Pre-Game Talk: Lightning @ Leafs, Thursday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If Boyle can't go, I hope one of Leivo or Sosh can.

Have Komarov center the 4th line for a night.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I would like to see a line up change if our players are healthy

1- No Smith. I don't care if you have to put a winger at center but no Smith
2- Sosh back in. Kappy will be good in the future. But he has looked out of place especially when the game gets physical. We need more sandpaper.

Call up the Goat. Don't put Smith in there please. Kappy will be fine vs. Tampa.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
We have to take care of business with Tampa because I don't think the Sens are winning another game.

The Isles could win out very easily.

I have faith in Freddy. Team just plays differently in front of him. Any other year I would have worried or worried more. I hate Babs decision sometimes ( just one really, Hyman) but he'll prepare his team

Only player I think that really gets the important is Brown. He had a rough outing last night but he to me is the wildcard. The kid just gets it. I was so skeptical of him. But last month he's been playing like a vet. I wish they put Leivo in again. We could really use some size along the boards

I hope the fans gets behind the Leafs. For fans that hasn't seen playoff in a while or consistently we are really no shows. I wish ACC was louder, so the players knows what's in stake, that the city is behind them

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Definitely a huge game for the Leafs. They have to show up and take this one. A good bounce back showing at home is something they can definitely do. Just win and nothing else matters around them.

Hopefully Boyle can get back for this one. Obviously a nice motivation for him to help put away the team that traded him away. But also he's just an important fourth line presence. If he can't though...yeah Gauthier. He has room to develop, but he's a better option than Smith.

Just win. Tampa has played played well over the last stretch (minus the last game), but so have we. Just have to come through.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
If Boyle can't go, I hope one of Leivo or Sosh can.

Have Komarov center the 4th line for a night.

I like the idea of moving Komarov to play as the 4th line centre and hopefully Soshnikov is ready to play the R/W if not put Brown on the 4th line R/W, then bring up Rychel to take Komarov's L/W position on the Kadri Line.

Rychel gives us a little more Starch on the Kadri Line, Kapanen may work better on a faster line with Kadri and Rychel

Rychel/Kadri/Brown-Kapanen
Hyman/Matthews/Nylander
JVR/Bozak/Marner
Martin/Komarov/Soshnikov-Brown

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
We are Leaf fans. Deep down, we all know we're losing in regulation tomorrow. :laugh:

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
We are Leaf fans. Deep down, we all know we're losing in regulation tomorrow. :laugh:

I've been conditioned as a Leaf fan to hope for the best and expect the worst. I always expect the worst with the Leafs, but now I just get pleasantly surprised.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
they didn't skate today, so nopers.

and I believe, that we will clinch tomorrow.
and. Matty will hit 40.

Thanks.

Hate Thursday games, can't remember the last time I've missed two games in a row.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Beer league again at 11-something pm?

I wish, then I could watch the game.
We play at the same time as the leafs this week, 7:30. I'll be at the bar for the last half of the game I suppose.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
This game is playoff hockey already. They can take their fate into their own hands by playing hard and smart or let other teams decide for them by mailing it in.

My bet is that's it's gonna be a helluva game.

Hoping for Matthews to step up bigtime and score his 40th but more importantly, the whole team shows up and plays hard/smart.

Any news on Boyle? He ok? Available for the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad