Line Combos: Lineup 2017-2018 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I feel like Pacioretty is gonna do his thing regardless of what center he plays with so I find his talents a bit wasted playing with Drouin. I’d rather see:

Lehkonen - Drouin - Galchenyuk
Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher
Hudon - Plekanec - Shaw
Byron - De La Rose - Hemsky

I presume you're a Habs fan, but the thing is that the opposing coaches would LOVE to see this lineup too!

If you're thinking that this lineup will maximize scoring chances when the first line is on the ice, you are probably right - but more so for the Habs' opponent than for the Habs. Galchenyuk on his off-wing in his own zone will be very, very weak at getting the puck out of the zone with possession. Now give him a centreman who is below average defensively, and we have a situation where the bulk of their shift may be spent in their own zone chasing pucks and losing battles.

I believe that the same goes for Drouin by the way, he should play either C or LW.

So for now, they are trying Drouin at 1C and Galchenyuk at 2LW. If this does not work out and Drouin struggles, then I would switch the two players and maybe switch Shaw and Lehkonen too.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I want to see Galchenyuk at center even if you don't have confidence in him.

I'd be really comfortable with a line-up like that.

Pacioretty Drouin Gallagher
Lekhonen Plekanec Hudon
Byron Danault Shaw
Delarose/Mitchell Galchenyuk Hemsky

I'm ok with Galchenyuk at C, but then Drouin has to go to the wing.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Drouin-Danault-Lehkonen
Hudon-Plekanec-Shaw
Byron-DeLaRose-Hemsky

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
My point would be more to give him his confidence back for a few game. Plus he'd actually play with player with offensive upside.

I'd rather have him as a fourth line center than at wing with Danault and Shaw. The makeup of that line is wrong plus Danault and Byron have proven chemistry.

With Galch on the fourth line you could put him in a position where he already produced and that we need more. You can shelter him to the maximum to cover his lack of defensive capabilities and you could take your time with him regaining his confidence.

We're using our 4th line in a shutdown role.

DLR started all his shifts in the defensive zone last game.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Let’s see how terrible is our defence.

First game, we played against Sabres and scored 2 goals (1 SH goal). Next game, NYI, not a great team, managed to score 6 goals against Sabres.

On Sat, we scored only 1 goal against Caps who allowed 5 goals to Sens.

Against NYR, we were blanked while TML scored 8 goals against them the previous night.

In total, we have scored 3 goals while other teams have scored a combined 19 goals against same teams that we have faced.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
The only team we won against is getting beat badly by the NY Devils.. Devils 6 Buffalo 1 after 2..

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
The lines and pairings id like to see :

Drouin - Galchenyuk - Lehkonen
Hudon - Plekanec - Byron
Hemsky - De la Rose - Shaw

Mete - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Jerabek - Benn

dm1371

May 29, 2010
Chicoutimi, QC
Pacioretty - Drouin - Lehkonen
Hudon - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Byron - Danault - Shaw
DLR - Plekanec - Hemsky

Mete - Weber
Jerabek - Petry
Alzner - Schlemko
Benn

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Pacioretty - Drouin - Lehkonen
Hudon - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Byron - Danault - Shaw
DLR - Plekanec - Hemsky

Mete - Weber
Jerabek - Petry
Alzner - Schlemko
Benn

Where did everybody go? Can't send Davidson, Streit and Morrow to the minors, too many vets there already.

I'd like to see:

Pacman-Drouin-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Galchenyuk
Byron-Danault-Shaw
Hudon-McCarron-Hemsky/DLR

Mitchell traded (he is not Julien's guy, Froese is just as good).

Mete-Weber
Schlemko-Petry
Alzner-Benn
Davidson, Streit

Mete has 9 games to get results. If this season looks tumultuous, it would be wise to keep that extra year of contract, allow him to lead on Team Canada's junior team, and promote Jerabek in his place.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Where did everybody go? Can't send Davidson, Streit and Morrow to the minors, too many vets there already.

Mete has 9 games to get results. If this season looks tumultuous, it would be wise to keep that extra year of contract, allow him to lead on Team Canada's junior team, and promote Jerabek in his place.

Davidson can be #8, and Morrow in Laval instead of Jerabek actually DECREASES the number of vets in Laval and eliminates the need to sit one per game. Streit would be mutually released so that he can play in Europe.

If Mete continues to play as he has up to now, which is our second or third best defenceman, then he should stay no matter what for 39 games. At that point a decision would have to be made about whether to continue and have him attain free agency at age 26 instead of 27. But honestly, the way good RFAs are paid now on their second or third contracts, it may not make much of a difference and Mete's contribution should trump cap decisions for 2024-25.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
May I suggest:

Patches Chucky Gally - This worked well for end of 2 seasons ago and beginning of last before injuries.
Hudon Drouin Lehkonen - Drouin and Hudon had chemistry when they played in the Russia series in junior.
Byron Plex Shaw - Great 3rd line shut down line with some offence
Danault DLR Hemsky - Speed, defence and some offence.

All 4 lines can score with the top 2 having significant fire power and talent that's more concentrated.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
If they loose tonigh,i would like to see:

Galchy-Drouin-Lek
Pacc-Danault-Gally
Hudon-Plek-Byron
Deslauriers-Mitchel-Shaw

Jerabek-Weber
Mete-Petry
Alzner-Benn/Davidson

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Drouin - Galchenyuk - Shaw
Hudon - Danault - Lehkonen
Byron - Mitchell - DLR

Last edited:

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
:shakehead:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171011-113055.png
    Screenshot_20171011-113055.png
    465.5 KB · Views: 11

TouzY

Dec 1, 2014
Quebec
Did anyone watch the game last night ? Hudon was filthy GOOD last night, why not try him and his filthy hands with Drouin and Patch

Patch-Drouin-Hudon
Chucky-Plek-Lekh
Byron-Danault-Gally
The rest of the no heart trash..

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
My line-up to shake things up.

Patch / Danault / Byron
Galchenyuk / Drouin / Lehkonen
Hudon / Pleky / Gallagher
DLR / Shaw / Mitchell
Hemsky

Mete / Weber
Davidson / Petry
Alzner / Benn
Streit

Price
Lindgren

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2009
éal
I am 100% sure Byron - Danault - Shaw would work so well. It has everything : speed, a little bit of size, some skills ... would be so good on the forecheck.

I like Galchenyuk with Hemsky. Screw the fact that it's technically the 4th line, we roll four lines and give Galchenyuk plenty of PP ice time.

Pacioretty Drouin Lehkonen
Hudon Plekanec Gallagher
Galchenyuk Mitchell Hemsky
Byron Danault Shaw

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
The sooner people realize Plekanec is done as a top minute getter, the better. He's a bottom 6 center at this point, used for defensive assignments and the PK, at most, same as Danault, who I wouldn't mind as his winger. Actually, you could put Danault, Plekanec and Shaw together and have a decent enough third line.

Another problem is I feel Byron, Hudon and Gallagher all deserve top 9 minutes, making the option of having either one of Plekanec or Danault as fourth line center the better alternative.

Pacioretty-Drouin-Lehkonen
Byron-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Hudon-Danault-Shaw
De La Rose-Plekanec-Mitchel

Yeah, that second line isn't good defensively, but that's a problem created by having too many wingers in the wrong spots and having centers lacking top 6 abilities like Danault/Plekanec as your only options.

Had MB signed Radulov, it would've bumped Shaw on the fourth and we could've had a lineup with actual offensive firepower. Add Markov/Beaulieu/Subban and you even have great puck movement.

f*** you Bergy.

Reactions: Justin11

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I hope they try this before trading Chucky :

Pacioretty - Drouin - Gallagher
Hudon - Galchenyuk - Lekhonen
Byron - Danault - Shaw
DLR/Mitchell - Plekanec - Hemsky

Mete - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Jerabek - Schlemko

Mattyb

May 18, 2009
This Team again cant score, but they have a top three goalie in the world. Let Price clean up
the mistakes. Winning games 1-0 or 2-1 is working so lets try and win some games 3-2 or 4-3.

Load your top two lines up with your best offensive options and see what we can do.

Playing "defensive hockey" doesn't seem to be working

Lekhonen - Drouin - Gallagher (shooter - Passer - Shooter)
Pacioretty- Galchenyuk - Sherbeck (shooter -shooter- passer)
Hudon - Danault - Byron (Fast defensive line with off upside)
Mitchell- Plekanec - Shaw (grinder line/ defensive zone)
DLR
(Hemsky Waviers)

Mete - Weber (puck mover - Defensive)
Alzner - Petry (defensive - puck mover)
Morrow - Schlemko (puck mover - Defensive)
Benn/Davidson
(Streit Waivers)

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
What needs to be done and NOW.

its easy, plain and simple and i will explain you why.

The organisation, Pacioretty and Drouin are trying to create a chemistry that isnt currently there on the ice and i doubt will ever be.

Drouin is currently a LH Center, Pacioretty is a LH winger who's only good on the counter-rush. dont get me wrong pacioretty is good at what he does, but saying he's more than a two-way complimentary winger is wrong. The facts that Patch is only good on the counter-rush, is a LH winger that doesnt play offwing already takes off a shit ton of playmaking opportunity for Drouin.

The habs needs to realise this and start making actual line that matches their playstyle. my thoughts and my explination for the top 6

Hudon - Drouin - Galchenyuk
Pacioretty - Danault - X

X: Gallagher, Lehkonen.

First line:
3 guys who can generate offense on their own, 3 guys who can shoot the puck, 3 guys who can pass the puck, 2 guys who can battle in the corner and create turnovers. 3 guys with more than a gear who likes to slow down the play searching for each other. Drouin having an elite shooter on the right side offwing.

Second line: easy to explain, all these guys have 1 gear, gas pedal, Counter-rush only, dump the puck and work hard. thats where they are the most efficient. Danault and pacioretty already had a decent chemistry as danault dumps it in the left corner battle for the puck, pacioretty waits at tho top left circle as lehkonen or gallagher works in front of the net or behind the net! i'd prefer lehkonen to gallagher just for his speed and better shot!

ericd

Feb 20, 2007
Byron - Plekanec - Shaw
Galchenyuk - Drouin - Lehkonen
Hudon - Mitchell - Hemsky

Alzner - Weber
Schlemko - Petry
Davidson - Benn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad