Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
http://www.gohabsgo.com/en/2014/12/17/new-lines-for-the-montreal-canadiens/

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Sekac-Plekanec-Weise
Bournival-Desharnais-Parenteau
Prust-Malhotra-Tangradi/Eller?
Andrighetto(scratch)

What has Bournival done that Ghetto didn't... ?

(sorry if the lines were posted elsewhere, didn't see anything about that)

The Habs play NHL leading Anaheim on Thursday, having Bournival's speed and defensive game is important, as will having Weise move up to Plekanec's line and Tangradi's size and toughness against them.:nod: Bourque's return to the Bell Center should see Rene playing like a man possessed.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
The Habs play NHL leading Anaheim on Thursday, having Bournival's speed and defensive game is important, as will having Weise move up to Plekanec's line and Tangradi's size and toughness against them.:nod: Bourque's return to the Bell Center should see Rene playing like a man possessed.

Weise is not a second liner. MT completely killed the second and fourth lines. Davey will not be facing AHL team so unless Therrien expects Galchenyuk to score another hat trick it's not looking good boys.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Agree. Prust scores a goal from DD and moves down. Weise doesn't do anything and he stays with Pleks.

The man is an enigma.

And Ghetto goes from 3pts in 3 straight games to barely playing yesterday to probably scratched and Pleks' line has been visibly worse since the demotion. I'm surprised he hasn't moved Galchenyuk to 4th line RW after the hatty last night. :sarcasm:

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Bournival-Desharnais-Parenteau were good against LA.

Andrighetto will be send down to Hamilton soon but now, he has a foot in the NHL, he will be back sooner than later if he continues his good play in the AHL.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Weise is not a second liner. MT completely killed the second and fourth lines. Davey will not be facing AHL team so unless Therrien expects Galchenyuk to score another hat trick it's not looking good boys.

Weise is a good skater and can play defensively though, add on the physicality necessary against a big forward group in Anaheim's team, it makes sense.:nod:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Sekac-Plekanec-Weise
Andrighetto(scratch)

playing to the Ducks strengths = automatic loss to them.

We're better off sticking with the lineup that's won 3 straight games and scored a bunch of goals. Why change a winning line up?

That being said, Tangradi with a hat-trick and Weise with a Gordie How hat trick because, Michel Therrien.

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
I dont understand why Therrien would change a winning lineup . My lineup would be:

Pac-Galchy-Gally
Andrighetto-Plek-Sekac
Desharnais-Eller-Parenteau
Prust-Malhotra-Weise

When Eller comes back of course until then keep Prust on the third line. But I never understood why the Sekac and Ghetto line were taken apart

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Say what you will about The Rien, but the man is consistent.

Yep consistently bad. He has literally demoting everybody that scored a goal. It's like he's holding the depth chart upside down.

RIP GhettoBlaster 2014. Never forget!

My reaction:
auDzPpb.gif

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
Bournival-Desharnais-Parenteau were good against LA.

Andrighetto will be send down to Hamilton soon but now, he has a foot in the NHL, he will be back sooner than later if he continues his good play in the AHL.
My thought exactly they don't have a spot for the guy, and if he got a fourth point in four nights... Management would have looked damn stupid to send him down. So Ghetto got the fourth line, and reduced ice time in the last game to make damn sure he did screw up the plan. And now he going to be a healthy scratch for a game or two and when the media are not paying much attention he will be sent to Hamilton.

habitue*

I dont understand why Therrien would change a winning lineup . My lineup would be:

Pac-Galchy-Gally
Andrighetto-Plek-Sekac
Prust-Malhotra-Weise

When Eller comes back of course until then keep Prust on the third line. But I never understood why the Sekac and Ghetto line were taken apart[/QUOTE]

WOW. Two games and there already a "line" ????

Come on.

habitue*

My thought exactly they don't have a spot for the guy, and if he got a fourth point in four nights... Management would have looked damn stupid to send him down. So Ghetto got the fourth line, and reduced ice time in the last game to make damn sure he did screw up the plan. And now he going to be a healthy scratch for a game or two and when the media are not paying much attention he will be sent to Hamilton.

He will be send down to Hamilton no matter what. He was recalled because of Eller's injury. Great. He had points. But it is not the end of the World. He will be back sooner rather than later.

habitue*

Yep consistently bad. He has literally demoting everybody that scored a goal. It's like he's holding the depth chart upside down.

RIP GhettoBlaster 2014. Never forget!

My reaction:
auDzPpb.gif

Talk about over reaction ! Holy cow !

What would it be IF the team would had lost its last three games ?

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009

Sekac-Plekanec-Weise
Andrighetto(scratch)

I think he's weaning Ghetto out of the lineup so that when Eller comes back there's less of a controversy. A crappy way to treat a player, but i guess it is what it is.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What's also a constant is that if we start trailing significantly in any game, most of these lines are subject to the Bacon Mike treatment -- reshuffle with impunity, cause you know, he fashions himself a "gambler".

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob

Pac-Galchy-Gally
Andrighetto-Plek-Sekac
Prust-Malhotra-Weise

When Eller comes back of course until then keep Prust on the third line. But I never understood why the Sekac and Ghetto line were taken apart[/QUOTE]

WOW. Two games and there already a "line" ????

Come on.

As they played on the same line yes?

Come on

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

You guys weren't paying attention. While many amateur coachess were busy posting lines that cemented Ghetto on the second, Therrien answered a question about him at a presser after his third game with "he's is playing ok, learning the game".

He is no Sekac yet.

Not surprised if he might even be sent down before Tangradi, who brings something we have less of than Ghetto brings.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Canadian Errant, do you even have an opinion on the team?

All your posts is about whining about people's opinion. I know it's a discussion forum but I rarely see you post something about a players or the coach, just whining on people showing their displeasure about something.

It's not because we won 3 games that everything is perfect. Having Weise with Plekanec for a whole game is stupid, especially when you have a player like Ghetto who was playing well and producing.

The score was 2-1 after 57 minutes yesterday against the worst team in the east. Not sure the strategy worked out all that great even if we won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad