Recalled/Assigned: Lias Andersson - Part III (Loaned to SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midikem

Jul 2, 2009
Gothenburg
I think its posts like this that make the Lias situation an endless topic. He was highly touted high draft pick so some of the fan base bought in on his potential. Then when he failed to play well, looked slow and uncertain and became un-coachable it was always someone else's fault. Wrong line-mates, coach was too hard on him, etc. Alternatively those of us who quickly were down on him loved being right so we piled on about how bad he is.

It's ridiculous to pick on Howden in the Howden vs. Lias side debate. Howden has played poorly too but has done whatever the coach asked and at least is big and can skate - two assets Lias doesn't possess - so there is some potential to develop. Chytil certainly has shown improvement. Buch's advanced stats are actually quite impressive unlike the others mentioned.

Lias's realistic ceiling is likely a AHL or SHL star. And he could make it to the NHL as a mediocre bottom 6 forward. Realistically with his skill set that is where he likely winds up.
Well Howden can skate, but is always on the wrong spot. Lias cant skate, but is always on the right spot. Howden is one of the players with most ice time. Lias have never really got ice time. So basically Howden have no hockey IQ what so ever. I rather have a guy with hockey IQ centrering ouer guys on the wing.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I am still bitter about Jessiman

I'm more disappointed by Brendl and Lundmark. The failure of Jessiman can at least be partially attributed to injury. 1999 was a weak draft, but it still sucks having 2 top 10 picks and coming away with those 2.

Reactions: Profet

OrlandK

Oct 18, 2017
Westchester NY
I'm more disappointed by Brendl and Lundmark. The failure of Jessiman can at least be partially attributed to injury. 1999 was a weak draft, but it still sucks having 2 top 10 picks and coming away with those 2.
Time to get past mistakes in the last century. We have mistakes in the current century to lament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad