Dreger: Lias Andersson requests a trade

Lotties

Nov 17, 2019
Thank god Stan already traded Henri Jokiharju, and isn't tempted.

In before Andersson for Boqvist.

In all seriousness he probably wants to play in the NHL, but hasn't really shown enough in 60 odd games for him to be playing night after night.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Quinn has done a great job with the kids but his treatment of Lias has been unfair. Statistically he hasn’t deserved much but it’s hard to put up points when you were stuck on the fourth line with a random combo of Smith/Haley/McKegg/Nieves/McLeod

Lias was our 2nd best player in preseason but Quinn never moved him up the lineup. He started the regular season off well but then went back to being a black hole offensively. Quinn sent down Chytil early in the year to give him confidence and because he hadn’t earned a top 9 role. Why is Chytil playing top line minutes in the AHL while your 7th overall is stuck between grinders? Lias has never even had a chance to play top 9 or on the powerplay. Don’t get why Howden/Chytil play by a different set of rules under Quinn and get top-9 opportunity when Lias doesn’t. Chytil I understand, he’s been fantastic and is clearly a better prospect/player. Howden hasn’t been better than Lias though yet he’s gotten opportunities with Panarin, Kakko, Kreider etc. along with PP time. Rangers mishandled him imo but part of the blame is on Lias too. I think he should’ve been used as a net front presence and a shooter like he’s always been, rather than carrying a line by himself.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
So can Andersson for Puljujarvi happen now? Because I feel like that's a super obvious move here.

Although at this point Edmonton might rightfully say no to that.

Rangers don't need wingers to the degree they could use a Center or Defense

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
What's the story behind this?
He's in Hartford and he isn't playing well, not like he's getting shunted down the lineup and playing with goons but he isn't sticking out at that level. Footspeed's the big issue but it's not like he's some Jason Allison, super skilled player. To play his game in the NHL he probably needs to be at least an average NHL skater.

If there was an incident I guess we'll hear about it later. The coach Kris Knoblauch is pretty decent but Hartford got killed the last two games in Charlotte and he had a falling-out with Kravtsov earlier this year.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Quinn has done a great job with the kids but his treatment of Lias has been unfair. Statistically he hasn’t deserved much but it’s hard to put up points when you were stuck on the fourth line with a random combo of Smith/Haley/McKegg/Nieves/McLeod

Lias was our 2nd best player in preseason but Quinn never moved him up the lineup. He started the regular season off well but then went back to being a black hole offensively. Quinn sent down Chytil early in the year to give him confidence and because he hadn’t earned a top 9 role. Why is Chytil playing top line minutes in the AHL while your 7th overall is stuck between grinders? Lias has never even had a chance to play top 9 or on the powerplay. Don’t get why Howden/Chytil play by a different set of rules under Quinn and get top-9 opportunity when Lias doesn’t. Chytil I understand, he’s been fantastic and is clearly a better prospect/player. Howden hasn’t been better than Lias though yet he’s gotten opportunities with Panarin, Kakko, Kreider etc. along with PP time. Rangers mishandled him imo but part of the blame is on Lias too. I think he should’ve been used as a net front presence and a shooter like he’s always been, rather than carrying a line by himself.
Has Quinn done a great job with the kids? I feel like it's been up and down and this is just something we say.

That aside, not much Quinn can do with this kid. He, honest to God, literally can't ice skate.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't know how you get "they were negotiating with the Oilers to trade for Puljujarvi" from that.

Are you joking me? It literally says in the article that the Rangers were talking to the Oilers about Puljujarvi.

Here was Friedman's quote in the 31 thoughts that the article was referring to:

Before the Dec. 1 signing deadline, word is the Oilers re-engaged some of the clubs who had shown previous interest in Jesse Puljujarvi. That includes the Rangers, St. Louis and Tampa Bay. I believe they discussed Lias Andersson with New York, and think Puljujarvi wanted to go there, but things couldn’t close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad