Dreger: Lias Andersson requests a trade

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Why is he so against the AHL?
Other centers drafted around him are roughing it out in the minors to develop.

Unless he is comparing himself to his buddy Pettersson or something like that

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Mittelstadt got a lot of opportunity with the Sabres, like handed the 2nd line, and Glass has been on Vegas almost the entire year. Rasmussen got significantly more opportunities before being sent down. Vilardi's career/development path isn't really comparable to anyone given the lay-offs.

I'm not saying Andersson is worthy of an NHL spot, but it may be something along the lines he doesn't trust the Rangers development plan, felt he was lied to, or an issue with the coaching staff in Hartford. We have no idea whether he would accept an AHL assignment with another team. Sometimes lines of communication between teams and players just reach a point of no return.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

This has nothing to do with the A. Rags wants him on their play-in(which could turn into playoffs) roster. He declined. So it's obviously something to do with the big boys club.

Reactions: Breakers

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What happened with this guy this year? With Kevin Hayes walking in the off-season, you would've thought there may have been an opportunity in NY.

Zib, Strome, Chytil, Howden...

How much rope did he get from Quinn?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

He's not against the AHL.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
What happened with this guy this year? With Kevin Hayes walking in the off-season, you would've thought there may have been an opportunity in NY.

Zib, Strome, Chytil, Howden...

How much rope did he get from Quinn?

None. He played strictly on the 4th line with such luminaries as Micheal Haley and Brendan Smith.

Quinn totally botched the handling and development of Andersson. I'm not saying Lias had star potential or anything but its pretty much the worst way to develop a player. Same thing the Isles did with Niederreiter.

Reactions: Joey Bones

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Take a 2nd and walk away from this headache

I doubt they could get a second. maybe a low one. Im more worried about his skating than any of the other stuff. It sounds like he is too slow for even a third-4th liner

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
None. He played strictly on the 4th line with such luminaries as Micheal Haley and Brendan Smith.

Quinn totally botched the handling and development of Andersson. I'm not saying Lias had star potential or anything but its pretty much the worst way to develop a player. Same thing the Isles did with Niederreiter.

Lots of rookies start on the third and fourth lines, if you not good enough to play on the worst line its not anyones fault. He super sucked

Reactions: Ciao

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Why should he get any rope from Quinn? The opportunity was there and he did nothing to be noticeable.
Valid question. But you're talking about a prospect taken with a 7th overall pick. Some guys need an opportunity to do something 'noticeable'. If the opportunity you're offering up some of your premier prospects are looks on a fourth line with some pugilists, you're probably not going to come away impressed by what they're showing you.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Lots of rookies start on the third and fourth lines, if you not good enough to play on the worst line its not anyones fault. He super sucked
Thats bullshit. You don't throw a developing player on not just a 4th line but one of the worst 4th lines in the NHL , give him 5 minutes of 5 v 5 ice time per game and then say "oh well you didn't stand out f*** you bye". It's called development, the Oilers have failed far more talented players with that same "sink or swim" mentality.

Maybe the Rangers just didn't care about him anymore and yes maybe he was the wrong pick but if you really want to try and make it work you don't do that.

Reactions: Joey Bones

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I was under the impression that the dysfunction extends beyond current circumstances.
It does for sure. But sounds to me like he didn't want to come over 'at this time" but that he wants to be a Ranger and the team will talk to him later the summer about plans for next season. That's what the GM said. He also said they had productive conversation.

Could be hot air for sure. Could be the kid doesn't see the point in coming over to be a black ace during a pandemic when hockey in Sweden is going to be starting around the same time the play ins start. Could be he's trying to force a trade.

So I don't really see any sword he's dying on.

I suspect you'll see lots of guys from Europe who aren't established NHL players deciding to stay overseas for next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad