Player Discussion Linus Ullmark

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
and on that note, I’ve made my decision. Can’t trade a goalie. They’ll live or die with these two.
Have to wonder how they would do if they each played on a different team. I'm sure they would be really good goalies, but not so sure they would be as good as they are when together. The mental game is very important when it comes to goalies. The support they have for each other seems to really take them to the next level. Having the trio of Ullmark, Swayman, and Essensa is something that cannot be appreciated enough by Bs fans.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Have to wonder how they would do if they each played on a different team. I'm sure they would be really good goalies, but not so sure they would be as good as they are when together. The mental game is very important when it comes to goalies. The support they have for each other seems to really take them to the next level. Having the trio of Ullmark, Swayman, and Essensa is something that cannot be appreciated enough by Bs fans.
Impossible to tell. All i know for sure is that together they’re playing like two of the best in the league. Their bond is undeniable. Sweeney would be a total jackass to get involved at this stage.

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Impossible to tell. All i know for sure is that together they’re playing like two of the best in the league. Their bond is undeniable. Sweeney would be a total jackass to get involved at this stage.
It makes a decent amount of sense from outside looking in to move one of them, but considering how they’re playing and seeing this bond on a daily basis I’m not surprised management hasn't split them up yet.

But without a doubt if Donny gets the right offer, that’s not on Ullmark’s NTL cus he’s obviously not waiving it, he’s making the move.

It sucks but he has to continue conducting business, it just has to be worth the return and the negative effect it may have on the room. That’s the part of the job that we the fan have trouble reading.

BruinsBlitz

Nov 15, 2023
It makes a decent amount of sense from outside looking in to move one of them, but considering how they’re playing and seeing this bond on a daily basis I’m not surprised management hasn't split them up yet.

But without a doubt if Donny gets the right offer, that’s not on Ullmark’s NTL cus he’s obviously not waiving it, he’s making the move.

It sucks but he has to continue conducting business, it just has to be worth the return and the negative effect it may have on the room. That’s the part of the job that we the fan have trouble reading.
Managing the team is a delicate task. Retaining a promising goalie like Swayman is strategic for future strength, yet altering team chemistry now is a challenge. Here's hoping for a positive outcome!

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
interesting POV. I personally never have seen something like those two. There is simply something special, friendly, and their bond might be at the highest level.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I was always surprised at the price/value of a high end goalie on the trade market. I don't think the Bruins would be better off trading him unless they're at the point where the team goal has changed (I won't actually say it). They have one of the most cost effective tandem in the league. Why changed that?

Reactions: BMC

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I was always surprised at the price/value of a high end goalie on the trade market. I don't think the Bruins would be better off trading him unless they're at the point where the team goal has changed (I won't actually say it). They have one of the most cost effective tandem in the league. Why changed that?

Because you can replace one of them with an everyday forward or defender which is much more valuable come playoff time.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Because you can replace one of them with an everyday forward or defender which is much more valuable come playoff time.

My thought exactly- not that they rush into anything, but if the opportunity to add an important player comes at the price of losing one of the goalies, I think it has to be on the table.

Reactions: UncleRico

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I don't think you'll find a team pays the price of "an everyday forward or defender" for a goaltender. Unless it's part of a giant package with pieces going the other way.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Now that the cat is out of the bag of Ullmark almost being dealt today at the trade deadline, we'll learn what his true value is in the open market this summer.

Reactions: The don godfather

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Now that the cat is out of the bag of Ullmark almost being dealt today at the trade deadline, we'll learn what his true value is in the open market this summer.
Did Sweeney admit it was true or was there no comment?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Did Sweeney admit it was true or was there no comment?
He basically tried to paint it as he wasn't shopping him and that LA came with an offer that didn't bowl him over anyway and before discussions progressed further Linus put a stop to it. Not sure how true that picture of it is.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
He basically tried to paint it as he wasn't shopping him and that LA came with an offer that didn't bowl him over anyway and before discussions progressed further Linus put a stop to it. Not sure how true that picture of it is.
I mean he never would have went to Linus to ask if it wasn't something worthy of discussion. Linus would have had to know

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Not LA bwhahahaha

Keep Ullmark

I watched Sweeney presser and actually taped it but without going to rewatch did he really say LA ?

I think I would have remembered that

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Eastern team was in on it. Prob New Jersey.
Agree -Fitzgerald and Sweeney are buds and great lines of communication and Ullmark would work in that organization

He’s the guy I’d go get if Tommy Boy

With the 23-24 script just getting into juicy parts needs and time intersection is ways away for both these teams

This would be my guess where he ends in June at some point

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
Anyone else here this: "Weekes reported, “…so there was a deal that he essentially nixed, in large part based on geography, I’m told.” Mark Spector of Sportsnet writes, “A rumoured deal that would have sent Pierre-Luc Dubois to Boston for goalie Linus Ullmark never panned out, leaving the Kings vulnerable in goal as they try to avoid a third consecutive opening-round exit.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad