Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
This is what it should be, Trust me.

Max-Drouin-Gally
Hudon-Chucky-Lehk
Dano-Pleky-Shaw
Byron-Mitch-Hemsk

See how beautifull that is... Wake up Clode, smell the roses, you need help puting lines together i've seen your work...Believe me.

Apr 28, 2010
Jaromir Jagr.

How I wish you were here.

Yup, that 45 year old dude. He'd come cheap and would make this team better.

Max Drouin Gally
Hudon Chuckie Jagr
Lehk Pleky Hemsky
Byron Danault Shaw

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
When Jerabek gets called up (whenever that is) and Schlemko returns

Pacioretty Drouin Gallagher
Galchenyuk Danault Shaw
Hudon Plekanec Lehkonen
Byron DLR Hemsky

Jerabek Weber
Alzner Petry
Mete Schlemko

Price

LOL at losing Beaulieu and Emelin to protect Benn and then he is out of top 6.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Pacioretty - Drouin - Chucky
Hudon - Plekanec - Lehkonen
Byron - Danault - Gallagher
Shaw - Mitchell/JDLR - Hemsky

This lineup is what Claud would put together if he wasn't such an idiot... Believe me.

I don't think we would like Chucky hemmed into his own zone playing his off wing. Gallagher is a good fit on the line with Drouin and Patches, provides grit.

Shaw does the same for Danault and Chucky.

Any team that has
Hudon-Plek-Lehkonen
Byron-DLR-Hemsky
as their bottom two lines is strong up front.

The D will be key. Schlemko will help.

Mete-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Schlemko-Benn

PP1
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Hemsky
Drouin-Weber

PP2
Lehkonen/Byron-Hudon/Plekanec-Shaw/Gallagher
Mete-Petry

PK1
Plekanec-Lehkonen
Benn-Weber

PK2
DLR-Danault
Alzner-Petry

Late-game protection (shelter: Drouin, Galchenyuk, Hudon)
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Byron-Danault-Shaw
Lehkonen-DLR-Hemsky
Benn-Weber
Alzner-Petry

Last 30 seconds protection (need two centers)
Danault-Plekanec-Gallagher
Alzner-Weber

Desperation Empty-net offence
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher-Shaw
Drouin-Weber

Reactions: livingod

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
I see the lineup evolving to this over the next few seasons, and I like it.

Pacioretty-Drouin-Gallagher
Lekhonen-Poehling-Galchenyuk
Byron-Danault-Shaw
Hudon-De la Rose-McCarron

Mete-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Jerabek-Juulsen

Price
Lindgren

If Poehling develops into a great second-line center, we are golden. I think we will need Ikonen to "succeed", and push McCarron out of the lineup. Ikonen could be very important for us as right-handed shot on the powerplay. Hopefully, he become that player for us.

Looks like things will fall into place without any miracle (e.g. being able to sign Tavares as free agent). Signing JT is still a dream though.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Patches - Drouin - Gallagher
Mete - Weber
Price

Doesn't matter what the rest of the lines are...Maybe Galchenyuk is worth a look over the course of the season to see if there is progress, otherwise we have just three third lines and marginal defensemen.

We're going to make the playoffs though

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Patches - Drouin - Gallagher
Mete - Weber
Price

Doesn't matter what the rest of the lines are...Maybe Galchenyuk is worth a look over the course of the season to see if there is progress, otherwise we have just three third lines and marginal defensemen.

We're going to make the playoffs though

It depends on a lot of different things, but I actually think our offensive depth could be good this year. If Plekanec can bounce back to 50pt form, the Hudon-Plekanec-Lehkonen could be a great line.

Not to mention Galchenyuk-Danault-Shaw seem to be coming into their own.

I really like the 4-1 PP format we saw last night, I haven't seen that much skill on a Habs PP in about 10 years... Believe me

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
I see a lot of posters suggesting AG on the RW. How much has that actually happened 5 on 5 in the last 6 years?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I really liked the lineup last night.

Pacioretty-Drouin-Gallagher is a legit first line
Galchenyuk-Danault-Shaw is a solid second line
Hudon-Plekanec-Lekhonen is a good 3rd line that can play both ends
Byron-De La Rose/Mitchell-Hemsky is good depth for the 4th line (Byron will play in different roles at times I'm sure)

The defense remains the biggest question mark but we do have one of the best in net, so that helps.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Mete is not only a rookie, he has never played a regular season game in the NHL or the minors.

He is small.

Whoever plays with Weber will have most of the play coming to him. Not saying he will play with Weber, but aside from possibly Jerabek , Mete is the only one with the skill set to compliment Weber that we have.

Having said all of that, aside from another year to increase strength and stamina, which is not a little thing mind you, I cannot see how Mete will benefit being returned to juniors. This is the most important question.

Can we benefit having Mete on the roster? I think yes.

To address the wearing down issue , as suggested elsewhere, just play him at ES. Also, we have countless depth D, sit him out every now and then so he is not worn out for the post season.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Patches - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Galchenyuk - Lekhonen
Hudon - Shaw - Byron
De La Rose - Plekanec - Hemsky
Mitchell

Mete for 10 games max, then a Poodle will do - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Benn - Poodle #2
Poodle #3, Poodle #4

Price
Montoya

Plekanec on the 4th so he's not gassed come season end.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Alzner and Schlemko cost more than Emelin and Beaulieu.

Alzner is going to be better then Emelin, I have no doubt. Emelin was taking out of position too often to deliver bone crushing hits while Alzner is thinking defence first. I would still take Beaulieu over Schlemko hands down tho.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
that was about cap space and performance relative to cap hit. The only thing was he didn't actually use that space on Markov or Radulov.
Beaulieu's performance relative to cap hit was better than any of his summer acquisitions on defense.

Reactions: vokiel

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Alzner is going to be better then Emelin, I have no doubt. Emelin was taking out of position too often to deliver bone crushing hits while Alzner is thinking defence first. I would still take Beaulieu over Schlemko hands down tho.

Alzer was always a better d-man than Emelin, no doubt. Will he be this season still? I'm starting to worry. He looks extremely slow (the guy is 10 years younger than Markov and almost as slow at times, not to mention not even in the same realm offensively) and has been caught flat footed and / or out of position quite a few times in the pre season. Funny you mention Emelin being out of position trying to deliver bone crushing hits, he was actually the best in the league at lining up hits without putting himself way out of position. That was the only thing he was good at. The rest of his defensive play however, not so great :laugh:

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
How many games had Drouin played center in the NHL? Zero!

Its actually 3 games, but if we're willing to play Drouin in a spot he never really played at the pro level, we should be just as open to try Galchenyuk on RW, where he's actually played quite alot of minutes with a man up.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
How many games had Drouin played center in the NHL? Zero!

Its actually 3 games, but if we're willing to play Drouin in a spot he never really played at the pro level, we should be just as open to try Galchenyuk on RW, where he's actually played quite alot of minutes with a man up.
Standing still on the PP ready to one time a puck is not what I would call playing on the RW!

Reactions: TheBlindFan

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
If you want anything better than 2 2nd rounders or a 2nd rounder and a reclamation project for AG, you have to play him on your top 6 and have him perform. It's not complicated. At this point, I don't think it matters which wing it is, if he's not centering.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad