Rumor: Lindholm Mega Thread: All Rumors/Proposals Go Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
IF Lindholm IS available, would Jacob Trouba and Logan Stanley (1st round 2016) get it done?

Edit: I realize the Ducks want forwards, but the Jets don't want to deal Connor or Ehlers. If so, what about Brenden Lemieux and Dano instead of Stanley?

He would most likely be behind Theo,Larsson, and Montour in the depth chart, so no thank you.

We have two of our own Lemieux who are better, and Dano is not enough. No interest in helping the Jets by taking a guy that won't play there and a guy who would not crack their roster.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
He would most likely be behind Theo,Larsson, and Montour in the depth chart, so no thank you.

We have two of our own Lemieux who are better, and Dano is not enough. No interest in helping the Jets by taking a guy that won't play there and a guy who would not crack their roster.

If you were educated enough about our roster, you'd know that Dano is in the AHL strictly because of him being waiver exempt. He deserves a spot in the NHL roster, but that's why he's down there.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
He comfortably beats every RHD they have, so there's a spot in the top pairing. A Fowler-Trouba debate is literally the last thing this thread needs, so there's just no point in going there.

Here's the thing, we have Manson and Vats on the right side top 4. Manson and Fowler have been a stellar pairing (with good fancy stats too). So if we take Trouba, then we push Manson and Vats down a spot. Either Manson talent is wasted on the 3rd pairing or we're paying almost 5 million for a bottom pairing guy. It's smarter to keep Lindholm and move Fowler to the 2nd pairing or keep Lindholm on the 2nd pairing with Vats.

ATM, we need Lindholm on the left side more than we need Trouba on the right.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
If you were educated enough about our roster, you'd know that Dano is in the AHL strictly because of him being waiver exempt. He deserves a spot in the NHL roster, but that's why he's down there.

So he's good enough to be in the NHL, yet still not good enough to be on the Jets roster. if he was actually good enough to play, he would be. Since he's not, we end up helping the Jets get value for a guy they would lose for nothing. Not going to help the Jets upgrade in D and get value for a player they could lose for nothing.

Stream*

Dec 13, 2015
Yes, the fantasy land where Lindholm and the Ducks continue to get closer to an agreement based on reports from reliable sources. Instead of the total real reality where a reporter with no credibility said the Ducks might trade Lindholm and Lindholm actually wants wants out; and all the reports of the two getting closer to a deal or just lies by the Ducks organization.

I'm the one leaving in a fantasy reality...

That's the only point you decided to debate? That statement is just a feel good thing they are throwing out there for the fan boys. Every day they keep getting farther apart cause if they were just 250k apart...that is 7 days of negotiations, and 250k more of cap space that the Ducks will need to clear to fit him in this year. He has already lost almost double that so how many years is it going to take to make up that cost.

Keep pretending their is no problems. Offer sheet is the way to go. Duck can't find money to resign their best dman in what 5 months....I doubt they would even read the email about the offer sheet in 7 days, never mind match it. Don't worry you will get some picks for him. They don't count against the cap for years and years.

DisneyDucky

Feb 5, 2012
Linköping
That's the only point you decided to debate? That statement is just a feel good thing they are throwing out there for the fan boys. Every day they keep getting farther apart cause if they were just 250k apart...that is 7 days of negotiations, and 250k more of cap space that the Ducks will need to clear to fit him in this year. He has already lost almost double that so how many years is it going to take to make up that cost.

Keep pretending their is no problems. Offer sheet is the way to go. Duck can't find money to resign their best dman in what 5 months....I doubt they would even read the email about the offer sheet in 7 days, never mind match it. Don't worry you will get some picks for him. They don't count against the cap for years and years.

some top notch grown-up behaviour right here. :help:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
So he's good enough to be in the NHL, yet still not good enough to be on the Jets roster. if he was actually good enough to play, he would be. Since he's not, we end up helping the Jets get value for a guy they would lose for nothing. Not going to help the Jets upgrade in D and get value for a player they could lose for nothing.

Again, he's waiver exempt, so your facts are wrong. We're not losing him for free, nor do we not risk losing anyone else for free if we were to waive someone.

"Not helping" a team because of, reasons, is one of the most dumb arguments there are. You do what's best for your own team. If you ever want to win, you have to beat any four teams in the playoffs, and which four you end up facing, you have no control over that. When you're getting pummeled by the Sharks, do you think "at least the Jets didn't get a good return for Trouba!" or "damn, we really need more good forwards, we're not looking good"? Based on your posts, it's the former, but each to their own, I guess.

If Minnesota was to call and offer Scandella or Brodin for Trouba, I seriously consider taking that offer. We get better, so does Minnesota. Well, our other option is to continue rolling with what we have, and given the results so far, I'd rather not do that. Minnesota doesn't lose that much, they just continue their good form without changing anything. If we do the trade, we benefit more than Minnesota. Therefore, it's something I'd do.

The offer which has been posted many times is Lindholm(long term)+Stoner for Dano+Trouba(bridged). Do you realize that you are currently rolling with many poor players in your forward lines, and don't have Lindholm in the roster? How is it better to continue like that, compared to actually having a top pairing guy, one less cap dump and a cost controlled forward with room to grow?

Stream*

Dec 13, 2015

You mean like Montour, Larson, and Theodore? They can't even make it with your best dman sitting at home watching TV.

DisneyDucky

Feb 5, 2012
Linköping
What part are you disagreeing with?

your ridiculous tone and way of arguing. we can agree to disagree without getting into childish arguments and holding fans responsible for their gm´s mistakes.

I may not agree with the value some people on these boards place on lindholm, but I wont attack their team and spout nonsense because I disagree with them

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Trouba + Connors is way too much, obviously it would get the job done :naughty: but I also feel like chev would be fired promptly

Like I said if trouba was part I think Trouba + Dano Is fairly close, but I would also guess it gets out bid.

This is what I like -- an ANA poster who has realistic values to not only the Ducks player involved, but the ones he's trading for. Exceptional indeed.

Fully agree with your assessment above. Trouba + Dano would be very close. It would be a win-win. Nevertheless, it only happens if both sides feel they can't resign their present D-man (presently Wpg is probably leaning towards trade as best option; Ana seems to be leaning towards keep, but who knows what is really happening behind the scenes)

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
And you're ignoring the fact that if Lindholm asked for a trade, someone in the hockey world would know. There's zero chance someone of Lindholm's caliber asking for a trade doesn't get noticed by one the bigger insiders. Lindholm doesn't have to come out with a press release for people know that he wants a trade out.

You're also ignoring that the two sides keep getting closer to a deal, why would we have those reports if Lindholm is asking for a trade out? Once again, it just comes back to Jets fans believing in a conspiracy.

No, its more like Dracon really doesn't understand how these things work.

As others have been pointing out to you (but you seem to only pay attention to what you chose to), if Lindholm & his agent have asked for a trade, you can be assured that they & ANA exec would want to make sure it was kept quiet. In that scenario, unless you have some serious leaks in your org, it WILL be kept quiet.

That's precisely the way the trade request for Trouba went. They told Wpg exec in the spring that they wanted a trade, but it never came out via the media until several months later. That's the way this works bud. Media only has access to what one party or the other feels will benefit them.

In this case, neither party would benefit from making that public. So if a trade request has been made, NOBODY except a chosen few in the ANA exec would be proxy to that info.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
So...apparently Lindholm only wants 5.5 million per year? How has Bob Murray not gotten this done yet, and how does he have a job if that is what he is balking at?

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville

See, this is why its impossible to believe anything you come up with or imagine. This is pure fantasy. As if any one of Theo, Larsson, or Montour is even remotely close to Trouba! Yes, it is possible that their absolute Upside might be close to Trouba, but they are years away from reaching that level, if ever.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
So...apparently Lindholm only wants 5.5 million per year? How has Bob Murray not gotten this done yet, and how does he have a job if that is what he is balking at?

Source? And to be fair, he hasn't had even that cap space, nor does he have it now. But then again, that's due to his own actions, so yeah, he could have screwed things up even worse than most would think.

Stream*

Dec 13, 2015
your ridiculous tone and way of arguing. we can agree to disagree without getting into childish arguments and holding fans responsible for their gm´s mistakes.

I may not agree with the value some people on these boards place on lindholm, but I wont attack their team and spout nonsense because I di6sagree with them

I suggest you go back and read some of the comments that started this conversation and the poster I was responding to.

Teamoo

Jan 20, 2016
To Ana: Trouba (signed to a 2 x 3.5 bridge) + prospect (Petan/Dano/???)

To Wpg: Lindholm + Stoner

Thoughts? Flame away!

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Source? And to be fair, he hasn't had even that cap space, nor does he have it now. But then again, that's due to his own actions, so yeah, he could have screwed things up even worse than most would think.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/ducks/la-sp-ducks-canucks-20161023-snap-story.html

Lindholm reportedly seeks an extension worth about $5.5 million per season. His agent, Claude Lemieux, said in a text message Sunday that the sides have not made any progress in over a week.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
To Ana: Trouba (signed to a 2 x 3.5 bridge) + prospect (Petan/Dano/???)

To Wpg: Lindholm + Stoner

Thoughts? Flame away!

I think that's pretty fair, if Lindholm is actually on the block (which I doubt). Murray has been bad this summer, but I don't think he's "trade your best defenseman away" bad. But then again, these GM's never fail to surprise :laugh::laugh::laugh:

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
See, this is why its impossible to believe anything you come up with or imagine. This is pure fantasy. As if any one of Theo, Larsson, or Montour is even remotely close to Trouba! Yes, it is possible that their absolute Upside might be close to Trouba, but they are years away from reaching that level, if ever.

Believe he was saying Stanley was behind those guys......

UnicornONtheCOBB

Jun 29, 2016
Bob Murray's team and most his actions are built to win now, but he does some odd things that seem to counter act this assumption.

Win now moves...

Give big money to older star players (Getzlaf, Perry, Kessler)

Counteractive moves...

move out your experienced goalie and go with a guy who has never been a starter. - I'm a Gibson fan, so I don't mind this, plus they brought in an experienced back up in Bernier.

Spend all your money, up to the cap, and have none left for your best Dman (Lindholm), when you're a budget team, and not even a cap team.

Hang on to all of your young D and prospects, and not use any of them to get rid poor contracts, to make room for Hampus or to bring in other valuable pieces that could help you win the cup.

The Ducks are stacked with talent, young and old, but their best dman, who doesn't seem to have unrealistic contract demands, sits without a contract.

Not a lot things make sense here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad