Rumor: Lindholm Mega Thread: All Rumors/Proposals Go Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Often trades are done for players who don't have exact same value, common even. We're in same conference not same division, less of a big deal. Jets have no use for their 22 year old 2/3 rhd? Whaaaaat?

You don't want to trade Lindholm, Jets don't want to trade trouba.....neither are signed. Who knows how to unfolds, ideally both teams sign our players to long deals, but I don't think it happens with trouba, not sure about Lindholm either until contract done.

Well its pretty obvious trouba will likely be moved cause he asked, lindholm hasn't so its still relatively unknown... I'm sure BM is listening to offers if he hears something he likes... but I think signing lindholm is his best move.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Often trades are done for players who don't have exact same value, common even. We're in same conference not same division, less of a big deal. Jets have no use for their 22 year old 2/3 rhd? Whaaaaat?

You don't want to trade Lindholm, Jets don't want to trade trouba.....neither are signed. Who knows how to unfolds, ideally both teams sign our players to long deals, but I don't think it happens with trouba, not sure about Lindholm either until contract done.

Would still be fighting for a playoff spot, most likely a WC spot. I was referring to Dano as the guy you have no need for since the most proposed deal is Trouba + Dano for Lindholm. Jets have many better wingers, so the Jets don't need Dano. Just goes back to my point, we help the Jets by giving them Lindholm for a guy who refuses to sign there and a player that will most likely never make their roster full time.

You're right, neither sides wants to trade their player. But so far, there's only one player that actually wants out. Ideally, both sides keep their players and we just laugh at all these threads next year.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Want to know the biggest difference? Trouba asked a trade before the season started. The season is well underway and Lindholm still hasn't asked for a trade. That should be better evidence for Lindholm staying, then suggesting that Lindholm secretly wants out just like Trouba.

Once again, just another conspiracy from Jets fans with Lindholm.

Did you notice the part where I said that he might not want to go public? Anaheim has (or had) very bad leverage, when it comes to trading in general. Under a million of cap space, with just under four million for the time being (which ends exactly when Despres is cleared to play). If you go public, you're doing nothing but screwing your team over. They can't get a good return for you, because there's no cap space for the players coming back. THAT's why going public would be stupid. You're not only prolonging your own holdout, but you might prevent a chance to get your contract completely.

You might not want to agree with something you don't like, but that's completely logical and possible. Acting like it isn't just because you don't want it to happen is bad.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Purely just value

Trouba + dano is probably close but I think would possibly be beat out.

nylander/marner/connor/drai + would likely be in the range

What would jet fans think is fair for trouba?

I would entertain Connor +.. However that plus is not Trouba, and depending and what you think the + would be would determine on how the rest of the conversation goes.

Trouba is one of the top young D in the game. I'd be looking similar to deals that have recently happened.. I think Hall type return is unrealistic, I feel Jersey walked backasswards into that. the NSH and CLB trade would be suitable, something along the lines of RHN I personally wouldn't be mad about. We all know what the Jet's want in return as it has been made very clear about their demands, So the fan base has been going off that..
We've stock piled some really good assets since relocation and are in a position to utilize that to maximize a return for an already very valuable and rare asset in Trouba, hence why some fans are willing to add to Trouba.
For some clarification on Dano.. He should have made the team, but was unfortunately the casualty of his current contract where he is wavier exempt, same goes with Copp. The only reason he's on the Moose and not playing in WPG's top 9/6 is because he didn't need to clear waivers, where Lowry and Burmistrov and others did. And there was a really high chance neither of them would pass through without being claimed, and that's just bad asset management.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I would entertain Connor +.. However that plus is not Trouba, and depending and what you think the + would be would determine on how the rest of the conversation goes.

Trouba is one of the top young D in the game. I'd be looking similar to deals that have recently happened.. I think Hall type return is unrealistic, I feel Jersey walked backasswards into that. the NSH and CLB trade would be suitable, something along the lines of RHN I personally wouldn't be mad about. We all know what the Jet's want in return as it has been made very clear about their demands, So the fan base has been going off that..
We've stock piled some really good assets since relocation and are in a position to utilize that to maximize a return for an already very valuable and rare asset in Trouba, hence why some fans are willing to add to Trouba.
For some clarification on Dano.. He should have made the team, but was unfortunately the casualty of his current contract where he is wavier exempt, same goes with Copp. The only reason he's on the Moose and not playing in WPG's top 9/6 is because he didn't need to clear waivers, where Lowry and Burmistrov and others did. And there was a really high chance neither of them would pass through without being claimed, and that's just bad asset management.

Trouba + Connors is way too much, obviously it would get the job done :naughty: but I also feel like chev would be fired promptly

Like I said if trouba was part I think Trouba + Dano Is fairly close, but I would also guess it gets out bid.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Did you notice the part where I said that he might not want to go public? Anaheim has (or had) very bad leverage, when it comes to trading in general. Under a million of cap space, with just under four million for the time being (which ends exactly when Despres is cleared to play). If you go public, you're doing nothing but screwing your team over. They can't get a good return for you, because there's no cap space for the players coming back. THAT's why going public would be stupid. You're not only prolonging your own holdout, but you might prevent a chance to get your contract completely.

You might not want to agree with something you don't like, but that's completely logical and possible. Acting like it isn't just because you don't want it to happen is bad.

And you're ignoring the fact that if Lindholm asked for a trade, someone in the hockey world would know. There's zero chance someone of Lindholm's caliber asking for a trade doesn't get noticed by one the bigger insiders. Lindholm doesn't have to come out with a press release for people know that he wants a trade out.

You're also ignoring that the two sides keep getting closer to a deal, why would we have those reports if Lindholm is asking for a trade out? Once again, it just comes back to Jets fans believing in a conspiracy.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Its possible but until we know its still just speculation, rumors, wishful thinking.... no reason as an Anaheim fan to believe any different until that information actually comes out.

Pongs21

Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
And you're ignoring the fact that if Lindholm asked for a trade, someone in the hockey world would know. There's zero chance someone of Lindholm's caliber asking for a trade doesn't get noticed by one the bigger insiders. Lindholm doesn't have to come out with a press release for people know that he wants a trade out.

You're also ignoring that the two sides keep getting closer to a deal, why would we have those reports if Lindholm is asking for a trade out? Once again, it just comes back to Jets fans believing in a conspiracy.

To be fair, Trouba asked for a trade in June/July and no one knew about it until September...

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

A good point, until you think back to May, when Trouba requested a trade. It took four months to any insider to know about it. That stuff happens. Again, it's up to you if you like it or not, but just because you don't, it necessarily doesn't mean that everyone who believes otherwise is wrong.

Stream*

Dec 13, 2015
You're forgetting the part where Lindholm actually has to sign it. All the signs point to him not wanting to do that, and he wants to stay in Anaheim.

Unless you're one of those folks that believe there's a conspiracy going on and Lindholm actually wants out, yet no in the hockey world knows that one of the most premier young defensemen is available.

No I am a realist that believes hockey players want to play hockey instead of sitting at home and lose 35k+ a day, waiting for an organization, who can't manage their own finances or resources, try to figure out if some workaround to the mistakes they have made running their business. Lindholm is the one paying for their foolishness and I am sure he is just calling in to BM saying...take your time, I have only lost 400k so far so I don't mind waiting. Oh and that make believe number of 250k difference that they are apart just went up cause of the lost wages. At least trouba is sitting because of his own stupid decisions. Lindholm is sitting cause the Ducks can't pay him what he is worth.

And he wants to be in Anaheim...keep believing that. If he did he would be over working out with his team in Anaheim or at least sitting in his home there but nope he likes it so much that he is in another country.

But sure go ahead living in your fantasy land where everything is okay cause it's the happiest place in the world. You have been reading too many billboards.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
To be fair, Trouba asked for a trade in June/July and no one knew about it until September...

Major difference here is that there have been rumblings of Trouba wanting out / wanting unreasonable amount of money to stay, etc for about a year before the press release from his agent. Doesn't mean every report is true - but we've had far less with Lindholm then Trouba so far.

Have heard nothing about Lindholm wanting out even after all the speculation and ongoing uncertainty.

Maybe he is just trying to be professional and theres been some major issues by this point and he wants out? It's possible but its been too quiet for me to think theres anything else happening besides contract discussions. This probably just is really that boring lol.

Oct 18, 2011
How about Beaulieu + Plekanec (2.5m retained) + 1st round pick MTL (& maybe add a high-prospect like Juulsen/Scherbak) for Lindholm?

Horrible

ducks dont need beaulieu at all
plekanec at best is the 3rd best C on the team
1st is going to be middle of the pack
wow a prospect!

all of you guys keep trying to send the ducks a defense downgrade in a trade, the ducks do not need defense when will people here understand that? if they did somehow opt for a dman it is not going to be a downgrade

Pongs21

Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Major difference here is that there have been rumblings of Trouba wanting out / wanting unreasonable amount of money to stay, etc for about a year before the press release from his agent.

Have heard nothing about Lindholm wanting out even after all the speculation and ongoing uncertain

Maybe he is just trying to be professional and theres been some major issues by this point and he wants out? It's possible but its been too quiet for me to think theres anything else happening besides contract debate. This probably just is really that boring lol.

The rumblings of Lindholm being available , BS or not, have already begun.. Rumblings of Lindholm wanting a lot of money and basically calling out ANA for being cheap with contract offers prior to the WCH. It's how it all starts :sarcasm:

Oct 18, 2011
You think any GM in the NHL isn't going to bend Murray over a barrel knowing he has a week to make a deal if he matches?

I think Anaheim is in a terrible position right now. If they don't clear some cap space before Lindholm gets impatient. Look out.

you think murray is only going to have 1 gm to trade with?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
What weakness is there exactly? Lindholm doesn't want out, so why would we take a lower return for Lindholm?

The Jets are the only one that doesn't have a lot of bargaining power. Your guy wants out, yet you expect to get a massive upgrade from him for Lindholm. Come on, when has a team have a player publicly want out, and refuse to play to even yo up his trade value, return a better player? :shakehead

We can afford to wait though, were not looking to contend yet.
You guys either trade other defencemen for a loss to sign Lindholm or trade Lindholm for a loss to keep the rest. There is no bargaining power here.
I've come to terms that Chevy is likely going to attempt to wait Trouba out so we will see. He has no bargaining power either but his back isn't up against the wall like Murray's, at least not as much.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
No I am a realist that believes hockey players want to play hockey instead of sitting at home and lose 35k+ a day, waiting for an organization, who can't manage their own finances or resources, try to figure out if some workaround to the mistakes they have made running their business. Lindholm is the one paying for their foolishness and I am sure he is just calling in to BM saying...take your time, I have only lost 400k so far so I don't mind waiting. Oh and that make believe number of 250k difference that they are apart just went up cause of the lost wages. At least trouba is sitting because of his own stupid decisions. Lindholm is sitting cause the Ducks can't pay him what he is worth.

And he wants to be in Anaheim...keep believing that. If he did he would be over working out with his team in Anaheim or at least sitting in his home there but nope he likes it so much that he is in another country.

But sure go ahead living in your fantasy land where everything is okay cause it's the happiest place in the world. You have been reading too many billboards.

Yes, the fantasy land where Lindholm and the Ducks continue to get closer to an agreement based on reports from reliable sources. Instead of the total real reality where a reporter with no credibility said the Ducks might trade Lindholm and Lindholm actually wants wants out; and all the reports of the two getting closer to a deal or just lies by the Ducks organization.

I'm the one leaving in a fantasy reality...

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
We can afford to wait though, were not looking to contend yet.
You guys either trade other defencemen for a loss to sign Lindholm or trade Lindholm for a loss to keep the rest. There is no bargaining power here.
I've come to terms that Chevy is likely going to attempt to wait Trouba out so we will see. He has no bargaining power either but his back isn't up against the wall like Murray's, at least not as much.

Yes, somehow we have no bargaining power when it comes to trading a guy we don't have to trade. Unlike the Jets who have all the bargaining power for a guy who refuses to even talk the Jets organization and wants a trade out.

Nov 24, 2006
IF Lindholm IS available, would Jacob Trouba and Logan Stanley (1st round 2016) get it done?

Edit: I realize the Ducks want forwards, but the Jets don't want to deal Connor or Ehlers. If so, what about Brenden Lemieux and Dano instead of Stanley?

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
What makes anyone think that Trouba would sign in ANH anyway? He is holding out due to his chance to play big minutes, not for money. Anaheim has a stacked blue line as well.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
What makes anyone think that Trouba would sign in ANH anyway? He is holding out due to his chance to play big minutes, not for money. Anaheim has a stacked blue line as well.

He comfortably beats every RHD they have, so there's a spot in the top pairing. A Fowler-Trouba debate is literally the last thing this thread needs, so there's just no point in going there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln