Value of: LHD to New Jersey

hockeyguru

Sep 10, 2019
Skjei would be, at best, our 5th best defenseman. Subban, Vatanen, Severson, and Butcher are all better.

He makes us better by pushing Mueller/Carrick out of the lineup but he's not an upgrade to the top-4.
skjei would be in the devils top-4 for sure. their left side so anemic he'd be their best natural lefty defender

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Zadorov is an obvious one, but won’t happen until Cole is back in the lineup.

Perhaps Zadorov can be part of a deadline day deal for Hall if NJ can’t extend him.

Hall would be an incredible addition, but he’s injury prone and likely looking at $11M per. Just don’t believe the AVs would be interested and might be looking at prospects or picks.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
murray isn't a top pairing defenseman
Don't babble ignorant nonsense about things you clearly know nothing about. Insisting Murray isn't top pairing is like insisting Palmieri isn't a top-6 winger - it's inexcuable ignorance that hasn't even been potentially justifiable as a position for nearly half a decade.

Reactions: Steeler23

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Zadorov is an obvious one, but won’t happen until Cole is back in the lineup.

Perhaps Zadorov can be part of a deadline day deal for Hall if NJ can’t extend him.

If the Devils are dealing Hall, then there's no need to worry about filling the LD spot as the team would not be going anywhere this season anyway.

Reactions: Steeler23

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If the Devils are dealing Hall, then there's no need to worry about filling the LD spot as the team would not be going anywhere this season anyway.

that’s where you are wrong. Hynes has a four point plan to be better without Hall. First lure Lovejoy out of retirement and play him the minutes that would be much better served by playing a developing young player. Second send HUGHES to a college program. Third play Rooney and Hayden on the top line. Fourth be hard on the puck and go to the dirty areas and spout platitudes. It’s genius.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
What would it take for New Jersey to acquire Nikita Zadorov?

2020 1st round pick (top 15 protected) + Brandon Gignac for Nikita Zadorov?

Last edited:

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
What would it take for New Jersey to acquire Nikita Zadorov?

2020 1st round pick (top 15 protected) + Brandon Gignac for Nikita Zadorov?

I think your proposal is extremely close. AVs would preferably want RW or G. NJD could offer Blackwood.

1st (Top 10 protected)
Blackwood

For

Zadorov

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I think your proposal is extremely close. AVs would preferably want RW or G. NJD could offer Blackwood.

1st (Top 10 protected)
Blackwood

For

Zadorov

We can't trade Blackwood, and I wouldn't expect any of our other goalie prospects to be that appealing in a Zadorov deal. For RW, we could do Joey Anderson or Nathan Bastian.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
We can't trade Blackwood, and I wouldn't expect any of our other goalie prospects to be that appealing in a Zadorov deal. For RW, we could do Joey Anderson or Nathan Bastian.

I thinks this might work. RW with scoring abilities

1st (protected) + Anderson

for

Zadorov

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I thinks this might work. RW with scoring abilities

1st (protected) + Anderson

for

Zadorov
This post confused the hell out of me, because the Anderson who's a RW with scoring abilities I'm more familiar with is Josh, and he plays for the Jackets. I know very little about Joey beyond what one can get from half a second with Google (i.e. he's also a RW, with the Devils, and has yet to become a full-time NHLer).

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
I'd probably do it.
I do not think the Devils can be trading for anyone that will become a RFA after the season at this point. We will be tight with the cap next year if Hall resigns. Greene and Simmonds coming off will be used for the 2 ELC's that will replace them on the roster and be used to resign Nico and Bratt. Devils will basically be skipping the 2020 draft if they trade their 2020 first.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I do not think the Devils can be trading for anyone that will become a RFA after the season at this point. We will be tight with the cap next year if Hall resigns. Greene and Simmonds coming off will be used for the 2 ELC's that will replace them on the roster and be used to resign Nico and Bratt. Devils will basically be skipping the 2020 draft if they trade their 2020 first.

NJD will be among the richest in the league for Cap Space with nearly $32M available after the season.
  • Hall - $11M
  • Hischier - $7M
  • Hayden/Bratt/Mueller/Blackwood - $12M
Total - $30M (approx. $2M remaining)
  • Zadorov is likely seeking $5M-$6M per.
With the cap increasing and player dumps, this is doable.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
NJD will be among the richest in the league for Cap Space with nearly $32M available after the season.
  • Hall - $11M
  • Hischier - $7M
You deserve credit - you know more about the Devils cap situation than most Devils fans do! This is one we will agree to disagree on. IMO that is a horrible cap situation for a team that has not won a playoff series in years. Combine that cap situation with the Devils not having a pick until the 4th round of the 2020 draft and the Devils have no flexibility next offseason and likely into the future. That is the cap situation I would expect to see from a proven winner - not a team that just had the first overall pick the previous year.

Reactions: Classic Devil

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
What would you offer for Dermott?

He's cheap right now for another season and can play the right side. (This is contingent on the Leafs signing one of Barrie/Muzzin to an extension in season).

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Exactly. This is a tough deal to do.

Maybe Dumoulin if Pittsburgh need to shed a D. I also like Darnell Nurse from Edmonton.

NJ fans will hate me, but I would make Jesper Bratt available to get one of these two. I am confident we have a ready made replacement for Bratt in Jesper Boqvist, if Bratt was traded for a top 4 D.

Not that Bratt isn't a decent offer, but Dumo and Nurse are like the most important D-men on their respective teams.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'd actually really like Jesper Bratt on Columbus. I'd do Nutivaara+ for Bratt.

Nutivaara is an LHD that can play either side, he's very quick with good puck skills and can QB a PP, he's just blocked in Columbus. He looks very good playing on any pairing provided he's not asked to carry the pairing. So a #2/#4 type, if you know what I mean.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017

Nutivaara is an LHD that can play either side, he's very quick with good puck skills and can QB a PP, he's just blocked in Columbus. He looks very good playing on any pairing provided he's not asked to carry the pairing. So a #2/#4 type, if you know what I mean.
Yeah and I’d actually really like Seth Jones on New Jersey.

Reactions: Classic Devil

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
  • Hall - $11M
  • Hischier - $7M
It's doable for one season, and then it becomes catastrophic.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

We won't be trading either Jesper (Boqvist or Bratt) anytime soon. The staff and management are very high on both of them, and rightfully so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad