Rumor: Lindholm Mega Thread: All Rumors/Proposals Go Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
You're still the one that said a small add and put in Vatanen. Vatanen is no small add, no matter what. You made a mistake, own up to it.

To get this clear, because there seems to be a fair bit of blinders applied here. The trade I proposed was:

Lindholm + Vatanen/Montour + cap dump (Stoner) .... FOR
Trouba + Wpg 1st + Dano.

If Vatenen is too much, fine. Like I said, but he was only an option (Vatenan/Montour) and the cap dump is attached (a huge + for you guys).

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I love when people make this point to try and make their one sided deal look good. You're not getting a better player, one who is not asking for a trade out for whatever reason. If Lindholm wants a trade, there would be many other teams making an offer, so the Jets would have to compete with them.

No one is trying to make anything look good, just stated plausible situation. Yes if Lindholm was made available other teams would show interest of course. Would anyone beat a middle 6 prospect that's expansion except and a #2/3 22 year old rhd with true #1 potential? Maybe, maybe not. As stated fans don't make trades or know all the facts. Often when trades requests made fans don't even know. Often teams make trades that are unpopular with fans.

Time will tell, interesting times

Stream*

Dec 13, 2015
Jets should just offer sheet him already. They have lots of cap space and can give him 6m for 7 years and compensation is only a 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounder. (Which they have) Then trade Trouba for a first and a prospect, Trouba is gone and happy, Lindholm isn't losing money by being lowballed and gets what he wants, and the Jets walk away with the LHD they need, and a prospect for basically a 2nd and 3rd rounder. They keep Dano, and still have 4 mill in cap space.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Well seeing as he has said he and agents want to get a deal done, are getting closer to a deal, the season has already started and he still has not asked for a trade, there no reports saying Murray is shopping Lindholm; so yeah 99% chance he wants to stay.

Always the 1% chance that Murray threw a barstool at him and that makes Lindholm want to leave.

Well... guess what Trouba and Overhardt said. Literally two weeks before the trade request was brought to public, Trouba obviously said that he's expecting to sign very soon and that requesting a trade is "not on his mind". Well, that went well.

What's the counter-argument? "Lindholm's not Trouba, just because your player wants out doesn't mean that our player wants too" oh, sweet. It's quite obvious that Hampus and Jacob are two different human beings. That doesn't mean that Lindholm isn't talking the same BS to the media - just to not ruin his chances of getting out. Going public with a trade request can also backfire, see Drouin, Jonathan. It is not out of question that Lindholm is looking for a trade, but he knows that letting teams know about it can negatively affect his chances.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
To get this clear, because there seems to be a fair bit of blinders applied here. The trade I proposed was:

Trouba + Wpg 1st + Dano.

If Vatenen is too much, fine. Like I said, but he was only an option (Vatenan/Montour) and the cap dump is attached (a huge + for you guys).

I don't think you guys could afford those 3 contracts without a cap dump or some money coming back to Anaheim, maybe I'm wrong tho

Also if you were to take vatanen we woudlnt really need a cap dump.... so its sordid irrelevant the only reason we really needed a cap dump is to sign lindholm.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well... guess what Trouba and Overhardt said. Literally two weeks before the trade request was brought to public, Trouba obviously said that he's expecting to sign very soon and that requesting a trade is "not on his mind". Well, that went well.

What's the counter-argument? "Lindholm's not Trouba, just because your player wants out doesn't mean that our player wants too" oh, sweet. It's quite obvious that Hampus and Jacob are two different human beings. That doesn't mean that Lindholm isn't talking the same BS to the media - just to not ruin his chances of getting out. Going public with a trade request can also backfire, see Drouin, Jonathan. It is not out of question that Lindholm is looking for a trade, but he knows that letting teams know about it can negatively affect his chances.

At the same time that's just jet fans speculating, until it actually comes out that way there is no reason to believe it.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

Trouba + Wpg 1st + Dano.

No blinders, you made a mistake by suggesting adding Vatanen was a small add. That's a mistake on your part, own up to it. We all make mistakes once in awhile, it's ok. Even then, it's still a bad deal. You're asking us to give up two top 4 D (one with elite potential) for a guy who asked for a trade out, a mystery box, and uninteresting prospect. If he was that good, the Hawks would have kept him. Dumping all that salary along with Lindholm is pointless. If we're dumping salary, it would be to re-sign Lindholm.

No one is trying to make anything look good, just stated plausible situation. Yes if Lindholm was made available other teams would show interest of course. Would anyone beat a middle 6 prospect that's expansion except and a #2/3 22 year old rhd with true #1 potential? Maybe, maybe not. As stated fans don't make trades or know all the facts. Often when trades requests made fans don't even know. Often teams make trades that are unpopular with fans.

Time will tell, interesting times

I'm sure trading Lindholm out of the West would make up for any value over what the Jets would give up. Not going to help the Jets out by giving them a better player and taking a player they have no use for.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

Want to know the biggest difference? Trouba asked a trade before the season started. The season is well underway and Lindholm still hasn't asked for a trade. That should be better evidence for Lindholm staying, then suggesting that Lindholm secretly wants out just like Trouba.

Once again, just another conspiracy from Jets fans with Lindholm.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Jets should just offer sheet him already. They have lots of cap space and can give him 6m for 7 years and compensation is only a 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounder. (Which they have) Then trade Trouba for a first and a prospect, Trouba is gone and happy, Lindholm isn't losing money by being lowballed and gets what he wants, and the Jets walk away with the LHD they need, and a prospect for basically a 2nd and 3rd rounder. They keep Dano, and still have 4 mill in cap space.

You're forgetting the part where Lindholm actually has to sign it. All the signs point to him not wanting to do that, and he wants to stay in Anaheim.

Unless you're one of those folks that believe there's a conspiracy going on and Lindholm actually wants out, yet no in the hockey world knows that one of the most premier young defensemen is available.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville

If you could get Lindholm on a offer sheet for 6m x 7, I don't think there would be any hesitation. But you have to get Lindholm to sign it, and you have to get Ana to pass on it (at 6m, chances of them passing are 0 unless he already has requested a trade).

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
No blinders, you made a mistake by suggesting adding Vatanen was a small add. That's a mistake on your part, own up to it. We all make mistakes once in awhile, it's ok. Even then, it's still a bad deal. You're asking us to give up two top 4 D (one with elite potential) for a guy who asked for a trade out, a mystery box, and uninteresting prospect. If he was that good, the Hawks would have kept him. Dumping all that salary along with Lindholm is pointless. If we're dumping salary, it would be to re-sign Lindholm.

I'm sure trading Lindholm out of the West would make up for any value over what the Jets would give up. Not going to help the Jets out by giving them a better player and taking a player they have no use for.

It's just as bad as adding Connor/Ehlers on to Trouba..
So you'd take less value in return for Lindholm to ship him out east than him stay in the west? because screw Winnipeg right?

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
If you could get Lindholm on a offer sheet for 6m x 7, I don't think there would be any hesitation. But you have to get Lindholm to sign it, and you have to get Ana to pass on it (at 6m, chances of them passing are 0 unless he already has requested a trade).

Don't they need cap space to match an offer sheet?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
He doesn't make it media available so anahiem can get a better return

If he requested a trade, someone in the hockey world with insider knowledge would have let that slip. Instead, all we're seeing is reports of the two sides getting closer to a deal.

But that's probably just all a conspiracy and Lindholm actually wants out. :sarcasm:

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
So you'd take less value in return for Lindholm to ship him out east than him stay in the west? because screw Winnipeg right?

Sure, since that's what Jets fans and frankly every other fan base has been trying to do to us for awhile.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Trouba for lindholm would likely be beat by an east team anyhow

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
If he requested a trade, someone in the hockey world with insider knowledge would have let that slip. Instead, all we're seeing is reports of the two sides getting closer to a deal.

But that's probably just all a conspiracy and Lindholm actually wants out. :sarcasm:
The most likely scenario and i have said this already is he stays in anahiem.

This board is all hypothetical besides confirmed link with signing.

I just want to see what anahiem fans believe is a fair trade.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

And if he's requested a trade, 0% he signs it because if they were to match it he'd be contractually obligated to play for them. And this is why offer sheets almost never happen.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Sure, since that's what Jets fans and frankly every other fan base has been trying to do to us for awhile.

lol I was just paraphrasing you. IF Lindholm is really available, I bet our teams become really good friends :nod:

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
They would have a week to figure it out

You think any GM in the NHL isn't going to bend Murray over a barrel knowing he has a week to make a deal if he matches?

I think Anaheim is in a terrible position right now. If they don't clear some cap space before Lindholm gets impatient. Look out.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The most likely scenario and i have said this already is he stays in anahiem.

This board is all hypothetical besides confirmed link with signing.

I just want to see what anahiem fans believe is a fair trade.
Purely just value

Trouba + dano is probably close but I think would possibly be beat out.

nylander/marner/connor/drai + would likely be in the range

What would jet fans think is fair for trouba?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You think any GM in the NHL isn't going to bend Murray over a barrel knowing he has a week to make a deal if he matches?

I think Anaheim is in a terrible position right now. If they don't clear some cap space before Lindholm gets impatient. Look out.

No but a team may take advantage o the situation and take Montour/Larsson/Theodore/1st + stoner.

What makes you think they want to help the jets either?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Often trades are done for players who don't have exact same value, common even. We're in same conference not same division, less of a big deal. Jets have no use for their 22 year old 2/3 rhd? Whaaaaat?

You don't want to trade Lindholm, Jets don't want to trade trouba.....neither are signed. Who knows how to unfolds, ideally both teams sign our players to long deals, but I don't think it happens with trouba, not sure about Lindholm either until contract done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad