Post-Game Talk: Lightning 5, Oilers 2

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Will respect make Lucic an NHL player again?

Doesn't matter, sends a message to other teams not to f*** with us. If he's not gonna score then he can at least send that message. Soft ass league wants nothing to do with him, so good, a few poopied diapers is fine by me.

If a game is getting out of hand, more of that from Lucic and Kassian. Totally fine with it. Love it. Don't like it, go watch figure skating.

If you're not gonna respond to two of your teammates getting hit from behind, then you're a gutless, cowardly hockey team.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
At least we can pump the breaks on Nurse too. Guy needs to settle down and not play like a rover, because he doesn't have enough offensive impact to justify playing like a rover.

This we can agree on and I am big Nurse fan... but he needs to play his f’n position. That first goal was classic Oil gonna Oil D. Everyone, even your soon to be top pairing, top ten draft pick D are seduced to puck watching.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Strome was going one about how the refs lost the game saying there was a boarding before what looch did. Also went on that they were calling the "slashes" or weak ones, something like that but then miss calls that can injure players.

You know, if Strome is that fired up... you know the room is 10x as fired up. That guy is as "polite Canadian kid" as they get.

Reactions: TB12

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Nuge is over a PPG...

Need more goals. Not a good sign when Caggiula is outscoring you.

Also by eye test, he's really slowed down over the last few games. Not sure if he's getting worn out with the schedule or the ice time, but seeing him get outmuscled routinely along the boards in his own zone or on the PP makes me sad.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Tampa is a tough team to beat any night, but particularly so on the 2nd half of a back-to-back, not many easy shifts with them, they got a lot of speed and good scoring depth.

Happy to see Strome to get his first point. Vasilevskiy was playing extremely well, if he brings that level consistently he might win the Vezina this year.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Only positive takeaway from this game is that Rattie is a significant upgrade over Lucic on the first PP unit

Indeed. ANd sadly, almost anyone else on this team would have been too. Took McLellan almost 1.5 years while Lucic was doing absolutely nothing on the PP to finally try. I guess we should be happy that is a year quicker than it took him to try Nuge on the wing.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Nurse/Russell is a fine third pairing... defense gets schooled in back to back games.

Nurse should be able to play higher than #5D at this point IMO. The fact that he has regressed isn't a great sign.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Meh. I actually don’t think we played too bad.

That’s the difference between a contender and a bubble team.

Plus vasilevsky was in god mode today

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I hope he gets suspended actually so it gets some press and other teams can see what happens when you poke the bear. Totally fine with that, do your little dog and pony show NHL offices. Lay it on real thick if you want.

Reactions: Mez

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I don’t actually think the Oilers played overly poorly (except for the Russell-Nurse pairing and Koskinen was leaky). We hit three posts and Vasilevskiy got unbelievably lucky on a couple more. Replay that game over again and I think it’s 4-4 heading to OT.

Also, Lucic losing his shit was 60 games in the making. If you’re not going to do anything useful anywhere else, you’d best be holding pukes like Joseph accountable.

Reactions: TB12, ujju2 and Mez

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
I hope he gets suspended actually so it gets some press and other teams can see what happens when you poke the bear. Totally fine with that, do your little dog and pony show NHL offices. Lay it on real thick if you want.
Either way we cant lose haha

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This we can agree on and I am big Nurse fan... but he needs to play his f’n position. That first goal was classic Oil gonna Oil D. Everyone, even your soon to be top pairing, top ten draft pick D are seduced to puck watching.

I mean it’s f’n basic mistakes these guys are making. Does he not see his D partner on that side of the ice? Why is he following the pass instead of tying up his man... or at least taking away the return pass.

His positional mistake on that goal is equal/worse to Talbots single mistake last night. Same thing... busy watching the puck and forgetting where you are and what you are supposed to be doing.

Russell is starting to overcompensate for Nurse by trying to anticipate where to go to cover for Nurse's horrible positioning. And when that happens, both D-men start to get out of position.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Hopefully the raw emotion that got cooked up this game turns into another win streak. Hopefully the Panthers are feeling nervous about a pissed off McDavid n crew are coming to their building, and after these 2 losses, Oilers are going into a bit of a must win.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I hate that I was right about Nurse. People saying he was a soon to be top pairing defender and we should of locked him up for 5mill+ long term....he has been bad enough that Russell has been getting worse cause he is trying to compensate

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Russell is starting to overcompensate for Nurse by trying to anticipate where to go to cover for Nurse's horrible positioning. And when that happens, both D-men start to get out of position.
Lots of head on swivel... and not in a good way unfortunately

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Florida game is a must win imo.

Have to stay in the thick of it for the “American thanksgiving factor”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad