Rumor: Lindholm Mega Thread: All Rumors/Proposals Go Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
When the player on the other side (in this case Lindholm) also has told his team he wants out, it just hasn't been officially announced yet.

Which is pure speculation with no factual basis behind it. Pretty much as likely as Murray telling everybody inquiring about Lindholm that they can go **** themselves while slamming the phone down.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
I keep flip flopping but I wouldn't be gutted if we did:

Trouba + Dano + 1st

For

Lindholm

That could potentially be WAY too much though.

If we're adding the first, however, I think we need a small + from Ana. They're getting a #1 RHD, so they throw in Vatannen or Montour, we take back Stoner as a cap dump.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

If we're adding the first, however, I think we need a small + from Ana. They're getting a #1 RHD, so they throw in Vatannen or Montour, we take back Stoner as a cap dump.

Bwhahahaha "small plus" "throw in Vatanen" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
:ducks

D Nikita Zadorov/Chris Bigras (one of)
RW Blake Comeau
C JT Compher
1st round pick in 2017 (top 5 protected)

:avs

D Hampus Lindholm

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

When did a top 4 RDH who can put up to 35+ points become a small add? Obvious you don't watch the Ducks at all.

I'm not saying you have to. Fairest deal I have seen.

And I explained why it's not a fair deal for the Ducks. Disagree or agree if you want, that's my opinion on it.

:ducks

D Nikita Zadorov/Chris Bigras (one of)
RW Blake Comeau
C JT Compher
1st round pick in 2017 (top 5 protected)

:avs

D Hampus Lindholm

Another bad deal for the Ducks.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Was just thinking about Trouba + Roslovic. Haven't seen Roslovic yet but hearing good things about him in the AHL. Would be tough to part with but might make us a great team.

What happens in the situation of us hypothetically acquiring Lindholm... Which of Lindholm, Enstrom or Morrissey plays on the 3rd pairing? Almost seems like the Trouba situation all over again :laugh: I imagine Morrissey would be relegated to playing with Postma, but that might make that pairing a more secure 3rd pairing than Chiarot.

If Lindholm refuses a bridge, Trouba agrees....this is a possibility IMO. Ducks are given a nice prospect to make up difference between Trouba and Lindholm. Fans don't make trades, but this one plausible as stated above.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Lindholm hypothetically wants out

Give me some fair trades.

No thanks, why would I deal with hypothetical when all the evidence we have points to contrary? Now if Lindholm actually says he wants out, then we can talk about that. But right now, people are asking for a player we have no intention of trading, so unless we're getting an overpayment, we don't trade him.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
If Lindholm refuses a bridge, Trouba agrees....this is a possibility IMO. Ducks are given a nice prospect to make up difference between Trouba and Lindholm. Fans don't make trades, but this one plausible as stated above.

I love when people make this point to try and make their one sided deal look good. You're not getting a better player, one who is not asking for a trade out for whatever reason. If Lindholm wants a trade, there would be many other teams making an offer, so the Jets would have to compete with them.

Mog

Oct 24, 2016
California
I understand this trade would realistically never happen but would the value be there for each team, while also addressing certain needs?

Anaheim trades - Lindholm, 1st (or second since the GM doesn't like to trade 1sts)

Arizona trades - OEL, Duclair, 3rd

Toronto trades - Austin Matthews

Anaheim gets- OEL (They get a great defenseman for exactly the type of money they want who is great)
Toronto gets- Lindholm, Ana 1st, Ari 3rd, Duclair (Gets a good return for Matthews, a solid #1D to play with Rielly and a good winger to play with their good young centers)
Arizona gets - Austin Matthews (Gets a hometown franchise player)

Sorry if it's bad I just wanted to see what people thought.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I understand this trade would realistically never happen but would the value be there for each team, while also addressing certain needs?

Anaheim trades - Lindholm, 1st (or second since the GM doesn't like to trade 1sts)

Anaheim gets- OEL (They get a great defenseman for exactly the type of money they want who is great)
Toronto gets- Lindholm, Ana 1st, Ari 3rd, Duclair (Gets a good return for Matthews, a solid #1D to play with Rielly and a good winger to play with their good young centers)

Less than 0% chance I would do this when we had the 1st overall pick ie. before Matthews played now even lower, he is unreal Lindholm would fix our dcore but I would rather get a lesser player or try and draft a great dman than give up Matthews

Edit: Also Matthews and Nylander are their good young centers and one gets traded away in this deal

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich

Get ready to get lynched by TML fans. Arizona fans probably won't like it as well.
Ducks can't fit OELs cap in their current roster, I think.

Definitely needs tweaking

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Way to take one little piece of the conversation & ignore everything else. he was merely one option & only a part of that option at that.

You're still the one that said a small add and put in Vatanen. Vatanen is no small add, no matter what. You made a mistake, own up to it.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Hah, what's with Jets fans and their love for conspiracy? If Lindholm wanted out, there wouldn't be talks about the money for the contracts at all. Especially wouldn't be talks about both sides getting closer to a deal. Lindholm has made it clear he wants to stay in Anaheim by not asking for a trade out, even though the season has started.

Want to know what's holding up the signing? It's the two sides still be a part in money, and our cap situation. Despres going on LTIR isn't enough to re-sign Lindholm.

You guys can keep living in a dream world where Lindholm asks for a trade only to the Jets so you can get him for cheap, but with the information we have now, he will sign in Anaheim.

1st bold - Do you know this to be 100% factual or are you guessing? Lots of trade requests aren't made public. Given his current situation with no contract I don't think it's way out there to speculate that it's possible he has asked to be moved.

2nd bold - In what world is Trouba and Dano cheap? I really don't think the gap between Trouba and Lindholm is any where near as great as you think it is, let along taking on a cap dump of 3.5? for 2 years on top of Lindholm.

Look I get it, you don't want to trade Lindholm.. I didn't want Trouba to be traded either. Not saying that Lindholm wants out or is being traded, but I don't think it's impossible given the current circumstances...

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
1st bold - Do you know this to be 100% factual or are you guessing? Lots of trade requests aren't made public. Given his current situation with no contract I don't think it's way out there to speculate that it's possible he has asked to be moved.

I feel like the ducks have done enough(or not done enough) that if he wanted out he would have spoken up about it.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

It's not good.

Matthews' value is astronomical. There is no feasible trade scenario out there involving him.

Mog

Oct 24, 2016
California
Get ready to get lynched by TML fans. Arizona fans probably won't like it as well.
Ducks can't fit OELs cap in their current roster, I think.

Definitely needs tweaking

Ah ok, thanks I was just trying to see if I could attempt to make something semi useful. Failed :shakehead Next time will be better!

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You're still the one that said a small add and put in Vatanen. Vatanen is no small add, no matter what. You made a mistake, own up to it.

Maybe he meant physically small

Granted the trade he proposed was

Trouba + Dano + 1st

For

Lindholm + stoner + Montour/vatanen

I don't think they can fit stoner lindholm and vatanen under contract tho. Lindholm + stoner or trouba and dano is prob pretty close in value... granted id never do it from a ducks perspective, adding(I'm gunna assume Montour because vatanen would be 15 mil going their way), I think a 1st doesn't get it done and honestly id rather just move Dano up too something on the lines of a Connor.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

Well seeing as he has said he and agents want to get a deal done, are getting closer to a deal, the season has already started and he still has not asked for a trade, there no reports saying Murray is shopping Lindholm; so yeah 99% chance he wants to stay.

Always the 1% chance that Murray threw a barstool at him and that makes Lindholm want to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland