Line Combos: Lines this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masuli

May 8, 2013
Turku, Finland
The Sekac is Eller all over again. No production, no help to produce but demotion to spare parts. But let's keep Weise in tve 1st and insert streaking DD back to 1st C.

MT is a stubborn man who has favorites, DD and Weise, and nothing else matters.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Hilarious isn't it?

People blasting MT for having Weise on the 1st line instead of Jiri Sekac who has 1 goal in his last 20+ games.

This is too much. I mean, i'm not a huge MT fan, but this is pushing it.

You realize that's the same amount of goals that Dale weise has in a 19 game span before he got promoted to the top 6 right? The difference being that the majority of Weise's points before that are when he got to play alongside Pacioretty at various points in games.

If you can't see the skill discrepency between Weise and Sekac and the potential that has for more output with the latter in the former's current spot than there is 0 point in arguing with you. You're wrong, dude. There is no defense, you're wrong and laughably so.

This is just like the Perron discussion I had with you a month earlier, which you were totally wrong about as well, as he now has 7 goals in 13 games with the Pens because he got an opportunity to play with good players in a good system.

Nynja*

I feel like ive seen these lines before, and they didnt work then so why the **** would they work now?!!

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The difference is replacing Weise who is on pace for 30 points in top 6 role with a player who is on pace for 30 points in a bottom 6 role. If you can't see the difference, there isn't a conversation to be had,

This makes no sense on so many levels it's not even funny lol

what is this notion of pace?? At the pace that Sekac is on, he's going to score 1 more goal this year. Who cares about the pace that either player is on right now

Masuli

May 8, 2013
Turku, Finland
Seriously...are you blind? I think I've written about 5 times now that Jiri Sekac is way more talented than Dale Weise

It's just that, at least so far, Jiri Sekac's talent, has materialized into even scoring chances, never mind production.

The guys is going to have to figure out how to average more than the 1 shot on net per game than he's doing right now, to convince me that he's any kind of option to play on the top line right now.

Right now, the only reasonable hope I have to temporarily put a Band-Aid on the issue at RW is for Parenteau to come back and show something. (though I've got my doubts about that too)

Why can't his talent materialize in the 1st line? Why he can't be put into a situation he could materialize all the skill? Why he has to prove that he's fit for 1st but Weise just is. You sir baffle me with everything you write.

Sekac isn't the long time solution BUT he might help us in short term. But you don't know if you just think that trying that is irrelevant. And even if he ain't long term solution why wouldn't you ice the next best lines?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

what is this notion of pace?? At the pace that Sekac is on, he's going to score 1 more goal this year. Who cares about the pace that either player is on right now

:laugh:

Dude, you have no leg to stand on.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Not a joke.. he doesn't have a deep team. I don't like Therrien much either, but he moves stuff around because we can't score regardless where people are.

I don't hate the lines, except I'd move Sekac for Weise.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Sekac
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher

That's a fine Top-6 to try out for a few games, IMO. Not like we're scoring in bunches with what he had going.

Pacioretty and DD has not worked as a duo for quite some time. DD didn't have an ES goal in 54 games as our #1 centre. Galchenyuk is our #1 guy (maybe not right now, but that is what we drafted him to become). Why does Therrien keep baby-ing DD? The guy needs optimal conditions to produce and even then, doesn't produce like a top 6 player. DD needs to be put with Pacioretty, he needs to play on the PP, he needs to have favourable match ups...the list goes on. Desharnais is way too high maintenance for what he brings to this team. The way Therrien uses him is a detriment to this entire roster. Maybe if Desharnais is shutdown once again the playoffs, some fans will start to open their eyes.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Sekac's 1 goal in his last 20 games is not enough to have him replace Weise, but Weise's 3 goals in the last 32 games is a-ok for him to remain next to Pacioretty on the first line.

Seriously, I can't believe I even wasted my time arguing this stupidity.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
So to summarize:
Weise doesn't have to produce.
Sekac is better and talented.
Sekac is expected to produce.

And yet you prefer Weise in the 1st line?

That is some logic there.

- Weise doesn't have to produce? Where did I say this? I said I don't have any expectations for Weise in terms of production. He's never been an offensive player, I don't expect him to be, any production from Dale Weise is a bonus if you ask me. It's not his fault the coach has decided to play him on the 1st line, he gives it his all and squeezes out everything thing he can with his limited talent.

I can't knock a guy for that...

- Yes Sekac is more talented than Weise

- Yes I expect Sekac to produce more offense because of his talent. Right now, Sekac is playing a 3rd line role, which means he's not facing the oppositions top defensive pairings or even shut down line.

But never mind production, he's not generating anything. I want to see him do more than just skate around the perimeter and control the puck. I want to see him get way more shots on goal than he has.

- I don't prefer Weise on the 1st line...I understand why MT has him there. If MT next game decided to put Sekac there, I wouldn't have an issue with that either.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Trios du #CH: Pacioretty-DD-Weise, Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher, De La Rose-Eller-Thomas, Bournival-Malhotra/Dumont-Sekac

LOL Sekac on the 4th line. Weise is still on the 1st. Pacioretty and DD back together.

MT is a joke.

The day he's fired, we will celebrate.

Who cares about Weise/Sekac....MT coaching issues are far deeper than that.

The team is never ready to play, the breakout set-up is terrible, DD is being used like he's the go-to guy, new guys like Gilbert and PAP having their worst career years, basic tactical adjustments are missed on the regular like having 2C on the ice with 2 seconds left, the PP blew all year, i could go on all afternoon

HabsDieHard*

Uhh....

So you don't understand what "pace" means?

We should all be embarrassed for carrying on a discussion with you I think.

It's on us, not you.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You are making it not about Sekac and Weise, but that is the discussion at hand.

You've gone on, at length, about how Weise is a better fit than Sekac. As well as how he's more deserving of that spot in the line up.
Now if your entire argument had hinged around the need for improved RW depth, probably you don't get called out on this inconsistency right now. But the fact is that you sat there prattling on about all of the reasons why Weise is a better fit there than Sekac.

So either back up your argument, or admit you were talking out of your ass.

Not at all...I've gone on about why I think MT has Weise on the 1st line instead of Sekac. I understand his logic, he has no internal options. I don't think that Sekac is a clear cut better option than Weise just simply because he's more talented

My entire argument HAS hinged around the ned for improved RW depth...you guys are the one's who've been splitting heirs on Sekac being a better option than Weise

I don't have to back up anything...as evidenced by many of your posts, you can interpret what I write, any way you want.

I've said SEVERAL times...Weise or Sekac, doesn't matter to me, neither is the solution right now.

Masuli

May 8, 2013
Turku, Finland
- Weise doesn't have to produce? Where did I say this? I said I don't have any expectations for Weise in terms of production. He's never been an offensive player, I don't expect him to be, any production from Dale Weise is a bonus if you ask me. It's not his fault the coach has decided to play him on the 1st line, he gives it his all and squeezes out everything thing he can with his limited talent.

I can't knock a guy for that...

- Yes Sekac is more talented than Weise

- Yes I expect Sekac to produce more offense because of his talent. Right now, Sekac is playing a 3rd line role, which means he's not facing the oppositions top defensive pairings or even shut down line.

But never mind production, he's not generating anything. I want to see him do more than just skate around the perimeter and control the puck. I want to see him get way more shots on goal than he has.

- I don't prefer Weise on the 1st line...I understand why MT has him there. If MT next game decided to put Sekac there, I wouldn't have an issue with that either.

So if you don't expect Weise to produce but expect Sekac to do so why wouldn't you give him the chance to do so?

And if you don't care who plays in the first line why the hell are still talking? There is no need for you to defend MT for keeping Weise in the 1st if it's all the same for you.

This is like trying to teach evolution to religious people.

HabsDieHard*

Not only does Desharnais hold Pacioretty back offensively with his tentative play but by using Pacioretty wtih Desharnais they also make it so that the teams' big, fast, goal scoring 2 way winger has to be used in an offensively sheltered role.

It really is a double whammy of stupidity.

Nynja*

You know what, it doesnt matter what the lines are, as long as the team keeps playing stretch pass and dump and chase...it doesnt matter, because the root of the problem is da gameplan and not the lineup.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You realize that's the same amount of goals that Dale weise has in a 19 game span before he got promoted to the top 6 right? The difference being that the majority of Weise's points before that are when he got to play alongside Pacioretty at various points in games.

If you can't see the skill discrepency between Weise and Sekac and the potential that has for more output with the latter in the former's current spot than there is 0 point in arguing with you. You're wrong, dude. There is no defense, you're wrong and laughably so.

This is just like the Perron discussion I had with you a month earlier, which you were totally wrong about as well, as he now has 7 goals in 13 games with the Pens because he got an opportunity to play with good players in a good system.

WOW lol...are you serious right now?

As for Perron??? PFFFTTT!!!! again, I don't care about Perron's production. The Pens are STILL rumored to be looking for another top 6 player. They gave up a 1st round pick for David Perron

Nothing I've seen or of what you said has changed my opinion. Perron will score some goals, I mean, he's playing with the best player in the world. But he's a Band-Aid...not a long term solution.

David Perron?? pfffttt...please. The Pens are just as shallow as they were before that trade.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Sekac's 1 goal in his last 20 games is not enough to have him replace Weise, but Weise's 3 goals in the last 32 games is a-ok for him to remain next to Pacioretty on the first line.
Seriously, I can't believe I even wasted my time arguing this stupidity.

I've never said this...so you're arguing this stupidity, with yourself...

HabsDieHard*

You know what, it doesnt matter what the lines are, as long as the team keeps playing stretch pass and dump and chase...it doesnt matter, because the root of the problem is da gameplan and not the lineup.

I agree.

But playing your best forward with your 4th best center and a 4th line winger REALLY doesn't help the cause.

HabsDieHard*

I've never said this...so you're arguing this stupidity, with yourself...

Yeah you did your little fence sitting act so you could later argue you never said it.

Even better.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Uhh....

So you don't understand what "pace" means?

We should all be embarrassed for carrying on a discussion with you I think.

It's on us, not you.

Wrong...I thin it's completely irrelevant in this discussion. Who cares what pace Jiri Sekac and Dale Weise are on.

If any of you guys think either player is the problem or solution on this team, then I can't help you

Furthermore, no one has a gun to your head to carry on this discussion with me...it's a public forum, you choose to reply to whatever you want.

HabsDieHard*

I like watching hypocritical people who pick and choose facts to suit their own argument dig the hole deeper with every passing remark.

Fun way to pass the time while I'm making and eating breakfast in the morning.

LoL

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
So if you don't expect Weise to produce but expect Sekac to do so why wouldn't you give him the chance to do so?

Well i'm not the coach, so that's not my responsibility to do so. It's Sekac's responsibility to earn that opportunity though. And the coach doesn't feel that he has.

To me, and I think I've said this 100 times now, whether it's Weise or Sekac on the first line. They are Band-Aid solutions, that's why I find this entire Weise debate laughable.

I swear, you guys think the reason why this team is 25th in the NHL is goals is because Jiri Sekac is on the 3rd line and Dale Weise is on the 1st line...like that's completely ridiculous.

The issues offensively for the this team are much, much deeper.

And if you don't care who plays in the first line why the hell are still talking? There is no need for you to defend MT for keeping Weise in the 1st if it's all the same for you.

I'm not defending MT...I said I understand why he has Weise on the 1st line, he doesn't have many options, you guys think Sekac is a viable option, I don't.

I'm ok with that...are you?
This is like trying to teach evolution to religious people

Yeah...it's exactly like that, perfect analogy there :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad