Player Discussion Linus Ullmark

Demon Eyes

Nov 29, 2014
I think with Ullmark, Boston has been his therapy, he wasn't in a good state mentally when he left buffalo. He found a brother in swayman. He's emotionally attached to the Bruins. Certainly complicated things when Bussi shows talent.

Reactions: Alicat

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I think with Ullmark, Boston has been his therapy, he wasn't in a good state mentally when he left buffalo. He found a brother in swayman. He's emotionally attached to the Bruins. Certainly complicated things when Bussi shows talent.
I have a soft spot for guys that WANT to be here and show obvious pride in wearing a Bruins jersey. I can't help it.

Makes it very difficult for me to admit that I would move Ullmark. It's not that I would want to, but the money makes things difficult.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
People can be pissed at Ullmark but at the end of the day, he has a 16 team NTC on a contract given to him by the same guy who is attempting to trade him. Also Sweeney isnt going to give him away just to get rid of him. This team is very much competitive and Ullmark is a big part of that whether people like it or not.

I am not shocked he wasnt moved. But it doesnt mean he wont be.

Lastly, I know hes an RFA, but I would feel waaaay more comfortable with Swaymans contract being done before Ullmark is moved. Just putting that out there.
Anyone who is pissed at Linus is an ass.

and they better lock Sway up before letting Linus go.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The Cap unfortunately. I dont see the Bs going into next season with a 10 to 12M tandem.

Not if Swayman agrees to a bridge deal for less $ and then Ullmark takes less when he becomes UFA. Then Swayman gets his money. I can totally see those 2 doing this. Ullmark & Swayman are brothers without the genetics & rivalry, both would stop a bullet for the other. I've never seen anything like their relationship in pro sports and I've been watching for over 50 years.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Not if Swayman agrees to a bridge deal for less $ and then Ullmark takes less when he becomes UFA. Then Swayman gets his money. I can totally see those 2 doing this. Ullmark & Swayman are brothers without the genetics & rivalry, both would stop a bullet for the other. I've never seen anything like their relationship in pro sports and I've been watching for over 50 years.
I think it's slim, but I could see them saying how much are you willing to spend on a tandem and dividing that money amongst themselves. The thing is Boston would still need to weigh if they'd rather move Ullmark for an asset even if he'll sign for less to stay.

Reactions: BMC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

You got a better shot at hitting Mega Millions.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
You can't win if you don't play. Stranger things have happened.

There no way I see Sway signing a one year deal for peanuts to keep the tandem together. Bad business. One injury or one down season and he’s out literally millions.
(If he signs longer for peanuts he’s insane. His agent shouldquit and NHLPA should question his sanity.)
Then if he and his agent lost their minds on one year bridge both he and Linus become UFA after next season. The odds of both them signing yet again for less a bazillion to one. Plus the Bruins would be insane going into a scenario of losing both for nothing.

But thats me. My opinion.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
There no way I see Sway signing a one year deal for peanuts to keep the tandem together. Bad business. One injury or one down season and he’s out literally millions.
(If he signs longer for peanuts he’s insane. His agent shouldquit and NHLPA should question his sanity.)
Then if he and his agent lost their minds on one year bridge both he and Linus become UFA after next season. The odds of both them signing yet again for less a bazillion to one. Plus the Bruins would be insane going into a scenario of losing both for nothing.

He went to arbitration last time too rather than signing some team friendly deal.

Seems like the kind of guy who knows the system and what he's worth, like a good professional.

You can't win if you don't play. Stranger things have happened.
Better to work for a paycheck than wait on the lottery.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
He went to arbitration last time too, seems like the kind of guy who knows the system and what he's worth and isn't out to do any organization any favors. He's a professional

At the end of the day, especially for younger players, it’s a business. As it should be. Their financial future is on the line.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If Kings are the team I’m 99.99999% certain this was deal

LA receives
Linus Ullmark

Boston receives
Alex Lafferiere
1 or 2 Draft pick

Lock

• Wow
Reactions: Bodit9

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Hell there is nothing stopping Ullmark & Swayman (or having their agents) from going to management & saying- what needs to be done so we can remain a tandem?
Could happen

Ullmark doesn’t appear to got the memo ‘the pursuit of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness’ is now ‘life, liberty, and the pursuit of money’

he clearly wants to stay here for rest of career as of now

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
In regard to Ullmark TDL rumors I dont know if we will ever know real story or who made what contact when.
All most agree on its was ‘geographical’.
Ive seen speculation that it was LA, SJ and Colorado.
But who the hell knows.

I think it was NJ. Their deadline was really strange like the deal fell through and then they panicked and grabbed Allen.

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
Mike Felger commented on Ullmark using his ntc today. He kept saying “As long as Linus is happy” and “When did going to LA for a couple months become like going to Siberia?”. “I’m so glad he’s happy” :laugh:

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Ullmark saved the Bruins from an idiotic trade if they were going to get Pierre Luc Dubois. Of course, a moron like Felger wouldn't consider that, nor the fact that the guy negotiated a partial NTC and used it. And that the Bruins knowingly tried to trade him to a team on his no trade list.

If Felger really feels so strongly about it, I suggest he light himself on fire outside TD Garden. Otherwise, he's a phony and a coward.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Ullmark saved the Bruins from an idiotic trade if they were going to get Pierre Luc Dubois. Of course, a moron like Felger wouldn't consider that, nor the fact that the guy negotiated a partial NTC and used it. And that the Bruins knowingly tried to trade him to a team on his no trade list.

If Felger really feels so strongly about it, I suggest he light himself on fire outside TD Garden. Otherwise, he's a phony and a coward.
Well management agrees because they were actually the ones who liked the trade enough to try to make it happen.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
In regard to Ullmark TDL rumors I dont know if we will ever know real story or who made what contact when.
All most agree on its was ‘geographical’.
Ive seen speculation that it was LA, SJ and Colorado.
But who the hell knows.
How about Ottawa? Not sure of any truth to it, but saw it mentioned ullmark and Grz for chrychrun..... maybe he doesn't like the Canada idea ?....and they suck

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Linus is a cool dude.

1712148086021.png

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Yeah these players have worked their asses off, and made many sacrifices all their lives to leave money on the table that they have earned and worked for too please some fans " feel good" idea.......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad