Post-Game Talk: Lightning 5, Oilers 2

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Lots of head on swivel... and not in a good way unfortunately

I noticed Yawney changed up the d-pairings in the third period because he had had enough of that specific pairing, lol.

At least Yawney is smart enough to know when certain players aren't playing well.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Either way we cant lose haha

Yup, it's good for us. If he gets suspended it'll get press across the league and some guys will be like "shit, Lucic is crazy, he could have killed that guy", do it NHL, suspend him. We only stand to gain.

Reactions: Mez

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I noticed Yawney changed up the d-pairings in the third period because he had had enough of that specific pairing, lol.

At least Yawney is smart enough to know when certain players aren't playing well.
What were the pairings? I wasn't paying much attention.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I expected to go 2-2 on this road trip. Looking at the rosters I think losing to Washington and TB, back-to-back is not ideal, but acceptable; losing to Florida is not acceptable.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I expected to go 2-2 on this road trip. Looking at the rosters I think losing to Washington and TB, back-to-back is not ideal, but acceptable; losing to Florida is not acceptable.
I think we lose to Florida in OT and get run over by Colorado.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Totally agree. If we lose next game im worried. I think the way this one ended could benefit us long term.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
I was busy tonight and missed a majority of the game. I saw on instagram a video of Lucic mauling a lightning player, can someone fill me on what happened?

Moregoalspls

Nov 24, 2017
Just hate the guys wide open in the slot, guys putting no effort to tie up a guy they are right near in front of our goalie, and other brain farts like that. We've seen much better from this team just a week ago.
Agreed, its super frustrating sometimes.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Now we have a bigger problem because it looks like we just aren't very good at any position.
I missed the complete one game transformation of your position.

Now I'm not going to get on Koskinen like people have been flaming Talbot constantly but this is classic counting eggs before they are hatched. Koski lets in 5 tonight including 2 he could've had. Lightning hit 2-3 goal posts. Koski also with 2 near disastrous puck handing incidents, and a bizarre icing shot that hits the post and creates a rebound. The whole way I'm thinking what is he doing there.

This was a rough outing and Koskinen clearly rattled by incoming by the 3rd period.

But that's the thing with being a goalie in the NHL. How do you deal with facing scorers and chances that you don't have much in a hope in hell of stopping.

I love Vasilevsky reaction btw. Looking at his team mates after the Drai goal. As in c'mon guys, no way I can stop that, somebody has to spot that.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
Oh really? Good. Strome just got a couple points in my book.

And one on the stats sheet!

I thought the Oilers came out flat, again. It took half of the first period for the team to realize this wasn’t practice.

And good on Lucic. I thought he showed incredible restraint not pulverizing that guy on the ice. Plus, he wasn’t even in crazy eyes mode like when he’s flew off the handle in the past.

It’s sucks to lose two in a row, but anytime this team is over .500 I think they’re doing all right.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
And one on the stats sheet!

I thought the Oilers came out flat, again. It took half of the first period for the team to realize this wasn’t practice.

And good on Lucic. I thought he showed incredible restraint not pulverizing that guy on the ice. Plus, he wasn’t even in crazy eyes mode like when he’s flew off the handle in the past.

It’s sucks to lose two in a row, but anytime this team is over .500 I think they’re doing all right.

That 4th line is killing us early in games. They got hemmed in their zone and Tampa had like 2 or 3 scoring chances on one shift right off the hop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad