Post-Game Talk: Lightning 5, Oilers 2

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Lol it's amazing the stuff that goes on here when the Oilers go on a streak in either direction. The mood swings on here are almost unbearable.

They didn't play bad tonight. We lost to the defending cup champs, and probably the best team in the league.

The Oilers have put a TON of tough games behind them and are 8-6-1. This is a major positive.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Tampa bay is top team in the east. That said, our D needs help. Can we recall Bouchard? ( jk I know we can't)

I knew it was a bad idea to send him down. There's nothing more he can learn dominating juniors. Would have been better off learning from Yawney.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
I knew it was a bad idea to send him down. There's nothing more he can learn dominating juniors. Would have been better off learning from Yawney.

Agreed, the only positive is that we don't need to protect him for the expansion draft. Probably time to get bear or jones up.

Moregoalspls

Nov 24, 2017
Team has been taking a pretty big break from proper defensive effort. Maybe they figure these 2 games were not that winnable and what's the point of going all in. Better get back on the wagon ASAP.
I like to thing that those two teams are offensive juggernauts and made are defensive effort just look that much worse. These teams are both cup contenders.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Strome was going one about how the refs lost the game saying there was a boarding before what looch did. Also went on that they were calling the "slashes" or weak ones, something like that but then miss calls that can injure players.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Who could’ve possibly guessed?

Well, I was hoping Nurse and RNH would take that next step this year. That hasn't been the case. RNH is either missing the net or cresting his shots. Nurse looks more interested in playing pond hockey than organized NHL hockey.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Well, I was hoping Nurse and RNH would take that next step this year. That hasn't been the case. RNH is either missing the net or cresting his shots. Nurse looks more interested in playing pond hockey than organized NHL hockey.
Nuge is over a PPG...

Reactions: Dempsey

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Nurse/Russell is a fine third pairing... defense gets schooled in back to back games.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I'm glad Lucic sent a message. Its strange to me some people are acting like he just violently jumped Joseph... He could have made Joseph leave on a stretcher but instead he just gave him some stern words and a good face wash.

Now we have a bigger problem because it looks like we just aren't very good at any position.

But I thought we could just go around losing trades and squandering assets willy nilly and it'd be fine?

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Strome was going one about how the refs lost the game saying there was a boarding before what looch did. Also went on that they were calling the "slashes" or weak ones, something like that but then miss calls that can injure players.

Some pretty awful officiating tonight. Lucic incident might not have happened if the refs were actually making the right calls.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Strome is as vanilla as they come, so when he comes out and says something like this, you know how pissed off the locker room is. Guarantee their respect for Lucic just went up another notch after tonight.
Will respect make Lucic an NHL player again?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I like to thing that those two teams are offensive juggernauts and made are defensive effort just look that much worse. These teams are both cup contenders.

Just hate the guys wide open in the slot, guys putting no effort to tie up a guy they are right near in front of our goalie, and other brain farts like that. We've seen much better from this team just a week ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad