Pre-Game Talk: Lightning @ Leafs, Thursday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It will be very cruel if Leafs ended up losing the remaining games in regulation and TB/NYI won out. It can't happen. We've been through enough already. Adding that to our roster of heartbreak would be very cruel.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
It will be very cruel if Leafs ended up losing the remaining games in regulation and TB/NYI won out. It can't happen. We've been through enough already. Adding that to our roster of heartbreak would be very cruel.

That was pre-Keon era. We have outlived the curses

Let's remind people of our good luck, most of which we created

Got ride of Reimer * who was in charge of an epic loss and epic collapse of playoff*
Keon agreed to put the differences aside
Won the 1st overall pick
Got lucky with Marner over Strome ( at least so far)
Got rid of Kessel, got Anderson and Kappy instead
Got Babcock
Zaitsev signs with us

We are in a place in rebuild where it took the Oilers 10 years.

We got this. We are winning tomorrow. It won't be easy but we got this.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Leafs know how big the game tomorrow is, Im sure there going to come out flying wanting to clinch the playoffs

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
I would like to see a line up change if our players are healthy

1- No Smith. I don't care if you have to put a winger at center but no Smith
2- Sosh back in. Kappy will be good in the future. But he has looked out of place especially when the game gets physical. We need more sandpaper.

Kapanen has looked great. We won the first 4 games with him in the lineup.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007

Got ride of Reimer * who was in charge of an epic loss and epic collapse of playoff*
Won the 1st overall pick
Got Babcock
Zaitsev signs with us

Then there was that other former Leaf who apparently put a hex on the team, now lifted.

This version of the Leafs walked into Buffalo when it mattered most and slew that dragon. I believe they've got this and will go into the playoffs through the front door.:yo:

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Going to be a beat down in Toronto tomorrow.

If I was Vasilevsky I would pull a Rask and try and sit out tomorrow. I can see the Leafs being fired up and throwing 40+ shots on net. These young guns live for the pressure, all three of our franchise rookies are big game players and they will show it tomorrow. Hope Stamkos got his seat in the press box to watch this one.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
I have such a bad feeling about this. Tampa has been rolling so hard and have so much to prove. We've been rolling about as well but my gut says that we're not playing with the same kind of chip on our shoulder.

Argh..

Keato

Apr 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Did the Leafs practice today, and was there any update on Boyle? Did a cursory Google search but didn't see anything.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010

Why does everyone keep bringing this up as if it's a strong possibility. You people are ridiculous.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
I have such a bad feeling about this. Tampa has been rolling so hard and have so much to prove. We've been rolling about as well but my gut says that we're not playing with the same kind of chip on our shoulder.

Argh..

They aren't even playing well lately. 5 - 4 - 1 in their last 10 definitely isn't rolling.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
if leafs win then they clinch a playoff spot, if leafs lose and tampa also loses then they will clinch aswell!!

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
I don't know if any one mentioned this yet. But Toronto is going to play Tampa twice tomorrow : Leafs and Jays

Last edited:

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario

Won the 1st overall pick
Got Babcock
Zaitsev signs with us

That game 7 was on Randy, not Reimer.

He essentially iced his bottom six for the entire final 10 minutes.

McClement saw more ice time that game than Kadri FFS, who was parked on the bench to watch it all unfold, after combining for 2 with Kessel, to put our team up 4-1.

Other than that I agree with your post.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Bring it to OT please, and have Penguins beat the Jackets, so that they're essentially locked into their spots in the metro so they don't try against us

should be able to win 1 of the last 2 if that happens

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
so just curious, does non regulation loss + a islanders loss = a clinch. I know we hold the tiebreak in row that way, or is it we just need a win, regardless

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Did the Leafs practice today, and was there any update on Boyle? Did a cursory Google search but didn't see anything.

I haven't heard any updates either.

He's been pretty underwhelming in my opinion anyways, was expecting more when he came over from TB.

Anyways, I just hope they do not bring Smith back in the lineup if Brian can't play.. please no Ben!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad