Player Discussion Linus Ullmark

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Haha I think Swayman has definitely out played him but it’s been 1 start it’s way too early to give up on Ullmark.

I’m assuming those who aren’t happy with Ullmark are those who wanna give Swayman a full #1 workload and don’t like the money they gave Ullmark.

That’s fair but I agree with easing Swayman in a bit, not sure we had to pay what we did for Ullmark. Would have preferred a cheaper short term veteran option but let’s see how things play out.

If you need to sign Rask when he’s healthy than something went horribly wrong.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I watched Youtube videos on this guy for 20 minutes after the signing and could see problems in lateral movement. I hope the Bruins know what they're doing here.

In my ideal world, he's at least the 0.915 guy he's been in Buffalo. Rask comes back and looks good, and then the Bruins deal him in the offseason.

If he can be decent he'll have value even with the NTC, because the free agent goalie market next summer is horrid.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I watched Youtube videos on this guy for 20 minutes after the signing and could see problems in lateral movement. I hope the Bruins know what they're doing here.

In my ideal world, he's at least the 0.915 guy he's been in Buffalo. Rask comes back and looks good, and then the Bruins deal him in the offseason.

If he can be decent he'll have value even with the NTC, because the free agent goalie market next summer is horrid.
He has a full NMC til 23-24.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I know.

If you listened to Sweeney earlier this year, they all know. They gave it to him so he could pick his destination if/when Rask comes back.
I haven’t heard Sweeney say that, my mistake. If he’s already agreed to that then that makes a little more sense but the contract still makes things a little less attractive to other teams imo.

Reactions: TCB

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I haven’t heard Sweeney say that, my mistake. If he’s already agreed to that then that makes a little more sense but the contract still makes things a little less attractive to other teams imo.

I think it depends on how it goes. If he has a decent year then 3x $5m is decent.

The list of available free agents next year is really bad: 2022 NHL Free Agents Tracker

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
yeah, the hate is because he was overpaid, not needed and adds a roadblock to Swayman

5/20 with a NMC for a goaltender that has barely even been average when you have a white hot elite prospect breaking in is a laughably stupid move. The right move for team construction and the cap would've been to bring a veteran back up in for under 3m a year and you put your eggs in the Swayman basket.

This is a move on the level of Beleskey/Hayes/Moore

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
yeah, the hate is because he was overpaid, not needed and adds a roadblock to Swayman

5/20 with a NMC for a goaltender that has barely even been average when you have a white hot elite prospect breaking in is a laughably stupid move. The right move for team construction and the cap would've been to bring a veteran back up in for under 3m a year and you put your eggs in the Swayman basket.

This is a move on the level of Beleskey/Hayes/Moore

worst case scenario they play him a lot because he’s paid so much and they fall short of the playoffs because of it.

I think he will be fine provided he plays no more than 35 games

I could be wrong: bruins are way better than Buffalo so he should automatically be better

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
yeah true but when a team like Colorado needs a goalie as bad as they did you wonder why they didn’t go to where the Bruins did. They literally would rather have dealt a 1st for an older guy
Think they needed more of a proven #1 workhorse. Boston has Swayman kicking down the door and Rask maybe coming back. Ullmark has what, 100 NHL games under his belt?

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
worst case scenario they play him a lot because he’s paid so much and they fall short of the playoffs because of it.

I think he will be fine provided he plays no more than 35 games

I could be wrong: bruins are way better than Buffalo so he should automatically be better
Most games in Buffalo no pressure to win. In Boston most games pressure to win. Huge difference with some guys.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Weird how a team who hasn’t had a good goalie in forever didn’t want him.

i would say that this was more ullmark not wanting to play for the sabres than the sabres
not wanting to sign him. tough choice. 4/20 with boston or about the same for a team
that hasn't made the playoffs since 'nam.

personally thought the contract was a little much for ullmark, but i do like him and
think he deserves at least 15-20 games before anyone starts taking a big steaming
dump on him. JMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad