Line Combos: Lines this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsDieHard*

LOL...since Sekac's 2 goal game on December 12th vs. the Kings...he has 1 goal in over 20 games since then

You guys serious right now? lol

You know...maybe Sekac will be a top 6 player one day, but right now, he's a player in a deep, deep slump. He's not the solution to the RW problem on the 1st line, not any more or any less than Weise is.

A player in a serious offensive slump?

Michel Therrien would NEVER promote a player like that to try to get him going hey?

:laugh:

It's always funny watching the Therrien apologists be as inconsistent and illogical as their little saviour Michel.

Yep, Sekac doesn't deserve a promotion because he has 1 goal in the last 20 games....but after a 2 point in 10 game stretch Desharnais totally deserved to be moved back to center and move back up the line up.

Wheeeeeeeeeeee, round and round the mulberry bush. The Therien apologists defend the weasel. Oh what a joke, they lose in the 1st round. Pop goes the delusion.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Trios du #CH: Pacioretty-DD-Weise, Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher, De La Rose-Eller-Thomas, Bournival-Malhotra/Dumont-Sekac

LOL Sekac on the 4th line. Weise is still on the 1st. Pacioretty and DD back together.

MT is a joke.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
Lol, he has 15 points in the NHL as a rookie.

He is on pace for 30 points.

Go and take a look at how many forwards in 2013/2014 had more than 30 points.

Then come back here and tell us more about how he can't "produce any shred of offence playing in a bottom 6 role"

So moving him to the 4th line and "replacing" him in the top 6 with players on pace for 30 points (PAP or Sekac) will help generate more offense?

LOL some logic...

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
To me...whether it's Weise or Sekac, it doesn't matter to me. It's splitting heirs as far as I'm concerned.

If you think it's splitting hairs then there is no conversation to be made. The players aren't comparable at all, and if you can't see that Sekac not only has more talent, but that his talent has more of a chance at giving the team more offense than Dale Weise's then it's worthless speaking to you man.

You're wrong and I leave it at that.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Sekac can't produce offense, but in his rookie season, he has almost as many points as Dale Weise's career high in a single season, despite playing almost exclusively in the bottom 6.

The large majority of Sekac's eye popping 15 points, were accumulated in in the first quarter of the season. He's been ice cold for weeks!

Again...MT can switch Sekac and Weise if he pleases, I don't think it's going to make a difference.

The answer to the Habs problem on right wing does not exist in the current edition of the team

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
So moving him to the 4th line and "replacing" him in the top 6 with players on pace for 30 points (PAP or Sekac) will help generate more offense?

LOL some logic...

The difference is replacing Weise who is on pace for 30 points in top 6 role with a player who is on pace for 30 points in a bottom 6 role. If you can't see the difference, there isn't a conversation to be had,

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
If you think it's splitting hairs then there is no conversation to be made. The players aren't comparable at all, and if you can't see that Sekac not only has more talent, but that his talent has more of a chance at giving the team more offense than Dale Weise's then it's worthless speaking to you man.

I second this.

He brings up Sekac 1 goal in 20 games, yet refuses to acknowledge DD going 52 games without an ES goal? And remained on the top line that whole time.

Someone who doesn't see the obvious skill drop from Weise to Sekac shouldn't be commenting on the line-up.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
the large majority of sekac's eye popping 15 points, were accumulated in in the first quarter of the season. He's been ice cold for weeks!

Again...mt can switch sekac and weise if he pleases, i don't think it's going to make a difference.

The answer to the habs problem on right wing does not exist in the current edition of the team

yet you defend desharnais while ignoring his regular cold spells?????

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
If people honestly believe Sekac is equivalent to Weise then you're just as bad as MT.

Even Bervegin knows the guy should be playing more. He had to trade Travis freaking Moen because our dumba$$ of a coach was playing a 4th line scrub over Sekac.

I'm not usually this irate but my dislike for MT is just growing by the day. This team can be legitimately good and were wasting games, weeks, seasons on a guy who belongs on RDS and shares common opinions with Gaston Therrien.

HabsDieHard*

Actually I haven't failed to grasp that at all...again, I've repeated SEVERAL times

To me...whether it's Weise or Sekac, it doesn't matter to me. It's splitting heirs as far as I'm concerned

Neither player is the answer to the problem on the 1st line.

That's what you don't understand...I find it laughable that you think replacing Dale Weise with Jiri Sekac is going to make any significant difference lol

Like the Habs have been sitting on a gold mine this whole year and didn't know it

Please lol:laugh:

And many of us find your deluded arrogance laughable as well.

There's no reason at all to believe Sekac couldn't produce more than Weise. He's produced better in a bottom 6 role in his rookie year at 22 than Weise ever did in his entire career playing in a bottom 6 role.

So we have a 22 year old rookie from Europe in a bottom 6 outproducing any pace Weise ever did in a similar role.

And yet it's "laughable" to think that Sekac, given the opportunity to play on a line with a guy like Pacioretty couldn't outproduce Weise?

What is that based on?

Just your own "eye test"?? :laugh:

There is actually every reason in the world to believe Sekac could produce Weise in a role next to him.

And this team, if they had Weise in a 4th line role, would have a solid 4th line that could bring a lot to the table.

No one is saying Sekac is the perfect fit on the wing with Pacioretty, but there is plenty of evidence to support him being a much better fit than Weise.

Stick your head in the sand and argue points people never made all you like, but your condescending arrogant attitude doesn't change the fact that there's not really any facts supporting your position.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You know, Weise wasn't producing in the bottom 6 either and only started when playing next to Pacioretty right?

I don't expect production from Weise in any role to be honest. He's not that kind of player, he never will be.

I do expect some production from Sekac though, ESPECIALLY in a reduced role on the 3rd line. But the guy has been ice cold for weeks, that's why I don't understand this swell movement for taking Weise off the first line and replacing him with Sekac.

Again, i'm going to repeat this because it seems you've glossed over it several times...

Sekac is way more talented than Dale Weise, i'm not an idiot.

But i'm waiting for that talent to materialize into more production. Even scoring chances, he's not generating anything right now that makes me think things would be different if he played with Pacioretty on the first line.

NEITHER player is the answer

its like exchanging 4 quarters for a 1 dollar at this point.

HabsDieHard*

I second this.

He brings up Sekac 1 goal in 20 games, yet refuses to acknowledge DD going 52 games without an ES goal? And remained on the top line that whole time.

Someone who doesn't see the obvious skill drop from Weise to Sekac shouldn't be commenting on the line-up.

It's so hilarious watching people pick and choose their way through these discussions. Contradicting themselves the entire way, yet pretending they don't realize it so they can "win" the argument.

And they all make hilariously condescending comments to try to distract away from that too.

"It's not that complicated"

And other like minded crap like that.

I guess they're just following their little buddies' lead though. Why expect anything different from Therrien apologists?

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
The difference is replacing Weise who is on pace for 30 points in top 6 role with a player who is on pace for 30 points in a bottom 6 role. If you can't see the difference, there isn't a conversation to be had,

He's talking about replacing DD.

For me, I have no issue with Weise if it help balancing the lineup and if he can adequately do his role on the "first" line. I'd still prefer Gally there if it could be worked out but Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher looks like a strong line if they gel.

HabsDieHard*

But i'm waiting for that talent to materialize into more production. Even scoring chances, he's not generating anything right now that makes me think things would be different if he played with Pacioretty on the first line.

#Therrienapologist

Masuli

May 8, 2013
Turku, Finland
I don't expect production from Weise in any role to be honest. He's not that kind of player, he never will be.

I do expect some production from Sekac though, ESPECIALLY in a reduced role on the 3rd line. But the guy has been ice cold for weeks, that's why I don't understand this swell movement for taking Weise off the first line and replacing him with Sekac.

Again, i'm going to repeat this because it seems you've glossed over it several times...

Sekac is way more talented than Dale Weise, i'm not an idiot.

NEITHER player is the answer

its like exchanging 4 quarters for a 1 dollar at this point.
So to summarize:
Weise doesn't have to produce.
Sekac is better and talented.
Sekac is expected to produce.

And yet you prefer Weise in the 1st line?

That is some logic there.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

The Habs should put Galchenyuk back at centre, because keeping him on the wing when his "replacement" is a 5 foot 7 28 year old who doesn't kill penalties and is on pace for 45 points is absolutely moronic

100% agreed here...it blows my mind that Alex Galchenyuk isn't playing at centre right now. He's the most talented offensive center on this team. It's really mind blasting to be honest.

2) In his rookie season at 22 years old, and without having played for a massive chunk of the season at even strength wtih the teams' best forward Sekac has 2 fewer points than Weise.

once more, this isn't about Weise vs. Sekac for me...the Habs need to go outside the organization to solve this problem. All I said is that I understand WHY MT is playing Weise on the 1st line.

People aren't talking here about the solution long term, they are talking about how illogical it is to use a 4th liner with Pacioretty. That there is a perfectly logical player to use in his place in Sekac just makes the conversation even more annoying

Well if we're not talking long term solution...then what difference does it make?

HabsDieHard*

He's talking about replacing DD.

For me, I have no issue with Weise if it help balancing the lineup and he if he can adequately do his role on the "first" line. I'd still prefer Gally there if it could be worked out but Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher looks like a strong line.

1) It doesn't help balance the line up

2) He can't adequately do his role on that line.

Every single advanced analytic shows that when Weise moves up the line up his play becomes detrimental to the team.

The shiny goal and assist totals are just fooling people.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You do know that Desharnais went about 52 games without an even strength goal right....yet you continue to support him...

If you want to bring up goal production as the lynch pin.

:shakehead

Show me where I've done this? Show me where I've championed the idea of Desharnais playing #1 center for the Habs

HabsDieHard*

100% agreed here...it blows my mind that Alex Galchenyuk isn't playing at centre right now. He's the most talented offensive center on this team. It's really mind blasting to be honest.

once more, this isn't about Weise vs. Sekac for me...the Habs need to go outside the organization to solve this problem. All I said is that I understand WHY MT is playing Weise on the 1st line.

Well if we're not talking long term solution...then what difference does it make?

You are making it not about Sekac and Weise, but that is the discussion at hand.

You've gone on, at length, about how Weise is a better fit than Sekac. As well as how he's more deserving of that spot in the line up.

Now if your entire argument had hinged around the need for improved RW depth, probably you don't get called out on this inconsistency right now. But the fact is that you sat there prattling on about all of the reasons why Weise is a better fit there than Sekac.

So either back up your argument, or admit you were talking out of your ass.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
A player in a serious offensive slump?

Michel Therrien would NEVER promote a player like that to try to get him going hey?

It's always funny watching the Therrien apologists be as inconsistent and illogical as their little saviour Michel.

Yep, Sekac doesn't deserve a promotion because he has 1 goal in the last 20 games....but after a 2 point in 10 game stretch Desharnais totally deserved to be moved back to center and move back up the line up.
Wheeeeeeeeeeee, round and round the mulberry bush. The Therien apologists defend the weasel. Oh what a joke, they lose in the 1st round. Pop goes the delusion.

LOL :laugh:

I've never said this...

And an MT apologist?

Dear Lord lol you guys are killing me lol

It's hilarious to watch you guys spin your wheels thinking that a few tweaks to the lines are going to make a significant difference.

Whether Sekac is on the 1st line, Weise on the 4th, Desharnais in the press box...this is STILL THE SAME TEAM THAT CAN'T SCORE GOALS!!!

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

LOL some logic...

Hilarious isn't it?

People blasting MT for having Weise on the 1st line instead of Jiri Sekac who has 1 goal in his last 20+ games.

This is too much. I mean, i'm not a huge MT fan, but this is pushing it.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Trios du #CH: Pacioretty-DD-Weise, Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher, De La Rose-Eller-Thomas, Bournival-Malhotra/Dumont-Sekac

LOL Sekac on the 4th line. Weise is still on the 1st. Pacioretty and DD back together.

MT is a joke.
Not a joke.. he doesn't have a deep team. I don't like Therrien much either, but he moves stuff around because we can't score regardless where people are.

I don't hate the lines, except I'd move Sekac for Weise.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Sekac
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher

That's a fine Top-6 to try out for a few games, IMO. Not like we're scoring in bunches with what he had going.

HabsDieHard*

I think it's hilarious people can't apprecaite the value that comes from playing on a line with an elite goal scoring winger in Pacioretty.

Yep, Weises' 18 points and Sekacs' 16 points are totally comparable.

#Therrienapologists

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Seriously...are you blind? I think I've written about 5 times now that Jiri Sekac is way more talented than Dale Weise

It's just that, at least so far, Jiri Sekac's talent, has materialized into even scoring chances, never mind production.

The guys is going to have to figure out how to average more than the 1 shot on net per game than he's doing right now, to convince me that he's any kind of option to play on the top line right now.

Right now, the only reasonable hope I have to temporarily put a Band-Aid on the issue at RW is for Parenteau to come back and show something. (though I've got my doubts about that too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->