Recalled/Assigned: Lias Andersson - Part III (Loaned to SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
@Oscar Lindberg

"
  • The Swede also told Rylander that he believed he had won the second line center slot after Mika Zibanejad in training camp. That assertion drew the most public reaction since that clearly was not the case. He won a job in training camp, but not the second line center position."

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
@Oscar Lindberg

"
  • The Swede also told Rylander that he believed he had won the second line center slot after Mika Zibanejad in training camp. That assertion drew the most public reaction since that clearly was not the case. He won a job in training camp, but not the second line center position."
Where is this from?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
It's everywhere. The direct quote (from LoHud) is:

“I know I'm a good enough hockey player to play over there,” Andersson told Rylander. “I think I proved that during the preseason. I thought I had clinched a spot (behind top-line center) Mika Zibanejad.”

I read that as he thought he was a NHL center on the Rangers after Zibanejad. That’s spots 2-4. Not necessarily #2

Reactions: 007 and Thirty One

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
It's everywhere. The direct quote (from LoHud) is:

“I know I'm a good enough hockey player to play over there,” Andersson told Rylander. “I think I proved that during the preseason. I thought I had clinched a spot (behind top-line center) Mika Zibanejad.”

And really, he probably should of been given a shot at 2C or at least at 3C behind Strome to start the season.

But he wasn't, and his play declined to the point where he couldn't even stand out in the AHL with prime minutes. Perhaps injuries caught up with him, perhaps his attitude did; but I would of much preferred if he had stuck it to Quinn by proving him wrong on the ice instead of the way that it's played out.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I read that as he thought he was a NHL center on the Rangers after Zibanejad. That’s spots 2-4. Not necessarily #2

Then what the f*** he’s complaining about? If he simply said he earned one of 2-4 center spots then that’s where he was playing until he became the worst center (after Chytil came back).

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Then what the **** he’s complaining about? If he simply said he earned one of 2-4 center spots then that’s where he was playing until he became the worst center (after Chytil came back).

I don’t know as I don’t know him but I’m guessing it’s one of many reasons that have been discussed in regards to his use age.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I don’t know as I don’t know him but I’m guessing it’s one of many reasons that have been discussed in regards to his use age.

My point was that this interpretation of Lias’ words doesn’t make sense. On the other hand him thinking that he was 2C behind Zibanejad (and thus being upset getting 4C role and then being sent to the AHL) does.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
My point was that this interpretation of Lias’ words doesn’t make sense. On the other hand him thinking that he was 2C behind Zibanejad (and thus being upset getting 4C role and then being sent to the AHL) does.

I think we’ll just have to agree to disagree. I don’t see that as a reasonable deduction from that specific quote or his following actions.

Edit - that’s not to say that I know he doesn’t think he should be the 2C. I just don’t see how we can claim it as a definitive fact.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I think we’ll just have to agree to disagree. I don’t see that as a reasonable deduction from that specific quote or his following actions.

Edit - that’s not to say that I know he doesn’t think he should be the 2C. I just don’t see how we can claim it as a definitive fact.

Id be more willing to believe your take if we hadn’t already heard that Lias thought he had a GREAT camp while the team thought he had a decent one.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Id be more willing to believe your take if we hadn’t already heard that Lias thought he had a GREAT camp while the team thought he had a decent one.

Again, just because he thought he had a good to great camp doesn’t mean he’s saying he should be 2C, just that perhaps he felt like he should have been given a bit of a larger role. As has been discussed, I’m not sure that’s totally unfair based on what we saw after training camp broke.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Again, just because he thought he had a good to great camp doesn’t mean he’s saying he should be 2C, just that perhaps he felt like he should have been given a bit of a larger role. As has been discussed, I’m not sure that’s totally unfair based on what we saw after training camp broke.

You’re making a distinction without a difference.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
You’re making a distinction without a difference.

All I’m saying is that the quote provided isn’t clear evidence of a thought. And neither are the other quotes I’ve seen. So while we are all disappointed where this is, I believe it’s important to not jump to conclusions on Anderson’s thought process if it hasn’t been stated as such.

Reactions: egelband

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
All I’m saying is that the quote provided isn’t clear evidence of a thought. And neither are the other quotes I’ve seen. So while we are all disappointed where this is, I believe it’s important to not jump to conclusions on Anderson’s thought process if it hasn’t been stated as such.

Eh, I think you’re being obstinate without a good reason for it. I generally believe that people too often over-interpret and spend too much time reading between the lines, but if the guy thinks he made the team and nothing more, he doesn’t single out the top C as who he slotted behind.

What he said is really unambiguous and reading ambiguity into it just so you can assume a position of non-position is disingenuous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad