Mitchell - Shaw - McCaron

Alzner - Subban
Markov - Petry
Mete - Emelin

Reactions: Andrei79

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think Bergevin feels the pressure. The team won't be given much time to gel.

I would like to see him make room on the roster for a call-up. Waive Mitchell or trade him to Dallas for nothing.

Call up Mc Carron. Send Davidson down, or let him go to waivers too. Bring up Jerabek.

Patches-Drouin-Lehkonen
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher (switch LW/C as needed)
Byron-Danault-Shaw (shutdown)
Hudon-McCarron-Hemsky/DelaRose
First injury brings up Scherbak or Carr building on chemistry developed.

Mete-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Schlemko-Jerabek

With Benn and Morrow in reserve.

Younger and hungrier.

Apr 28, 2010
Pacioretty - Drouin - Lehkonen
Hudon - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Byron - Danault - Gallagher

Alzner - Subban
Markov - Petry
Mete - Emelin

I don't think the team can afford that defense. Need one of Alzner/Emelin out.

But I'd put Mete with Subban though. The kid can defend and can play against speedy forwards. Really proved it tonight.

I would also try Hudon with Drouin. Both got hands. Drouin could help Hudon gets some points.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Davidson is turning into fine NHL defenseman. Benn on other hand...just cannot handle the puck. Its like other team is dumping in to his corner and getting on him quick. Knowing high chance of probability he will turn it over.

Benn looked great after trade but like different player this year. Weaver did same thing...looked like a steal first 2 months after trade then fell apart. Petry did also to a lesser degree.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Davidson is turning into fine NHL defenseman. Benn on other hand...just cannot handle the puck. Its like other team is dumping in to his corner and getting on him quick. Knowing high chance of probability he will turn it over.

Benn looked great after trade but like different player this year. Weaver did same thing...looked like a steal first 2 months after trade then fell apart. Petry did also to a lesser degree.

I don't think davidson is that good yet. He let Mathews walk in too close on the leafs' first goal, then shortly after let Nylander walk right around him and took a penalty to stop from scoring when he was alone in front of Price. Hopefully he can get it together.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Pacioretty - Drouin - Lehkonen
Hudon - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Byron - Danault - Gallagher

Alzner - Subban
Markov - Petry
Mete - Emelin

You've posted this on two different threads now. Idk if you are ignoring the cap intentionally or what but that team is not and was not ever a possibility.

I would like to see Patches - Drouin - Galchenyuk some more, or at least let Galchenyuk center the second line.

Defense is unfixable imo unless Alzner and Benn seriously pick up their game, or we make a trade.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
The only way this team can be decent offensively is if you put Chuck as the 2line center, Danault is a 3line center at best and Pleck is completely washed up and should be on the 4th.

Pax-Drouin-Byron
Hudon-Chuck-Lehk
Shaw-Dano-Gallagher
Dlr-Plek-Mitchell

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
The only way this team can be decent offensively is if you put Chuck as the 2line center, Danault is a 3line center at best and Pleck is completely washed up and should be on the 4th.

Pax-Drouin-Byron
Hudon-Chuck-Lehk
Shaw-Dano-Gallagher
Dlr-Plek-Mitchell

I agree. The only way for us to have a good offense, is to have the 6 best forwards in the top six. The other two lines will be good enough to hold it down defensively and chip in some offense here and there. Danault, Mitchell and Plekanec are not top six centers. We have to live and die with Chucky at center, otherwise our offense is dead.
And, the best six offensive players are Pacioretty, Drouin, Galchenyuk, Byron, Lehkonen, and Hudon.

Our two best shooters are clearly Pacioretty and Galchenyuk. Our two best playmakers imo are Drouin and Hudon. Lehkonen and Byron are good at retrieving lose pucks. Lehkonen could lose his spot in the top six to Gallagher if he doesn't pick it up. Byron has been great and deserves time there.

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Pacioretty-Drouin-Gallagher
Byron-Galchenyuk-Lehkonen
Danault-Plekanec-Shaw
Hudon-McCarron-Sherbak
JDLR, Mitchell

Mete-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Schlemko-Davidson
Benn

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Patches.....Drouin.....Chucky
Hudon.......Pleks........Lehkonen
Byron.........Danault...Gallagher
Shaw/Mitchell......DLR.....Hemsky/Shaw

Patches needs a playmaker to open space for him, Drouin is best we have.

Chucky at least needs to be top 6 and RW.

Hemsky looks like another 50 cent lotto ticket that came up empty. Bring up a young guy.

Jerabek needs to be brought up and tried with Weber. Dunno, just don't think MB stole a top pair D in Schlemko.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Shake it up!

Hudon - Drouin - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Hemsky
Byron - Plekanec - Lehkonen
Mitchell - Shaw - Scherbak

Mete - Weber
Schlemko - Petry
Alzner - Davidson/Benn

CAR3YPR1CE

Aug 11, 2016
Waive/Trade Hemsky, Morrow & Davidson
Call up Deslauriers, Scherbak, Lernout & Jerabek
Send Mete to Junior

Pacioretty - Danault - Drouin
Hudon - Plekanec - Lehkonen
Byron - Shaw - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - delaRose - Scherbak
Deslauriers - Mitchell

Jerabek - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Lernout
Benn

ak90210

Sep 18, 2011
It's really hard to make a decent lineup of our d but I've been thinking about it and I would probably go with this.

67 14 92
62 27 54
41 24 11
whatever

26 6 - we need Petry to not be terrible hopefully this can help him out
21 53 - Benn and Alzner are both really bad so I guess hope this works
8 22 - not great

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Patches.....Drouin.....Chucky
Hudon.......Pleks........Lehkonen
Byron.........Danault...Gallagher
Shaw/Mitchell......DLR.....Hemsky/Shaw

Patches needs a playmaker to open space for him, Drouin is best we have.

Chucky at least needs to be top 6 and RW.

Hemsky looks like another 50 cent lotto ticket that came up empty. Bring up a young guy.

Jerabek needs to be brought up and tried with Weber. Dunno, just don't think MB stole a top pair D in Schlemko.

Fiddy Cent? That makes Semin the 2$ lotto ticket look good now.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Galchenyuk - Drouin - Lehkonen
Would rather Galchenyuk on the RW, but I doubt they put him there over Lehkonen if they are in the same line.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Pacioretty hasn't produced with Drouin so we should try him with another center instead. This line was our top line a few years ago, and they had chemistry.

Hudon - Danault - Byron
Byron over Shaw since he's been better so far and has probably been one of our better forwards in creating scoring chances.

Shaw - Mitchell/De la rose - Hemsky

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
I'd try this line up as a shake up

Byron-Drouin- Galchenyuk
Pacioretty-Danault-Gallagher
Hudon-Plekanec-Lehkonen
Mitchell-DeLaRose-Shaw

Not a fan of AG lately but we need to try something and seperate Patches and JD. I think they could possibly work well together and Byron would bring in some nice speed and puck retrieval on the wing for them. Patches had success with Danault last year. Worth it to try it again.

That 3rd line was doing well to atart the season- so id go back to it.

Shaw is a waste any higher in the lineup at this point. Give him some PK time and thats it.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I'd try this line up as a shake up

Byron-Drouin- Galchenyuk
Pacioretty-Danault-Gallagher
Hudon-Plekanec-Lehkonen
Mitchell-DeLaRose-Shaw

I like this shakeup. If Galchnyuk isn't a center this is basically what I'd with. But, in order for us to have some semblance of an offense, we need two offensive lines. It's too easy for teams to lock down one. Our 6 best offensive players should be on the top two lines. That doesn't include Danault, although he can hold down a very good 3rd line.

Pacioretty Drouin Lehkonen
Byron Glachenyuk Hudon
Shaw Danault Gallagher
Mitchel Plekanec De La Rose

The reality is: this forward corps is ugly no matter how you slice it. Not enough offense.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hudon - Drouin - Galchenyuk
(Hudon & Drouin played on a line together at WJC. All 3 are very skilled players)

Byron - Danault - Shaw
(These 3 have looked good any time they've been used together)

Carr - De La Rose - Mitchell
(Call up Carr from Laval. He can add some energy and Mitchell over Hemsky for me).

Edit: just realized I didn't include Lehkonen. So basically, trade Pacioretty and put Lehkonen next to Gallagher and Plekanec.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You can put your toothpaste, your hamburgers, your zucchini, your tomatoes and your eel grass in a blender.

It's still gonna come out tasting like shit

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Lehkonen - Drouin - Galchenyuk
Byron - Danault - Shaw
Hudon - DLR - Hemsky

Enough of Pacioretty - Drouin already... it's clear that it doesn't work. I don't give a shit about their summer bromance.

Reactions: Tuggy

mikeysvette

Go Seadogs!
Mar 31, 2011
Saint John
Hudon - Drouin - Galchenyuk
(Hudon & Drouin played on a line together at WJC. All 3 are very skilled players)

Byron - Danault - Shaw
(These 3 have looked good any time they've been used together)

Carr - De La Rose - Mitchell
(Call up Carr from Laval. He can add some energy and Mitchell over Hemsky for me).

Edit: just realized I didn't include Lehkonen. So basically, trade Pacioretty and put Lehkonen next to Gallagher and Plekanec.

Lek?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad