Player Discussion Linus Ullmark

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I can only go back to Cheevers and Eddie Giacomin and Cesar Maniago

I am blessed to have had a Birds Eye view of the Bruins goalies periods 1 and 3 since I was 6 years old

I’m unfortunately in the Chicago game 6 video (actually my daughter was an nhl network star all summer for her her open mouth head drop/slump when Chicago got the winning goal)

So I can watch these guys

Linus Ullmark is a stud - he’s that good. If they trade him they better get the mother load

For the foreseeable future (2 yrs) he’s legit good

He’s probably got another 5-6 yrs of eliteness

He is clearly being judged for his performance injured just as Bergeron-6 in 3 playoff games with a herniated disc

Unless he’s not going to heal or did something bad I find it crazy to deal him

Oh and he should be able to kill any deal and should

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
I totally see him playing out his contract.
5 million this year.
3.5 next year. A great deal for us.

With him to a degree sharing duties with Swayman he would have to try free agency to get a bigger contract around 8 million plus.
Swayman could likely be signed for 3.5.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Happy for Linus. Heck of a season. I know result were not there in the PO, but for 82 games, and that is the what the Vezina trophy is about, he was clearly the best. Well deserved. Hope he comes back next year!

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Linus has to be traded for MS... Makes too much sense. Keeping him is great as well but only player worth enough to land a centre that has a successor ready. Tough sell to Swayman to play second fiddle for the next two years.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Mick Colageo on the Mount Rushmore of a writer with knowledge about history and hockey joins Haggs and pushes back on Haggs, the social media GMs on Ullmark and injury

He’s bang on but didn’t identify the exact moment Ullmark got hurt worse (it was game 5 about 9 minute mark) but Mick explains correctly don’t believe when he or someone else said he was fine

Where I got my info 2-3 months ago the player probably going into NHL HOF some day and why Bruins basically offered no excuses - no surgery nothing to talk about

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
A very personal interview with Ullmark. This will likely air tonight on HNIC before the Leafs game:

Amazing interview. I love that he’s so open about his struggles… I had no idea of his history and issues with his dad. I hope his story drives more people to take care of their mental health.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
I can only go back to Cheevers and Eddie Giacomin and Cesar Maniago

I am blessed to have had a Birds Eye view of the Bruins goalies periods 1 and 3 since I was 6 years old

I’m unfortunately in the Chicago game 6 video (actually my daughter was an nhl network star all summer for her her open mouth head drop/slump when Chicago got the winning goal)

So I can watch these guys

Linus Ullmark is a stud - he’s that good. If they trade him they better get the mother load

For the foreseeable future (2 yrs) he’s legit good

He’s probably got another 5-6 yrs of eliteness

He is clearly being judged for his performance injured just as Bergeron-6 in 3 playoff games with a herniated disc

Unless he’s not going to heal or did something bad I find it crazy to deal him

Oh and he should be able to kill any deal and should
As long as Essensa is the goaltending coach, I honestly believe we could trade for Jack Campbell and suddenly within 3 months he would be putting up Vezina caliber numbers. The reason I don't trade Ullmark, or Swayman is because they have the right attitude. A great attitude is the one thing you can't coach into a player. It is the one thing that brings everyone else up around them. You have a bad game, the rest of the team around you wants to play that much harder to make up for it. Organizational behavior has as much of an impact on professional sports as talent.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
As long as Essensa is the goaltending coach, I honestly believe we could trade for Jack Campbell and suddenly within 3 months he would be putting up Vezina caliber numbers. The reason I don't trade Ullmark, or Swayman is because they have the right attitude. A great attitude is the one thing you can't coach into a player. It is the one thing that brings everyone else up around them. You have a bad game, the rest of the team around you wants to play that much harder to make up for it. Organizational behavior has as much of an impact on professional sports as talent.
When Swayman goes in the HOF he will talk about how Linus was a big reason for this

They are best duo I’ve seen here includes back to 66-67

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
When Swayman goes in the HOF he will talk about how Linus was a big reason for this

They are best duo I’ve seen here includes back to 66-67
Their impact on the game will go far beyond the stat sheet. Their embrace at the end of the game has brought them attention. Their openness to talk about life, emotions, family, and love is going to impact a lot of young fans positively. That Ullmark piece last night was so well done. We are lucky to have them both. People have been complaining about minor hockey/sports culture for a long time. These two are going to play a big part in that culture shift. They embody what healthy competition looks like, what sport is meant to be, and honestly what everyone of us want to see our children grow into. Good, honest, and loving adults.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
That was awesome
I love how open he is about it. Being told it is ok to not be ok was the first thing I was told after my dad passed and it has been my mantra since. I am still trying to unpack my dad's alcoholism nearly 8 years later and I haven't even scratched the surface. That feeling of relief Linus talks about is very real.

Reactions: The National

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad