Dreger: Lias Andersson requests a trade

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Never actually heard of a player who made mention of the "Rangers trainers" this way. Jim Ramsay is a class act. The whole Rangers organization is a class act. So when JD contacts Anderson to specifically say,"What happened here kid?" and the player says, "any communication must go through my agent.", i have to think this is on the player himself and not the organization. Especially if he's not willing to speak to JD. John Freaking Davidson, who may just be the nicest, most well respected guy on the business side of the game.

The trainers have good intentions by encouraging players to play through pain, but it isn't always the best decision to do so both for the player and the team as well as the entertainment value for the fans. It is important for players to be able to play through it especially if really needed, but many times it is not really needed yet they are encouraged to do so anyway. That is why Lias might be reluctant to point the finger because he realizes they have good intentions. It is just hard spot if they are saying you seem ok you should be able to play through it, and he feels miserable playing with that injury and wants to have it healed or second opinioned.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
The trainers have good intentions by encouraging players to play through pain, but it isn't always the best decision to do so both for the player and the team as well as the entertainment value for the fans. It is important for players to be able to play through it especially if really needed, but many times it is not really needed yet they are encouraged to do so anyway. That is why Lias might be reluctant to point the finger because he realizes they have good intentions. It is just hard spot if they are saying you seem ok you should be able to play through it, and he feels miserable playing with that injury and wants to have it healed or second opinioned.

It could have happened that way. I just never heard anything from any NYR player that Ramsey and staff asked them to go when they couldn’t.

In addition to that, this probably would have also worked. “Hey coach/doc/trainer. I don’t think I can go tonight. I’m not ready.”

Instead we get...”Anderson has been suspended w/out pay and has
left the Pack. “ “Talk to my agent, not me”

The whole thing is shady!

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
I don't think Andersson gets dealt. He's a mental case right now. Rangers would be wise to tell him, go back to the SHL. Play there. Play well. Get your value back to something and then we will see what happens.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
1st+Frederic for Kreider @50+Lias?

I think the Rangers get a little better value than that with 50% retention on Kreider.
I would do it if the prospect was either Studnicka or Beecher over Trent F.

If an additional F prospect was added to the proposal of
1st+Frederic for Kreider @50+Lias....maybe we could work it out.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I think the Rangers get a little better value than that with 50% retention on Kreider.
I would do it if the prospect was either Studnicka or Beecher over Trent F.

If an additional F prospect was added to the proposal of
1st+Frederic for Kreider @50+Lias....maybe we could work it out.
Stud and beecher donny wouldn't trade I'm sure.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

Yikes, I don't know much about this situation but he doesn't seem to be the most resilient type of person if he's quitting on the Rangers already. That silver medal toss now seems like a bigger red flag in hindsight. He comes off as the type of player who, if he doesn't get his way, he takes his ball and goes home.

Reactions: egelband and Ciao

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Maybe he'll be in better position to be an NHL player in his mid 20s in another market.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad