Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Ryan Murray + Boone Jenner + Sonny Milano

for

Hampus Lindholm + Jakob Silfverberg + Clayton Stoner (50% retained)

Saad-Wenjnberg-Foligno
Calvert-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Hartnell-Karlsson-Silfverberg
Anderson-Gagner-Bjorkstrand

Lindholm-Jones
Werenski-Savard
Johnson-Prout/Stoner

Please stop. They've made it repeatedly clear that they're not interested in Murray as a base, and we really ought to be respectful of that. I agree that he ought to make sense for their situation, but repeatedly pushing it is not going to help anything.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Now Ducks fans, I fully expect Lindholm to sign with you guys, so this is just a proposal as a question to you guys.

Would JVR retained at 50 percent, Gardiner and a choice of any non big 4 prospect get it done? Lindholm and then Stoner as dump being the base.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
No, its more like Dracon really doesn't understand how these things work.

As others have been pointing out to you (but you seem to only pay attention to what you chose to), if Lindholm & his agent have asked for a trade, you can be assured that they & ANA exec would want to make sure it was kept quiet. In that scenario, unless you have some serious leaks in your org, it WILL be kept quiet.

That's precisely the way the trade request for Trouba went. They told Wpg exec in the spring that they wanted a trade, but it never came out via the media until several months later. That's the way this works bud. Media only has access to what one party or the other feels will benefit them.

In this case, neither party would benefit from making that public. So if a trade request has been made, NOBODY except a chosen few in the ANA exec would be proxy to that info.

Still talking out of your ass? jeez.

Of course it's possible that he asked for a trade. But let's look at this realistically:

Why ffs should Lindholm keep this request private?
The season has already started. He's losing money with every game he's without a contract.
If I were him, I would look that I get out of there asap if no contract is in sight. And how can you do this the most efficient way?

You publicly ask for a trade. Suddenly, everybody knows about your intent to leave. Suddenly a huge wave of trade offers is overwhelming Murray. Suddenly, Murray has lost a ****ton of his leverage.

So I ask you, Mr. Knows-Whats-Up: Why on earth should Lindholm remain silent about this?

Look, what happened with the Trouba situation sucks for you guys. But that's no reason to project your fears and despair onto the Lindholm situation.
Believe me, the Ducks fan base is already stressed out enough.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

Would be good if the article mentioned the term, but I'm assuming it's either 5 or 6 years. Personally I think it would be five, because anything under the Forsberg deal is good in my books. But then again, most comparables signed for six years, so it's probably that.

But that just tells you how poor of a GM Murray is. When you can't sign your best defenseman to a great deal like that... assuming that's correct, of course. But still, that's beyond bad.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
That's the only point you decided to debate? That statement is just a feel good thing they are throwing out there for the fan boys. Every day they keep getting farther apart cause if they were just 250k apart...that is 7 days of negotiations, and 250k more of cap space that the Ducks will need to clear to fit him in this year. He has already lost almost double that so how many years is it going to take to make up that cost.

Keep pretending their is no problems. Offer sheet is the way to go. Duck can't find money to resign their best dman in what 5 months....I doubt they would even read the email about the offer sheet in 7 days, never mind match it. Don't worry you will get some picks for him. They don't count against the cap for years and years.

Sigh. There's always someone who pulls this sort of temper tantrum.

"But the situation isn't entirely copacetic and it's in a market I don't approve of therefore he MUST be leaving! How dare you suggest otherwise?!"

* * *​

Of course it's possible that he asked for a trade. But let's look at this realistically:

The season has already started. He's losing money with every game he's without a contract.
If I were him, I would look that I get out of there asap if no contract is in sight. And how can you do this the most efficient way?

You publicly ask for a trade. Suddenly, everybody knows about your intent to leave. Suddenly a huge wave of trade offers is overwhelming Murray. Suddenly, Murray has lost a ****ton of his leverage.

So I ask you, Mr. Knows-Whats-Up: Why on earth should Lindholm remain silent about this?

Look, what happened with the Trouba situation sucks for you guys. But that's no reason to project your fears and despair onto the Lindholm situation.
Even moreso - why does such a hypothetical request even matter? Trade requests don't have that much of an impact on player value unless they're known to everybody (that way everybody on the market can safely go "ha ha, screw you, you'll take what we offer and like it") - and if they were known to everybody, that'd make it much more likely that we'd know via a leak. So arguably any hypothetical secret trade request is irrelevant anyways from a perspective of discussing possible trades.

Couple that with the fact that literally no credible source has suggested the "he may be traded" rumor has any basis whatsoever, and suddenly the "HIS VALUE IS LOWER CAUSE TRADE REQUEST" idea kind of loses a lot of steam.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
So...apparently Lindholm only wants 5.5 million per year? How has Bob Murray not gotten this done yet, and how does he have a job if that is what he is balking at?

If that's true Murray needs to get fired.

Oct 18, 2011
See, this is why its impossible to believe anything you come up with or imagine. This is pure fantasy. As if any one of Theo, Larsson, or Montour is even remotely close to Trouba! Yes, it is possible that their absolute Upside might be close to Trouba, but they are years away from reaching that level, if ever.

that's not what he said, read again. he is referring to the prospect

Oct 18, 2011
Now Ducks fans, I fully expect Lindholm to sign with you guys, so this is just a proposal as a question to you guys.

Would JVR retained at 50 percent, Gardiner and a choice of any non big 4 prospect get it done? Lindholm and then Stoner as dump being the base.

so 2 years of JVR, who we wont be able to re-sign, a downgrade on defense and a B prospect.

sounds legit

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
To Ana: Trouba (signed to a 2 x 3.5 bridge) + prospect (Petan/Dano/???)

To Wpg: Lindholm + Stoner

Thoughts? Flame away!

That's the problem with these mega-threads. This is the exact same proposal that was suggested a few days ago, and minor variations of it (but all involving Lindholm, Trouba & Dano) have been discussed for days.

I think this is a definite win-win proposal for sure. It provides more than enough base to work from one way or the other. Yet, if you listen to most of the Ducks posters here, there hasn't been any decent proposals thrown out that would adequately compensate them for Lindholm.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Fourand4

Yes, somehow we have no bargaining power when it comes to trading a guy we don't have to trade. Unlike the Jets who have all the bargaining power for a guy who refuses to even talk the Jets organization and wants a trade out.

I don't think you read the entire paragraph I posted. The ducks have no bargaining power no matter who they decide to trade. What the Jets are going through is irrelevent to the Ducks situation.

Last edited:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

I think you're cutting a few corners here. Look at it from another perspective.

Anaheim doesn't have cap space to take back anyone without using the LTIR benefit. It's very hard for them to get a good return in a trade for any player on the team, and then they're supposed to trade the player who carries a cap hit of zero dollars, while having more value than almost everyone else? Why the hell would Lindholm put Murray in a worse spot? It's not like the player should backstab the manager to get out. It requires co-operation.

As a player, if you truly want out, you are (=should be) wise enough to think twice before doing anything stupid. A stupid act would be going public, and massively reducing Murray's leverage: everyone knows that your player wants out, and you're strapped in terms of what you can get back for him. If you do that, you're putting the man who's meant to get you out of Anaheim under unnecessary pressure, and reducing the assets that he's getting for you, which means that you're reducing the chances that the GM will trade you. However, if you keep it behind closed doors, your GM has more time and options when it comes to either trading you, or making other moves to help his case, and most importantly, your case as well. That's the reason why you don't want to go public immediately. Just look how much Drouin got from his attempt to leave Tampa behind.

Now, if December is around the corner and Lindholm is still unsigned, then it's probably wiser to try speeding things up a bit. That's what Trouba and Overhardt did; they just did it before the season started, to avoid losing paychecks (what a f**king success that was). Is it going to go that far? Who knows.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
See, this is why its impossible to believe anything you come up with or imagine. This is pure fantasy. As if any one of Theo, Larsson, or Montour is even remotely close to Trouba! Yes, it is possible that their absolute Upside might be close to Trouba, but they are years away from reaching that level, if ever.

You realize I was talking about Stanley right?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
No, its more like Dracon really doesn't understand how these things work.

As others have been pointing out to you (but you seem to only pay attention to what you chose to), if Lindholm & his agent have asked for a trade, you can be assured that they & ANA exec would want to make sure it was kept quiet. In that scenario, unless you have some serious leaks in your org, it WILL be kept quiet.

That's precisely the way the trade request for Trouba went. They told Wpg exec in the spring that they wanted a trade, but it never came out via the media until several months later. That's the way this works bud. Media only has access to what one party or the other feels will benefit them.

In this case, neither party would benefit from making that public. So if a trade request has been made, NOBODY except a chosen few in the ANA exec would be proxy to that info.

Screw me for paying attention to the information we actually have, not some made up theory that Lindholm wants out, even though all the information we have points to the opposite.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
You mean like Montour, Larson, and Theodore? They can't even make it with your best dman sitting at home watching TV.

Really? Could have sworn Larsson played a couple of games, and Theodore was just on the ice against Vancouver.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

I'd recommend you read the post you responded to again.

Except pay attention this time.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Pretty sure that Overhardt stated that Trouba wont do a bridge deal period. And i don't see Trouba doing a 2 year bridge deal at $3.5 million it will take more then that.

Source? I don't think Overhardt and Trouba have spoken a word of truth about the whole situation, so I'm genuinely interested to see this.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Pretty sure that Overhardt stated that Trouba wont do a bridge deal period. And i don't see Trouba doing a 2 year bridge deal at $3.5 million it will take more then that.

I've followed this pretty closely and don't recall seeing or hearing anything from Trouba's camp suggesting they would never consider a bridge deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->