Pre-Game Talk: Lightning @ Leafs, Thursday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Don't think I need to express the importance of this game for either team. A win solidifies us a playoff spot, a regulation loss could open a can of worms. I think the boys will be ready and will come out swinging.

2 spots remain open with 4 teams left to determine whos in -

LIGHTNING Remaining schedule:
@TOR
@MTL
vsBUF

ISLANDERS Remaining schedule:
@CAR
@NJD
vsOTT

OTTAWA Remaining schedule:
@BOS
vsNYR
@NYI

LEAFS Remaining schedule:
vsTBL
vsPIT
vsCBJ

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
A rested Freddy Andersen? Team will need to not show up again to lose.

Though, you just know Stamkos is coming back and will score 3

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Gonna be a tough one. After the last time we played them, they will want revenge for sure.

bluumax

Mar 7, 2008
This Tampa team is tried and tested under pressure and if there's one team that could win their last three, its them.
However, we have the capacity to light it up, so i just hope to god Babs can get these guys prepped for a grind.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Gonna be a tough one. After the last time we played them, they will want revenge for sure.

Don't care what they want. If we aren't more desperate to win this game, something is wrong with them. Win and you are in.

Clinch at home with a statement win in Game #80 just like Boston did.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
This Tampa team is tried and tested under pressure and if there's one team that could win their last three, its them.
However, we have the capacity to light it up, so i just hope to god Babs can get these guys prepped for a grind.

Not taking them lightly, but they did lose 4-0 last night with their backs against against the wall. Let's not make them into too much of a juggernaut.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
We want to clinch tomorrow. I don't want the PIT and CLB games to be must wins. Like bluumax said Tampa is the one team that has the experience to win out their last 3 and I also think Stamkos returns tomorrow to give them an extra boost. We have to be ready. This game will tell us a lot about our team, because it is definitely going to have a playoff feel.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
If anyone told us that we would have a home game on April 6th vs Tampa Bay and if we won we would clinch a playoff spot, every single one of us would have jumped at that chance.

So, imagine how the players feel, I mean as much as we are fans, this means a whole lot more to them.

So I expect a solid effort top to bottom, and I think if the players can do that they are more than likely to win.

This is gonna be awesome!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
We want to clinch tomorrow. I don't want the PIT and CLB games to be must wins. Like bluumax said Tampa is the one team that has the experience to win out their last 3 and I also think Stamkos returns tomorrow to give them an extra boost. We have to be ready. This game will tell us a lot about our team, because it is definitely going to have a playoff feel.

I hope Stamkos returns and has the best seats in the house to watch us clinch. Perfect scenario.

Washington was a game we could afford to lose. This one, I'm not sure we can afford to drop if we want an actual shot at winning a round.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
If there's anybody to go 0-3 when the seasons on the line, it's the Leafs. But with that said TB and NYI actually need to go 3-0 to pass us at this point if we were to even go 0-3.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
If there's anybody to go 0-3 when the seasons on the line, it's the Leafs. But with that said TB and NYI actually need to go 3-0 to pass us at this point if we were to even go 0-3.

It's still unsettling. Until it's done, all those memories of failure linger.

Odds are we get it done, but... lets get it done.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Thursday will be an interesting day. If the Leafs win they are in and into 3rd, then the winner of the Boston/Ottawa game will be 2nd. and the loser the 2nd WC spot. Even if the game goes to OT we are still in 3rd as long as we beat Tampa.

If we lose in OT things get tricky as Tampa would have a chance to tie us in points and ROW. The season series would be tied as well as it would be 5 points earned each (both would have 2-1-1 records). Which mean it would come down to goal differential. We currently sit at +11 and TB is at 0. So it would required blowouts by both teams in the last two games.

NYI can also catch us, again if we only get the one point against Tampa and NYI win out we would need them to have one of those wins come via the shootout other wise they would hold the ROW advantage (were at 38 they are at 36 with three games left each). We would hold the H2H advantage though as the first 'extra' home game is the 5-1 loss to them so we would have 3 points won vs. their 2.

Bottom line...win one game and we're in, that's the easiest path.

My ideal scenario tonight? We beat Tampa and Ottawa beats Boston in regulation.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
C8n_7WbXUAEjafY.jpg:large

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Thursday will be an interesting day. If the Leafs win they are in and into 3rd, then the winner of the Boston/Ottawa game will be 2nd. and the loser the 2nd WC spot. Even if the game goes to OT we are still in 3rd as long as we beat Tampa.

If we lose in OT things get tricky as Tampa would have a chance to tie us in points and ROW. The season series would be tied as well as it would be 5 points earned each (both would have 2-1-1 records). Which mean it would come down to goal differential. We currently sit at +11 and TB is at 0. So it would required blowouts by both teams in the last two games.

NYI can also catch us, again if we only get the one point against Tampa and NYI win out we would need them to have one of those wins come via the shootout other wise they would hold the ROW advantage (were at 38 they are at 36 with three games left each). We would hold the H2H advantage though as the first 'extra' home game is the 5-1 loss to them so we would have 3 points won vs. their 2.

Bottom line...win one game and we're in, that's the easiest path.

My ideal scenario tonight? We beat Tampa and Ottawa beats Boston in regulation.

Tomorrow night! You want the Leafs to get killed again playing 3 in 3 nights?

Perfect post, best way to divisional spot and clinching is with a win. We haven't relied on out of town all season long and shouldn't start now. I'd rather not stumble into the playoffs after going 11-2-2. I'd be slightly disappointed if we face Washington with great odds to finish in the division despite the loss last night.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Tomorrow night! You want the Leafs to get killed again playing 3 in 3 nights?

Perfect post, best way to divisional spot and clinching is with a win. We haven't relied on out of town all season long and shouldn't start now. I'd rather not stumble into the playoffs after going 11-2-2. I'd be slightly disappointed if we face Washington with great odds to finish in the division despite the loss last night.

:laugh: yes tomorrow night not tonight.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Great test for the kids to see what it's like going against a team that's in a do or die situation.

They better start on time, come prepared with speed, and Andy best be sharp

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Huge game. I hate cheering for the Habs and Sens but we really need them to beat Tampa and the Isles. I have hope in our boys though!

You won't have to cheer for then if the Leafs win tomorrow. I'd be cheering for Ottawa to beat Boston though.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I would like to see a line up change if our players are healthy

1- No Smith. I don't care if you have to put a winger at center but no Smith
2- Sosh back in. Kappy will be good in the future. But he has looked out of place especially when the game gets physical. We need more sandpaper.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
We have to take care of business with Tampa because I don't think the Sens are winning another game.

The Isles could win out very easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad