Line Combos: Lines this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Galchenyuk and Pacioretty. They are on our Top 2 lines.

We need secondary scoring. The AHL callups have been useless. Andrighetto and Thomas are not NHL material and need to be packaged and unloaded.

I get the love people have for Eller on every single thread. However, he is not scoring. Sekac is not scoring. Prust, sad to say, is the only one generating any points and its not enough to get excited about.

Lars needs to wake up in the role that is his at the present moment.

It's not that Eller isn't scoring, it's that pretty much the whole team outside Max-Plek arent't

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I'm not saying Desharnais is better then Eller or vice versa but what I am saying is Desharnais gets every benefit of the doubt from media to coach to fans where Eller has been crucified! In my opinion Eller is a perfect third line C. Desharnais can't play that role, he's just not built for it. fact is both Galchenyuk and Plekanec are far superior to Desharnais! Why is he still around?

Because he is a fair middle six player, and unless we are willing to unbalance the team by putting Galchenyuk on the first line with Pacioretty, we don't have a better option yet. It's not deLaRose, not Hudon, not Prust, not Dumont nor Bournival. We can flip Eller and DD around at times, but DD ends up still playing in our Top 9.

Galchenyuk is versatile and can play LW or C, depending on our needs. Right now, we are short of wingers more than centers. Gallagher and Sekac should not be our 2nd and 3rd best wingers. Keeping Alex Galchenyuk at the position at which he starred in Junior bumps Gallagher to #3 and Sekac to #4.

Meanwhile, Plekanec has clearly proven he is our best center at both ends of the ice, so Eller and Desharnais can fight it out for ice time, as far as I am concerned.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Galchenyuk and Pacioretty. They are on our Top 2 lines.

We need secondary scoring. The AHL callups have been useless. Andrighetto and Thomas are not NHL material and need to be packaged and unloaded.

I get the love people have for Eller on every single thread. However, he is not scoring. Sekac is not scoring. Prust, sad to say, is the only one generating any points and its not enough to get excited about.

Lars needs to wake up in the role that is his at the present moment.
I'm so sad you like Desharnais. You ALMOST push me the other way because the rest of your opinions are so ridiculous.

Andrighetto is useless and not NHL material? When he was given a chance, he looked good. When he was bumped down to a position he should never be in, he did nothing. But he didn't look horrible either. And he's 21-years-old!!

What, if you don't make the NHL at 20, you're a bust? Is that the new thing?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Given our current roster, i'd like to see

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Missing piece (Parenteau :dunno:)

Sekac - Plekanec - Andrighetto

Desharnais - Eller - Gallagher

Prust - Bournival - Weise

Pretty strong lines imo, compared to Therrien's current line :cry:.

We have a skilled first line, a high octane second line and high energy fourth line.
I find Bournival and Weise played well together and Bournival scored 2 goals against the Devils when they played together.

Only left is the third line wich is the weakest link and needs improvement.

DD, Eller and Gally are all third liners and should be on a third line.

We need to get rid of Desharnais and Malhotra and maybe Parenteau.

They are the weakest links and currently holding us down.

A top 6 RW will make a huge difference, addition by subtraction (Desharnais) :naughty:.

My 2 cents :)
You honestly believe if we just took Desharnais and trade him for a 4th rounder.. we'd be a better team? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We already can't score. He's not the King's crop, but he's definitely got some offense in him. "Oh Eller can replace him." Okay, but now who replaces Eller's points? :biglaugh:

Building a team 101, folks!

Masuli

May 8, 2013
Turku, Finland
You honestly believe if we just took Desharnais and trade him for a 4th rounder.. we'd be a better team? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We already can't score. He's not the King's crop, but he's definitely got some offense in him. "Oh Eller can replace him." Okay, but now who replaces Eller's points? :biglaugh:

Well if you take away Therriens favorite toy you force him to do something new no? :D

smirob

Jun 2, 2014

I'm glad your laughing because that post is obviously a joke.

-Plekanec is our best centre currently. Should be on the top line with Patches.
-Galchenyuk is our best centre for the long term, provided he gets to play there. HE shouldn't be anything less than our 2nd line centre.
-Eller is a great 3rd line centre, 2-way, has size. Has better FO%, back-checks, and has similar stats even strength to Desharnais.

And now: Desharnais is our 'top line centre' and Galchenyuk has been moved back to the wing, even after looking great IMO.

It is blatantly obvious that Therrien has severe favoritism towards Desharnais, (and now Weise as well). DD gets unwarranted PP time, offensive zone starts and gets promoted after getting some points against the bottom feeders in the league (in losing efforts).

Now our RW depth isn't great, thus why Weise is on the top line. But we do have good depth at centre, so why put a #3 centre on the top line?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I'm not saying Desharnais is better then Eller or vice versa but what I am saying is Desharnais gets every benefit of the doubt from media to coach to fans where Eller has been crucified! In my opinion Eller is a perfect third line C. Desharnais can't play that role, he's just not built for it. fact is both Galchenyuk and Plekanec are far superior to Desharnais! Why is he still around?

You must live in some kind of parallel universe.

Eller has no points in like 15 games, but on this board all we hear is that he is great and Desharnais sucks.

If anybody can't catch a break it's Desharnais.

Why would he NOT be around? the Habs definitely don't have 6 better top 6 forwards. They have 3 at best.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014

Eller has no points in like 15 games, but on this board all we hear is that he is great and Desharnais sucks.

Why would he NOT be around? the Habs definitely don't have 6 better top 6 forwards. They have 3 at best.

Really???? Hes a third line centre playing on the top line, with PP time...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

-Galchenyuk is our best centre for the long term, provided he gets to play there. HE shouldn't be anything less than our 2nd line centre.
-Eller is a great 3rd line centre, 2-way, has size. Has better FO%, back-checks, and has similar stats even strength to Desharnais.

And now: Desharnais is our 'top line centre' and Galchenyuk has been moved back to the wing, even after looking great IMO.

It is blatantly obvious that Therrien has severe favoritism towards Desharnais, (and now Weise as well). DD gets unwarranted PP time, offensive zone starts and gets promoted after getting some points against the bottom feeders in the league (in losing efforts).

Now our RW depth isn't great, thus why Weise is on the top line. But we do have good depth at centre, so why put a #3 centre on the top line?

Where is it written that your top LW has to play with your top center? Look around the NHL, it's pretty clear that it not how it automatically works.

Coaches use combos that work together, Desharnias and Pacioretty have always had chemistry and Galchenyuk has had pretty good chemistry with Plekanec. Why is it so hard to grasp that those duos would play together?

Only in the bizzaro HF Boards world is playing guys who have chemistry together "favoritism". Funny we don't hear that Beaulieu is getting "favoritism" by playing with Gonchar ahead of Gilbert or Emelin but I guess it doesn't fit the warped agendas.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Maybe not against a 4th rounder......But against a good third liner.....

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Newsflash.....Eller has been French-Media scapegoat for the last 2 months and DD has been barely criticize despite his many huge slumps and got praises for no reasons at all.

Here, it's another story...but medias got 1000000X more influences than we do.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Where is it written that your top LW has to play with your top center? Look around the NHL, it's pretty clear that it not how it automatically works.

Coaches use combos that work together, Desharnias and Pacioretty have always had chemistry and Galchenyuk has had pretty good chemistry with Plekanec. Why is it so hard to grasp that those duos would play together?

Only in the bizzaro HF Boards world is playing guys who have chemistry together "favoritism". Funny we don't hear that Beaulieu is getting "favoritism" by playing with Gonchar ahead of Gilbert or Emelin but I guess it doesn't fit the warped agendas.

Ok so you don't see our first line of Pacioretty-Desharnais-Weise as one of the worst top lines in the NHL?

And it's not purely based on Weise either.
Plek and Pacioretty had chemistry as well...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Really???? Hes a third line centre playing on the top line, with PP time...

First of all he's not a 3rd line center. His stats the last 3+ years are as good as all but 2-3 #2 centers in the NHL...go look.

Plus, on the PP I'm sure the conversion % is better with him on the ice than Plekanec or anybody else. The Pp isn't great but he's the best passer they have.

With the current set up the lines are balanced so it's 1a and 1b not #1 and #2.

Sant

Dec 3, 2008
montreal

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

confirmed; you have to be a troll

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Ok so you don't see our first line of Pacioretty-Desharnais-Weise as one of the worst top lines in the NHL?

And it's not purely based on Weise either.
Plek and Pacioretty had chemistry as well...

I'm sure I could find quite a few worst ones if I looked through.

Again, it's about having 2 strong lines instead of only 1. balance.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

confirmed; you have to be a troll

Yes I HAVE to be, because it's not like this board has a Desharnais thread where all the "experts" weigh in on how he is small and sucks and belongs in the ECHL.

Maybe you should take your head out of whatever crevice you have it in...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Maybe not against a 4th rounder......But against a good third liner.....

Right...yeah that would be a huge upgrade

Because people are already complaining that Weise shouldn't be top 6, so you trade Desharnais and put Prust or Bournival top 6 because that would OBVIOUSLY be better.

:laugh:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

So then fire the damn coach instead of killing our depth!

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

DD can't catch a break? Seriously? The PP time.....all of his offensive zone starts, being matched with Max almost all the time....seriously...
The last time DD was our # 1 centre, we finished 3rd from the bottom and missed the playoffs...but yes he and Cole and Max had a good season...;)

Sant

Dec 3, 2008
montreal
Yes I HAVE to be, because it's not like this board has a Desharnais thread where all the "experts" weigh in on how he is small and sucks and belongs in the ECHL.

Maybe you should take your head out of whatever crevice you have it in...

i know which crevice you would like your head to be in and to whom that crevice belongs to ;)

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Can't catch a break, you mean when he was put back as a top 6 centre despite having only 2 points in 10 games? Can't catch a break despite always being at the top in PP time despite putting up 2 points in 10 games.:laugh:

All of DD's tenure under MT has been a break. There isn't a single player who gets more benefit of the doubt than DD. MT didn't even bat a single ****ing eyelash when he went 48 games without scoring a 5 on 5 goal. Even when he went into his 1 point in 19 game slump, he was benched but then returned right back next to Pacioretty. Breaks are abundant in his case.

Sant

Dec 3, 2008
montreal
Can't catch a break, you mean when he was put back as a top 6 centre despite having only 2 points in 10 games? Can't catch a break despite always being at the top in PP time despite putting up 2 points in 10 games.:laugh:

All of DD's tenure under MT has been a break. There isn't a single player who gets more benefit of the doubt that DD. MT didn't even bat a single ****ing eyelash when he went 48 games without scoring a 5 on 5 goal.

live is so hard pour notre petit DAWWVID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad