapovaliv - Seems like a pain in the butt to play against. See above. Does it translate to the NHL, or does it just end up being a Pekar situation?

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011

Or it can be a great player. These things aren’t binary. If you have faith in the GM to make a move that makes sense, then we can be open to trading draft picks.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
My not so expert opinion:
9. Jonathan Lekkerimakki
16. Marco Kasper or Ryan Chesley
28. Jimmy Snuggerud or Noah Ostlund
I doubt Kasper lasts to 16, but I would be happy with almost any combination of those players. There really is a long list I'll be happy with tonight -

(if any big six player drops to 9)
Kasper
Nazar
Lekkerimaki
Kemell
Ohgren
Ostlund
McGroarty
Snuggerud
Howard
Savoie
Kulich
Chesley
Rinzel
Luneau

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Or it can be a great player. These things aren’t binary. If you have faith in the GM to make a move that makes sense, then we can be open to trading draft picks.
The challenge is that most of the ideas that I have seen thrown out there do not make sense for this team at this time.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: