Dreger: Lias Andersson requests a trade

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Thank you for making my point. Established players have made a bunch of money and often have long term contracts. They can afford to not play if they dont want to. Guys who are fighting for a spot on the roster dont really have that luxury. Im not saying its right. Just that its reality.
Alexnader Khovanov... a top prospect on MIN who because of a dearth of Cs on MIN had a shot to make the team next year or at least be a call up..... has asked for a loan to stay and play a year in the KHL (he was already in NA playing in the QMJHL). Nils Lundqvist... highly prized NYR D with a shot to play on the team or be a call up... staying in Sweden.

Dude, it's a different world right now. Guys are going to stay in Europe until things get sorted out here. "Pride" and "Fight to make the team" is fine and dandy but who knows if games are going to be played or what kind of poop show will happen when they try.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Shocked this thread still going.

He's gonna be a freebie throw in to somebody.

complete the Queen lyric:
find
me
somebody
to
TAKE HIM pls just take him!

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
This is right up Jim Bennings ally. He love reclamation projects and Lias and EP were a great fit together. I wonder what they would want from the Canucks?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
This is right up Jim Bennings ally. He love reclamation projects and Lias and EP were a great fit together. I wonder what they would want from the Canucks?

Lind would fit NYR need on wing, i realize he is valued on by 'nucks HO and fans,
these 2 could be core of packages in each direction

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Not sure the Rangers do this. Jankowski will need a contract and a raise. Not the sure the Rangers are willing to do that for a guy who likely would be the 4C on the team.

Yeah I am dubious as well, but I think LA's value is less than a 2nd pick but more than a 3rd. Hence my suggestion of Jankowski, which is a known 4th line centre at least with potential to grow into a good 3C role.

He has fallen out of favor in calgary but I think he could thrive again somewhere else.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Lind would fit NYR need on wing, i realize he is valued on by 'nucks HO and fans,
these 2 could be core of packages in each direction
Lind has developed within the system and is starting to show the skill that had him ranked as a first rounder in his draft year. He has improved each year in pro and has worked on those areas of his game that the Canucks have asked him to. Andersson has a history of questionable or selfish behavior and a lack of interest to develop in the AHL - I wouldn't trade Lind for the Rags headache.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Juolevi and Lind might get it done. But Canucks would probably need some kind of sweetener to take on Lias Andersson...maybe a mid-round draft pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad