Max Pacioretty -Tomas Plekanec- Dale Weise
Evander Kane -Alex Galchenyuk- Brendan Gallagher
Michael Bournival -Lars Eller- Jiri Sekac
Brandon Prust -Gabriel Dumont- Christian Thomas

Manny Malhotra

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I'd test Dumont for 4th C out for extended period of time. He's already waiver eligible and his style fits the role.

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Because Therrien is a stubborn arrogant fool who plays favourites.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats....osition=C&country=&status=&viewName=timeOnIce

As much as the Habs lack a #1 that cup winning group lacked a #2.

A Plekx/Galchenyuk/Eller trio makes a lot of sense. 2 guys to take the tough minutes and a young dynamic offensive forward to play wtih your best offensive scorer in 20 years.

Problem is, that means unless Desharnais plays RW with Pacio/Galchenyuk, Deshanrais is miscast in whatever line he's on, other than the 4th.

So he makes up this nonsense about Galchenyuk wanting to play on the wing.

He continually doesn't give Eller any sort of jump up the lne up, despite doingi t for struggling players in the past.

And he gets Desharnais back to Pacioretty, and does it looking like it wasn't his goal the whole way.

It's pathetic, shameful and embarrassing.

Eller isn't the only one struggling yet seems to be the only one being scrutinised.

Lars Eller...1 but à ses 20 derniers matches... -
Gallagher....1 but à ses 13 derniers matches... -
Sekac...1 but à ses 19 derniers matches... -
Notre PREMIER ailier droit (Dale Weise)...1 but à ses 10 derniers matches...
- David Desharnais...2 buts à ses 11 derniers matches... -
Brandon Prust...1 but à ses 16 derniers matches.... -

Therien SUCKS DEER NUTS, worst coach in the league!

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Eller isn't the only one struggling yet seems to be the only one being scrutinised.

...ssshhhhhh...you know better; facts don't fit the narrative...Down With Eller!!...Off With His Head!!...:rant:

:shakehead

HabsDieHard*

Therien SUCKS DEER NUTS, worst coach in the league!

Yeah isn't that just the "strangest" thing hey?

It's almost as though Therrien plays favourites and chooses a scapegoat to focus his disdain towards.

Pretty funny what it took to get Desharnais back with Pacioretty eh?

2 regulation losses against bottom 5 teams for him to put up 3 points in.

Yep, that's worthy of a promotion

Fire that loser Therrien, or fire Bergevin if he isn't smart enough to realize what a loser he is.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
It might be a good idea for the group here to raise and allocate some funds to renting a boxing ring. Some people could get their DD vs. Eller; Therrien vs. Literally anyone else; Bergevin vs. Not getting all the trades etc etc, angers, emotions et al out.

I'll pitch $20 if I can watch!

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

It's almost as though Therrien plays favourites and chooses a scapegoat to focus his disdain towards.

Fire that loser Therrien, or fire Bergevin if he isn't smart enough to realize what a loser he is.

Lets not forget all the 1st wave PP time Desharnais gets, to Eller's none!

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

It might be a good idea for the group here to raise and allocate some funds to renting a boxing ring. Some people could get their DD vs. Eller; Therrien vs. Literally anyone else; Bergevin vs. Not getting all the trades etc etc, angers, emotions et al out.

I'll pitch $20 if I can watch!

I'm not saying Desharnais is better then Eller or vice versa but what I am saying is Desharnais gets every benefit of the doubt from media to coach to fans where Eller has been crucified! In my opinion Eller is a perfect third line C. Desharnais can't play that role, he's just not built for it. fact is both Galchenyuk and Plekanec are far superior to Desharnais! Why is he still around?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
What's your solution?

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Sekac - Plekanec - Andrighetto/Parenteau
Desharnais - Eller - Weise
Prust - Malholtra - Bournival

or

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Sekac/Desharnais - Galchenyuk - Andrighetto/Parenteau
Desharnais/Sekac - Eller - Weise
Prust - Malholtra - Bournival

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'm not saying Desharnais is better then Eller or vice versa but what I am saying is Desharnais gets every benefit of the doubt from media to coach to fans where Eller has been crucified! In my opinion Eller is a perfect third line C. Desharnais can't play that role, he's just not built for it. fact is both Galchenyuk and Plekanec are far superior to Desharnais! Why is he still around?

I would give Desharnais away for free, hell I think he should be waived but it's gotten to the point around here where you can't even make a comment about a player without being attacked by a pro-Desharnais/anti-Eller poster. And vice versa if you think Eller makes a bad play.

It's so hostile around here, and I'm a pretty negative person but even I cringe these days.

However, I think a lot people around here would lighten up if we got rid of Therrien. I think he brings out the worst in people around here and compounds all the bickering. Alas, Bergevin doesn't give a **** about what we think, so we might be doomed to the endless drivel we have seen the past couple years around here.

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
What's your solution?

Montreal is a AVG team with possibly the best goalie in the league. Biggest problem is the coach is inconsistent with his players....too much line juggling. Montreal needs another D and 3 forwards at minimum to compete in the playoffs.

Here is how I see Montreal, holes are where a trade or new player is required.

Pacioretty Plekanec
Sekac Galchenyuk Gallagher
Eller
Prust Malhotra Weise

Subban Markov
Tinordi Emelin
Gonchar Beaulieu

Gilbert, Weaver, Parranteau, Bournival and Desharnais need to go!

Need a 1st line right W and two Wings on the third line, a real number 2 or 3 dman is required as well!

Last edited:

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
Why do we need 3 scoring lines?
What's wrong with 2 strong lines?

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Sekac
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
weise - desharnais - prust
fill in the 3 blanks
PAP returns drop him into the 3rd line
If DD can't handle the 3rd line role slot Prust in there and find a team that will give you the highest round pick for him

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Get rid of DD and guess what.......Eller is still mired in a slump.

DD does not play on Eller's line. Eller does not play on DD's line.

Eller has been getting lots of ice time recently. He needs to take advantage of that opportunity.

Hockey is not a zero sum game. There are no quotas given to teams with regard to scoring goals. Eller spends plenty enough time in the offensive zone with Sekac on his wing to generate offense.

Get rid of Eller and guess what: DD won't be more of a necessity to this team despites losing a center.

The weird thing is that ONLY Plekanec, Galchenyuk, Gallagher and Pacioretty got more goals than Eller at 5 on 5. And Lars played only 45 games.

And Eller is the one who have to get himself a shake.....and your right at this point. But in the end, many others are way worst overall.

Nothing wrong with having a 3rd line C only scoring 30 points in a season.

With only 32 games left in the season, Eller will have to score roughly a point every other game to hit his 30.

And seeing how he has not scored a point in the last 11 games, there lies the problem.The only reason anyone is talking about the problem of Lars Eller not scoring points.

When you come to that realization, you will understand and not become so defensive and feel the need to resort to comparing Player X to Player Y.

Didn't stop Eller to finish very strong last year.
Again, 3rd liner! If they were good 82 games...they would be 1st liner.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Nothing wrong with having a 3rd line C only scoring 30 points in a season.

With only 32 games left in the season, Eller will have to score roughly a point every other game to hit his 30.

And seeing how he has not scored a point in the last 11 games, there lies the problem.The only reason anyone is talking about the problem of Lars Eller not scoring points.

When you come to that realization, you will understand and not become so defensive and feel the need to resort to comparing Player X to Player Y.
I hope so, L.A. managed to win the cup with a 27 points 3rd line C last season, a 3rd line C who had a whooping 6 pts in the PO... :naughty:

what do mean, problem ? arent we having a good season ? isnt hockey a TEAM sport ?

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Get rid of Eller and guess what: DD won't be more of a necessity to this team despites losing a center.

The weird thing is that ONLY Plekanec, Galchenyuk, Gallagher and Pacioretty got more goals than Eller at 5 on 5. And Lars played only 45 games.

And Eller is the one who have to get himself a shake.....and your right at this point. But in the end, many others are way worst overall.

Didn't stop Eller to finish very strong last year.
Again, 3rd liner! If they were good 82 games...they would be 1st liner.

That's my wish. For Eller to finish strong starting the next game and carrying it on into the playoffs.

He's a Canadiens player. I want nothing but success for him......and the team.

Nynja*

That's my wish. For Eller to finish strong starting the next game and carrying it on into the playoffs.

He's a Canadiens player. I want nothing but success for him......and the team.

Yes, its nice that you expect a 3rd liner who gets defensive deployment and scrap wingers to produce at the same clip as a 3rd liner who gets treated like a first liner with offensive deployment and PP time and our olympic caliber winger.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Yes, its nice that you expect a 3rd liner who gets defensive deployment and scrap wingers to produce at the same clip as a 3rd liner who gets treated like a first liner with offensive deployment and PP time and our olympic caliber winger.

Why do you hate Sekac?

Dont answer.

I am tired of arguing with teenagers high on hormone fueled emotion.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Why do you hate Sekac?

Dont answer.

I am tired of arguing with teenagers high on hormone fueled emotion.

...why do you shoot off about people making smartass remarks in one thread and then make multiple yourself in others??...

...don't answer...

...nobody takes it seriously anyways...

Phenom

Grind deez guyss - Michou
Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
Given our current roster, i'd like to see

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Missing piece (Parenteau :dunno:)

Sekac - Plekanec - Andrighetto

Desharnais - Eller - Gallagher

Prust - Bournival - Weise

Pretty strong lines imo, compared to Therrien's current line :cry:.

We have a skilled first line, a high octane second line and high energy fourth line.
I find Bournival and Weise played well together and Bournival scored 2 goals against the Devils when they played together.

Only left is the third line wich is the weakest link and needs improvement.

DD, Eller and Gally are all third liners and should be on a third line.

We need to get rid of Desharnais and Malhotra and maybe Parenteau.

They are the weakest links and currently holding us down.

A top 6 RW will make a huge difference, addition by subtraction (Desharnais) :naughty:.

My 2 cents :)

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
Question: what do you think about that D line-up?

Beaulieu - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Tinordi - Gonchar

Beaulieu and Subban: Beaulieu gets to play with Subban, 2 high ability transition D that can hold their own in the defensive zone.

Markov and Emelin: They were together last year, did well, and Emelin would benefit a lot from Markov's play, relieving him of the transition game a little. Markov can take more chances, and Emelin covers up the back end.

Tinordi and Gonchar: Gonchar has been amazing for Beaulieu, and his stabilisation on the team. Him being paired with Tinordi on the 3rd pairing will help Tinordi settle in and get crucial experience next to one of the best. In the same time, it allows Gonchar to rest a little more, facing less competitive opposition.

The big difference is the inclusion of Emelin in the top 4.
It is the big question point. If he can step it up, the Habs don't need that much of an upgrade short term.

Gilbert is a good transitional defenseman but... well we don't use him as such >.<, might as well use his little value as trade bait. The fact he has a little value makes him a better cap relief as he could settle in well in a depth situation on another team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad