Post-Game Talk: Lightning at Rangers - Game 7 - Lightning win series 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
probably had nothing to do with the need for goals. but seriously, can't wrap my head around why Glass who has been so spectacular was the only forward whose ice time was dropped in a game like this.

definitely wouldn't have played out the same with another forward AV doesn't trust to score goals or prevent them in the lineup.

Glass was spectacular?

Were you being sarcastic?

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Switch goalies and Tampa loses the series because they forfeit every game as they are over the cap.

Actually, switch goalies and Tampa doesn't make the playoffs due to forfeiting games for being over the cap.

You understood, but deflected.

eyedoc

May 1, 2015
Can we close this topic?
We can create a new topic with similar like 'Team evaluation 2015'.

My assessment of the team... My neighbors Great Dane woke up this morning and deposited a huge fresh steaming pile of dog **** in his front yard. It was much more impressive that what the Rangers put on the ice in Games 5 an 7.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Even worse stat: Rangers had zero shots on goal in the last 6:50 of the 3rd period.

And I think there were 8 minutes in the first where they didn't register a shot. Impressive. 15 minutes of 0 offensive prowess.

BRB, I have to conjure up a way where Lundqvist is to blame.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
You understood, but deflected.

Create a real hypothetical that takes into account the cap and maybe you'd get a real answer. I don't live in a magical world where the cap doesn't exist.

Also, I'd say Tampa wins in 6. Not a sweep. And that's in your fantasy world where th cap doesn't exist.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
The question that has to be asked, and HAS TO BE ANSWERED, is how do the Rangers score 17 goals in three games in Tampa (which is an NHL record for road goals in a Conference Final), and only score 4 goals in 4 games on home ice?

There's something that led to Tampa's strategy.

Tampa's strategy is NOT uncommon for other teams that come into MSG either.

As much as everyone makes it out to be a "cheap excuse", unless MSG does something about the condition of the ice, ESPECIALLY come April and May, the Rangers are going to continually struggle at home. It really doesn't matter if the Rangers were to get snipers and finishers. If the puck won't settle down, scoring is at a premium. I don't understand why people who have claimed to have watched the game for decades don't see this.

They could also go out and get 12 Jason Chimera third line ***-clowns with speed who don't give a rat's *** about possession, only care about clogging up the ice and then quick transitions off a "turnover" from tape to tape pass that explodes off a stick. Try to win every game 2-1 with 19 shots on goal. Yay, welcome to 1999.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Last night's result was disappointing as they were set up to win this year, I wish I could say I was surprised. Tampa Bay was the better team through most of the series and Bishop outplayed Lundqvist for the most part, especially when he had to. The Ranger offence was feast or famine; the defensive coverage was atrocious at times and Lundqvist let in some shaky goals. When you lose 3 home games in a series, you don't deserve to win anyway.

This will be discussed in the roster thread, but this team needs changes. There are too many NTC's and NMC's on this team and few early draft picks. I hated the MSL and Yandle trades when they happened and I hate them more now. I hope Sather retires.

Another wasted opportunity for Lundqvist and the Rangers. 1 Stanley Cup win in 75 years, which would be among the worst records in the 4 North American team sports leagues outside of the Chicago Cubs, who haven't won a World Series in over 100 years (1908?)

Bishop outplayed Lundqvist?

Did Bishop have a single difficult save in Game 7?

Amazingly, I am not using hyperbole.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

Bishop had a few flurries in the 3rd. Hard to say he outplayed Hank, but not giving up that weak ass first goal sort of pushes him over. Hank faced tougher shots, but he also let in a weak ass dribbler.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
The Rangers were outplayed the majority of the playoffs. They should have lost to Washington. They got what they deserved. AV killed the offense of the 4th line all year with his stupid loyalty to Glass. The organizations lack of commitment to develop McIlrath led to them signing Boyle which was a waste of 4.5 million for 2 years.

Lack of commitment to develop Mcilrath means what exactly?

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
A gutless no show in a game 7 SC deciding game?

They had no business playing McDonagh who was a train wreck the majority of playoffs anyway.

Shut out back to back games by Bishop? Seriously? Everyone on the Rangers let themselves and the fan base down.

They didn't even try yesterday. No one stepped up. They lost like cowards.

This coach is a well dressed fraud. His idiocy is being masked by our goalie.

They tried.

They have no cowards.

They were outplayed, something that some fans can never process.

eyedoc

May 1, 2015

The only aspect Bishop outplayed Lundqvist is in winning the series. In regards to play on the ice...Lundqvist outplayed Bishop. He made many more spectacular saved than Bishop. But who cares. The Rangers had a **** show in front of Lundqvist and TB and a competent offense in front of Bishop.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
So much psychoanalysis going on by so many here.

Perhaps the fact that Tampa was more talented, especially at the forward position, was the determining factor.

This was a series of adjustments... The Rangers made some but didn't follow through... Goalie adjustment came after back to back 6 GA outings... team reverted back to skating on the perimeter after each win.

Kreider had a few chances to drive the net last night and he didn't.. Hagelin.. same thing.. Nash...

Their top 6 can beat guys one v one.. The Rangers needed to clamp down, and they did during the wins... but too many times got into their run and gun game.. and that cost a few games

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Create a real hypothetical that takes into account the cap and maybe you'd get a real answer. I don't live in a magical world where the cap doesn't exist.

Also, I'd say Tampa wins in 6. Not a sweep. And that's in your fantasy world where th cap doesn't exist.

I will make the hypothetical direct and simple. In a world with no salary cap, where the two teams switched goalies, what would have been the outcome?

Secondly, have you ever witnessed a series where a goalie had less to do with the outcome than Bishop in this series? T ampa's defensive effort in Games 5 and 7 reminded me of Canada's last time around.

Thirdly, how many difficult saves did Bishop have in this game? I counted none, but perhaps I missed one?

buckmaster

Feb 22, 2009
I agree. Just awful.

Business is about results, St Louis trade is a complete disaster. Had the Rangers won the cup it would have been acceptable, however now that the Rangers gave up 2 first round picks for little to no results is unacceptable. Think about where the Rangers would be now and in the future had they just resigned Starlman and never made that trade for Marty. Could have paid him what Boyle got and saved 2 picks. If the Rangers decide to bring Marty back, it better be minimum cost. Cannot begin to explain how frustrating this is and will be going forward. I don't blame the players, boys played hard and have good core. Only get so many chances and feel we just burned one. Love to the team, can't stand Sather. Time for him to go.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
I will make the hypothetical direct and simple. In a world with no salary cap, where the two teams switched goalies, what would have been the outcome?

Secondly, have you ever witnessed a series where a goalie had less to do with the outcome than Bishop in this series? T ampa's defensive effort in Games 5 and 7 reminded me of Canada's last time around.

Thirdly, how many difficult saves did Bishop have in this game? I counted none, but perhaps I missed one?

There was one where he was out of the crease. Not that it should matter as you had 3 Lightning players sandwiched in goal.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Bishop had a few flurries in the 3rd. Hard to say he outplayed Hank, but not giving up that weak ass first goal sort of pushes him over. Hank faced tougher shots, but he also let in a weak ass dribbler.

From what I could see, he didn't see the puck. If so, the speed of the shot is irrelevant. If he saw it, you're right.

However, I saw no big saves from Bishop.

You continue to maintain it is about team while singling out Hank.

It's difficult to take you too seriously when you state that Glass was great in these playoffs while complaining about the goaltender.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad