Recalled/Assigned: Lias Andersson - Part III (Loaned to SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
But Chytil bounced back and Lias wilted when he was demoted. I'll take Chytil's heart any day of the week.
Totally man.

Don’t judge a book by its cover right. I mean I was dead wrong about chytil and andersson. I thought chytil might be the entitled pampered type and it was lias.

Honestly, the fact that andersson did this after kravstov did, bothers me. Something about- everyone saw it didn’t work out for kravtsov, yet andersson not only went and did the same thing, he just walked.

Either something happened or his family simply said, F the NHL, you don’t need them. Your setup here, back home. And andersson left.

If this was a ploy between andersson and other teams like Detroit or Edmonton.

Bite us, andersson can play in Sweden

Reactions: IceColdOx

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
“John Davidson wants to speak with Lias Andersson direct. Currently Andersson has instructed all contact be made via his agent. We spoke with Swedish reporter Johan Rylander about Lias’ accusations of bullying. I explained that according to the National Centre Against Bullying they define it as “an ongoing and deliberate misuse of power in relationships through repeated verbal, physical and/or social behaviour that intends to cause physical, social and/or psychological harm.” With this definition, do you feel bullying is the right terminology here?
Johan replied that since he was not in the locker room this is something only Lias can speak to. “But something has really happened,” he explained, “especially since Lias no longer wants to play for one of the biggest organizations in the world.” I pressed if maybe Lias told him about specifics off the record to which Johan responded, “he only told me of a number of incidents, that have gotten him to lose the hunger for hockey. He also said he is going to speak – at the right time.”
Davidson looked into the accusations but could not find out anything. He wants to speak to Lias Andersson and get to the bottom of what he is talking about. The two sides should get together to clear the air.“

Rangers Roundup: Trouba fined, Georgiev suitors, and more -

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
“John Davidson wants to speak with Lias Andersson direct. Currently Andersson has instructed all contact be made via his agent. We spoke with Swedish reporter Johan Rylander about Lias’ accusations of bullying. I explained that according to the National Centre Against Bullying they define it as “an ongoing and deliberate misuse of power in relationships through repeated verbal, physical and/or social behaviour that intends to cause physical, social and/or psychological harm.” With this definition, do you feel bullying is the right terminology here?
Johan replied that since he was not in the locker room this is something only Lias can speak to. “But something has really happened,” he explained, “especially since Lias no longer wants to play for one of the biggest organizations in the world.” I pressed if maybe Lias told him about specifics off the record to which Johan responded, “he only told me of a number of incidents, that have gotten him to lose the hunger for hockey. He also said he is going to speak – at the right time.”
Davidson looked into the accusations but could not find out anything. He wants to speak to Lias Andersson and get to the bottom of what he is talking about. The two sides should get together to clear the air.“

Presses for an answer off the record; posts response. :laugh:

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle

This is beyond ridiculous at this point. He doesn't want to talk to anyone, wants his agent to do it, but the agent just fans the flames with more semi-non-accusatory, accusations. You would think the President of the club his rights are owned by, would be able to find out.

But he'll "...speak at the right time" so we have that to look forward to I guess

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I’m curious if everyone in this thread, if actual news comes out that something occurred more than once, will send a written apology to Lias
I've said since the first interview came out, that if bullying occurred or the team pressured him to play through an injury or something else like that, of course that would change things. But you'd think if any of those things happened the kid would have the NHLPA involved instead of just giving a series of weird interviews, having his agent release cryptic statements, etc. The while thing seems bizarre.

Also, I do believe that if something happened, the team would know at this point. And that JD wouldn't be out there talking about things as he was, but instead giving things more in the "no comment at this time" vein. Not that I think the team is beyond reproach, but JD is smart enough to know that if something did happen, the repercussions could be pretty serious.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I've said since the first interview came out, that if bullying occurred or the team pressured him to play through an injury or something else like that, of course that would change things. But you'd think if any of those things happened the kid would have the NHLPA involved instead of just giving a series of weird interviews, having his agent release cryptic statements, etc. The while thing seems bizarre.

Also, I do believe that if something happened, the team would know at this point. And that JD wouldn't be out there talking about things as he was, but instead giving things more in the "no comment at this time" vein.

No arguing this, all I have been trying to do is slow the train down that’s leaving the station headed to ‘Lias is a spoiled brat’ before all of the facts come out. It’s a strange situation. We’re all emotionally invested (probably too much, damn this site!), but while I think it’s good to discuss this seems to be a somewhat unique issue. Best to let more facts come out and if they aren’t coming out as quickly as we want them to, that’s not our choice. Andersson may not be ready to fully discuss in public what occurred.

Listen, if this was nothing I’ll be the first in this thread to state my disappointment, but all I want to iterate, whether I’m doing it properly or effectively, is for people to take a deep breath and just be patient. The facts will come out.

Also, most of this post is not directed at you 2k2, just used as a jump off point

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
There's a team in this league that makes the draftees that they are interested in take a full on personality test and psych eval.

I won't mention the player, but a number of teams passed on a kid because of some poor interviews and some off color references. But the team that took him, the one that gave the eval, found the kid to be a competitor. Arrogant? Yes. A bit of a douche bag? Oh most definitely. Top line center on a winning team? Yes. Do his teammates like hanging out him off the ice? Not all of them, but guess what, they don't have to.

The point is, that there are other ways of testing and evaluating players, and I for one would like to see the Rangers utilize these forms of testing if they aren't already. You cannot have another gaff like this. There's too much on the line to whiff on a top pick again. Do your homework.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
There's a team in this league that makes the draftees that they are interested in take a full on personality test and psych eval.

I won't mention the player, but a number of teams passed on a kid because of some poor interviews and some off color references. But the team that took him, the one that gave the eval, found the kid to be a competitor. Arrogant? Yes. A bit of a *****e bag? Oh most definitely. Top line center on a winning team? Yes. Do his teammates like hanging out him off the ice? Not all of them, but guess what, they don't have to.

The point is, that there are other ways of testing and evaluating players, and I for one would like to see the Rangers utilize these forms of testing if they aren't already. You cannot have another gaff like this. There's too much on the line to whiff on a top pick again. Do your homework.

Yeah definitely, and there are pros and cons with all personalities. All I know is that if a kid performs on the ice, it is so much easier to work out from a character POV. And if a kid struggles on the ice, the difficulty of the test of the ice is 10x.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Also, I do believe that if something happened, the team would know at this point. And that JD wouldn't be out there talking about things as he was, but instead giving things more in the "no comment at this time" vein. Not that I think the team is beyond reproach, but JD is smart enough to know that if something did happen, the repercussions could be pretty serious.

No arguing this, all I have been trying to do is slow the train down that’s leaving the station headed to ‘Lias is a spoiled brat’ before all of the facts come out. It’s a strange situation. We’re all emotionally invested (probably too much, damn this site!), but while I think it’s good to discuss this seems to be a somewhat unique issue. Best to let more facts come out and if they aren’t coming out as quickly as we want them to, that’s not our choice. Andersson may not be ready to fully discuss in public what occurred.

Listen, if this was nothing I’ll be the first in this thread to state my disappointment, but all I want to iterate, whether I’m doing it properly or effectively, is for people to take a deep breath and just be patient. The facts will come out.

Also, most of this post is not directed at you 2k2, just used as a jump off point

I think big gains can be made if we as an organization learn how to handle these things properly.

To handle these things correctly, I am 200% convinced that some of the starting points that are non-negotiable are:

1. Given the nature of the business we are dealing with, things will happen that must be dealt with. It has nothing to do with if you have good guys in the organization or not, there will be severe frictions, always have been and always will be.

2. There is a notion that the NHL is tough, so kids coming up in the game must be able to fight through these things otherwise they are not tough enough. I actually think its the opposite. I think that a ton of potential "performance" is lost along the way because these things are handled the god ol' way. If anything, I think its more common that tough guys have issues. There is just no link between ability to fight things off the ice and toughness on the ice, or at least not in this direction.

3. A super clear starting point must always be that the relevant part is how a player perceive something, not whether someone objectively did something that was OK or not. That is in fact in most perspectives 100% irrelevant. It is as simple as this, you want player A to perform. To perform optimally, player A must be in the state of mind X. If B does something -- Z -- to player A that puts him in the state of mind Y instead, that makes the player A perform poorly, why on earth does it matter if "Z" was OK or not? It doesn't. The only perspective that is relevant is in the perspective of how good B will be able to handle his job going forward, if the fact that B did Z is an indication of that he will make more negative things. But if handled properly, I am sure that is unlikely too. People are not evil, it is very rare. I am also sure that its much easier to get player A into the state of mind X if you are professional about it and handles things correctly, and I am also 100% convinced that NHL teams like so many other places are not good at all at accomplishing this.

In this case, we have an issue because Lias obviously feel that there have been an issue. That is what is relevant. Why does it matter if you or me or Oprah Winfrey or Dr Phil or Mike Keenan or Donald Trump thinks it is an issue? People have issues that affects them. If you take 20 years of a bunch of peoples lives, quite many of them will have had some severe issues during those periods. Its more about where the human in question is in his/her life cycle when something happen than what actually can happen.

The thing is, so many are starting to come to this conclusion in many of the most competitive, demanding, environments there is. Its just human progress. There are a ton of examples of instances were "our" instincts to handle situations have been completely wrong, and this is one of them. I've undergone elite military training for 15 months as an Artic Ranger. They picked the 400 best suited kids and managed to drive out 25% the first two weeks. I played "professional" (mens) hockey from when I was 15 until 20. I've taken an education that was tremendously competitive, and has experienced a very competitive environment on a business lawfirm and worked closely with so many managements of big international co-operations. Especially in the perspective of MeToo, I've seen first hand how many were forced to try to deal with these type of issues, related issues at least, and I am 100% that of the ones that started to do that a few years ago, nobody wants to go back today. Bring things out, and deal with it, it is good for everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDirtyH

Deleted member 23124

This is beyond ridiculous at this point. He doesn't want to talk to anyone, wants his agent to do it, but the agent just fans the flames with more semi-non-accusatory, accusations. You would think the President of the club his rights are owned by, would be able to find out.

But he'll "...speak at the right time" so we have that to look forward to I guess
I'm not holding my breath waiting.

Reactions: haveandare

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Depending on the outcome of this, if there was actual significant type of bullying going on(and i'm not talking about normal ball busting), the player(s) responsible should be shipped out of the organization immediately. If the coaching staff turned a blind eye they should be let go as well.

This could be a huge black eye on the organization when Lias comes out with his story that we need to fix before we get a bad rep.

Reactions: nyr2k2

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
again, this whole thing seems like a big deal over something that happens all the time in ice hockey.

you get cut. you dont make the team. you get sent down.

YOU DONT QUIT

did chytl quit or pout or "get bullied" ? did shesterkin get bullied or suffer mental anguish or "feel bad about himself " ?

you put your head down and work hard for your dreams and overcome the rejection and disappointment and fear of failure with perseverance and hard work. diligence. effort. passion.

unless, you reach that point where you know you arent good enough. you know you cant be what you want to be or believe you were supposed to be. maybe you realize you arent as good as you thought you were.

and how about grow a shell bro. toughen up. dont be so sensitive.

why leave ? why quit? why not talk to someone. discuss it.

sounds to me like rationalizing his poor decisions and actions trying to deflect blame elsewhere rather than on himself and his handlers.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
again, this whole thing seems like a big deal over something that happens all the time in ice hockey.

you get cut. you dont make the team. you get sent down.

YOU DONT QUIT
Not only that, but to then decide that you will only communicate through your agent is just not helping the cause at all.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I'm open to hearing what happened - my opinion isn't final there at all.

But christ, can they get an adult to step in and manage this? He's had a friend/journalist interview him, translate the interview, then give quotes to anyone who asked, highlighting that in HIS opinion, Lias hesitated when answering questions about bullying.

So we either have someone making assumptions based on his body language for us, or Lias trying to get this out there without really owning it by using a friend to interview him. Both are equally stupid. To me the whole interview reaked of Lias wanting to lob accusations at the Rangers but not wanting to own it. So his answers were all vague "maybe, maybe not, we'll know someday" while the other guy kept reading between the lines for us and asserting issues here.

Then we have the agent, who followed the same path. Gave a statement to Dreger, leaving more questions than answers. Didn't totally clarify it.

Someone needs to take control. Be an adult. Get the complaints/issues to the team or union, work to resolve. But their PR campaign is failing miserably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad