Post-Game Talk: Lightning at Rangers - Game 7 - Lightning win series 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
You do realize that's because people disagree with that and then I respond to them, correct? I mean, you can't seriously not grasp that.

Still awaiting your clarification on your maintaining that Glass was great in the playoffs. I am just responding to you. You seriously can't grasp that?

eyedoc

May 1, 2015
I actually want TB to win the Cup this year. As much as it would pain me to see Callahan hoist the cup, I dont want a hungry TB next year. I want a TB that partied their ***** off in the off season and are not hungry. Gives the Rangers a better chance next season.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
It is and was the whole team that came out with a weak performance. Even Henrik, who was playing unreal up to the point of the incredibly weak and back breaking goal.

He wasn't the main problem though. Not even close. Nor was the people's piñata Dan Girardi who everyone on here likes to beat on. Klein, Staal, and McDonagh played far worse this entire playoffs.

And then, ofcourse, the elephant in the room... The offense, which was not putrid last night, but something much more disappointing in my eyes.... Meek. They lost in the way none of us could have believed we'd witness. We could have lived with an effort and mistakes. They played conservative and without confidence. Tampa was there for the taking and no one did anything about it.

Somehow this is the story every year, this team needs to generate more offense.

Zucc being hurt didn't help, but it isn't an excuse. Where did Hagelin go all playoffs? Hayes disappeared after game 2. MSL was gone all playoffs.

Great season boys, but that game.... Something I hope to never have to see again.

Well said. All I got at this point.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Still awaiting your clarification on your maintaining that Glass was great in the playoffs. I am just responding to you. You seriously can't grasp that?

I and others have posted a number of times our thoughts on this. The entire 4th line was much better in the playoffs. Hell, there was even a Tweet posted earlier from a numbers guy referencing his metrics that still said his eye test went against the numbers.

The 4th line was very effective. Surprisingly so. After an awful regular season, Glass stepped up in the playoffs. I never thought I'd see the day. But most on here have acknowledged it. Even a number of the folks that hated his regular season play (I hated most of it although he did step up towards the playoff push).

I like the nice deflection when I point out the obvious that you clearly missed, though. It was pretty funny.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Pretty much the entire forward corps. Name one who had a good game or made an impact.
Effort does not equal impact.

If you believe no forward put forth enough effort, the obvious question is why?

Do you think they threw the game?

Do you think they didn't care about winning?

Is there a third possibility?

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I and others have posted a number of times our thoughts on this. The entire 4th line was much better in the playoffs. Hell, there was even a Tweet posted earlier from a numbers guy referencing his metrics that still said his eye test went against the numbers.

The 4th line was very effective. Surprisingly so. After an awful regular season, Glass stepped up in the playoffs. I never thought I'd see the day. But most on here have acknowledged it. Even a number of the folks that hated his regular season play (I hated most of it although he did step up towards the playoff push).

I like the nice deflection when I point out the obvious that you clearly missed, though. It was pretty funny.

What's funny is maintaing that Glass was great and that Lundqvist was deficient.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
What's funny is maintaing that Glass was great and that Lundqvist was deficient.

I don't think that Hank was deficient most of the playoffs. I think he had two otherworldly series to open the playoffs. He had some very good games against Tampa.

Furthermore, great for a 4th liner is much different than great for a superstar. You don't seriously believe that I use the term interchangeably. You can't possibly believe that.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
And sometimes your team just hands it to them.

Tampa out played them by a large margin significant portions of this entire series. Game 5 and 7 were not even close.

The saddest of sad is that Bishop got two shutouts that he barely earned, and now everyone will be talking about how great his shutouts were. Henrik deserved shutouts all post-season and got none. It says more about the defenses of both teams than it does the goaltenders.

The Rangers defense is not as good as people think it is, even fully healthy. That was apparent all post-season.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I would've much rather seen them lose 7-1.

Instead, they lost without offense and on an awful goal. UGH.

Yet, you fail to compliment Henrik on how he kept it from being completely out of control for the first two periods. Tampa bay could have easily had 3 or 4 goals. I guess you would have preferred this happening than how it eventually unfolded.

But you'll still keep talking about the 'soft goal' he gave up in a game where we scored none.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
chosen, would the Rangers win if Tanner Glass was the goalie and Hank was a forward? Equally as relevant as your question before.

No because the magnitude in which Glass would be terrible in net would not be made up for by the magnitude in which Lundqvist would be awesome at scoring.

You need at least an average goaltender. Glass is a well below average player.

Nov 5, 2007
Jersey City
I actually want TB to win the Cup this year. As much as it would pain me to see Callahan hoist the cup, I dont want a hungry TB next year. I want a TB that partied their ***** off in the off season and are not hungry. Gives the Rangers a better chance next season.

Isnt it sad that we have to wish for external circumstances so that our team can win?

Yet, you fail to compliment Henrik on how he kept it from being completely out of control for the first two periods. Tampa bay could have easily had 3 or 4 goals.

Which would be fine if we had a consistent offense that could put up 5 on Ben ****ing Bishop. BEN. BISHOP.

Look at all the goalies that could be going into the finals. Bishop, Crawford, Andersen....nowhere NEAR the quality of Hank, and theyre they are.

I'm not placing sole blame on Hank, but this series he played just as poorly as anyone else.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
We have Joe Thornton coaching.

Joe Thornton has been to the SCF twice in his career? C'mon, Jon, you're better than that. AV has done a very good job with this team. This is still a top of the conference team right now. There are tweaks that need to occur. But, SJ/JT? Really?

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
I wouldn't have went to the game if I knew this fact ahead of time. Awful decision by AV to go 11/7 for the first time this season during the biggest game of the playoffs.

Not much of a choice. His only other option is to sit McDonagh. Rough spot to lose your top defenseman during warm ups.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
It's not surprising that that the Rangers couldn't beat Tampa in the ECF and advance to the finals for consecutive seasons. In general, it's no easy feat for a team to appear in the finals in back-to-back seasons. The last teams to do it were Pitt and Detroit in 2009. And Tampa just isn't a good matchup for this team.

That being said, it would be much easier to stomach last night's loss had I felt that they were throwing everything on net and giving Bishop all he could handle. But instead, in both Games 5 and 7, they didn't test Bishop enough and approached the offensive part of game with far too much hesitancy and not enough decisiveness.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
So much empty talk from the players before this game. How can you show up like that in a Game 7 and totally embarrass yourselves in front of a home crowd?

Henrik was the only one that put his working boots on. There's only so much you can do when you're playing behind dead ****ing stiffs.

And I love the idea of having McD play with a broken foot too. Awesome gameplan coach.

What a sad ****ing ending.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Did anybody wake up seriously depressed? Cause I did.

A little bit. For me the coping mechanism kicked in 30 mins into the game last night when they were just skating around the perimeter.

The odds of winning went down when I saw that they decided to play that way.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
And sometimes your team just hands it to them.

And it sounds so likely that the team that went to the finals last year, won the presidents and bounced back from a 3-1 deficit lost because they didn't try hard enough or want it enough, right? It couldn't be that they were playing an elite team with elite coaching.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I don't think that Hank was deficient most of the playoffs. I think he had two otherworldly series to open the playoffs. He had some very good games against Tampa.

Furthermore, great for a 4th liner is much different than great for a superstar. You don't seriously believe that I use the term interchangeably. You can't possibly believe that.

Great is great, actually, but using your definition, what was great about Glass's performance in the playoffs?

I could understand saying he didn't hurt the team, but other than that, what did he contribute? I could understand saying Dominic Moore was very good when used as a fourth-liner, but Glass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille