Pre-Game Talk: Lightning @ Leafs, Thursday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
so just curious, does non regulation loss + a islanders loss = a clinch. I know we hold the tiebreak in row that way, or is it we just need a win, regardless

If the Leafs get a point and the Islanders lose, it's over.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
If the Leafs get a point and the Islanders lose, it's over.

Nope,if the Leafs go to the shootout and the Isles lose it's over.

If Tampa beats us in OT then they can still tie ROW, h2h would be tied, and we'd have to manage to hold onto our GD advantage.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
That was pre-Keon era. We have outlived the curses

Let's remind people of our good luck, most of which we created

Got ride of Reimer * who was in charge of an epic loss and epic collapse of playoff*
Keon agreed to put the differences aside
Won the 1st overall pick
Got lucky with Marner over Strome ( at least so far)
Got rid of Kessel, got Anderson and Kappy instead
Got Babcock
Zaitsev signs with us

We are in a place in rebuild where it took the Oilers 10 years.

We got this. We are winning tomorrow. It won't be easy but we got this.

Am I the only one that thinks Mitch will be the far superior player?

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
That was pre-Keon era. We have outlived the curses

Let's remind people of our good luck, most of which we created

Got ride of Reimer * who was in charge of an epic loss and epic collapse of playoff*
Keon agreed to put the differences aside
Won the 1st overall pick
Got lucky with Marner over Strome ( at least so far)
Got rid of Kessel, got Anderson and Kappy instead
Got Babcock
Zaitsev signs with us

We are in a place in rebuild where it took the Oilers 10 years.

We got this. We are winning tomorrow. It won't be easy but we got this.

Reimer? the only goalie in the last 10+ years to single-handedly get the leafs into the playoffs, taking them to game 7, only for his team in front of him to forget how to play hockey after being up 4-1?! Are we thinking of the same goalie? You mean James Reimer, the goalie who put up a better single-season save% than Ed Belfour, Curtis Joseph, Felix Potin, and Grant Fuhr in his time as a Leaf!

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Nope,if the Leafs go to the shootout and the Isles lose it's over.

If Tampa beats us in OT then they can still tie ROW, h2h would be tied, and we'd have to manage to hold onto our GD advantage.

The key is the leafs just need a point against TB.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Without a doubt biggest game of the season. Although I will say I have a nervous gut feeling. Leafs have proved a lot of us wrong including myself big time this season with those wins in Carolina we never get, 2 wins in Buffalo, winning vs Columbus on March 22nd was huge, sweeping Boston this year was huge and something I think none of us would have predicted, and even that win against Nashville with Freddy standing on his head after Forsberg walked in and sniped. In years past, the Leafs lose these games, but thank God that's over. Here's to hoping the Leafs prove the gut feels (including mine) wrong tomorrow night! GO LEAFS GO!!!!!

Legendary

Sep 1, 2016
So if Tampa beats us in a shootout they cant go ahead of us but can still technically catch Ottawa.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
lol the people who make that statement weren't watching the 2012-2013 NHL season

people who are making that statement did watch the 2012-2013 season. there was no way that team was making the playoffs in the 82 season. and i erally think we need to let it go because the best team this franchise has had in 10 years can clinch tomorrow. so let's stop being wistful about mediocre talent.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
people who are making that statement did watch the 2012-2013 season. there was no way that team was making the playoffs in the 82 season
yeah not like they dominated even the best teams that season

not like many teams hated playing the leafs for their toughness

nope leafs were going to collapse the remaining 40 games

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
It's the wait that really sucks.

I mean good for the team they could use a day's rest. It's a game where after the feeling will either be insane excitement or insane worry.

The two extremes really are the only thing out there. Here's hoping for the positive result. They can certainly do it. Here's hoping they come out on fire and ready to just score all the goals against the Lightning. Matthews can hit 40+ Everyone on the cusp of 20 can just blast past that. Just make it a really fun night.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I feel like biggest game of the year is actually appropriate here.

pls win. Lets lay cooper and co to rest.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Reimer? the only goalie in the last 10+ years to single-handedly get the leafs into the playoffs, taking them to game 7, only for his team in front of him to forget how to play hockey after being up 4-1?! Are we thinking of the same goalie? You mean James Reimer, the goalie who put up a better single-season save% than Ed Belfour, Curtis Joseph, Felix Potin, and Grant Fuhr in his time as a Leaf!

This stat sucks. Bernier and Reimer are 22nd and 23rd respectively ALL TIME in SV%, better than Brodeur and Roy (for example purposes). Goal scoring is down league wide, goalie equipment is larger than it was back then and D-men can actually skate nowadays.

yeah not like they dominated even the best teams that season

not like many teams hated playing the leafs for their toughness

nope leafs were going to collapse the remaining 40 games

:laugh: The Leafs were already trending downwards. If the season had been even 2 weeks longer, they were out of a playoff spot.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Said this 10 times already, but this is the biggest game of the season. Have to treat it like that, a lot riding on this games outcoming

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
This stat sucks. Bernier and Reimer are 22nd and 23rd respectively ALL TIME in SV%, better than Brodeur and Roy (for example purposes). Goal scoring is down league wide, goalie equipment is larger than it was back then and D-men can actually skate nowadays.

:laugh: The Leafs were already trending downwards. If the season had been even 2 weeks longer, they were out of a playoff spot.

heck if the season had been a few days longer they were out.
but whatever.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
What do you, Leafs fans, believe will happen tomorrow night?

There can only be two possibilities.

A. hit the PANIC BUTTON!!!!!

B. another guarantee win night.

Have not decided yet. Personally, I would like to just go with the reflexive Leafs reaction, and hit that PANIC BUTTON!!!!! - because it feels goods. :cry:

Yeah, it feels goods. :yo:

:naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad