Value of: LHD to New Jersey

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
What if I told you there's a veteran LHD with 4 years of team control left, with playoff experience and rarely misses games due to injury? And that he'd be available for the low, low price of a conditional 7th round pick?

He's all yours if you're up for it.
Exactly. This is a tough deal to do.

Maybe Dumoulin if Pittsburgh need to shed a D. I also like Darnell Nurse from Edmonton.

NJ fans will hate me, but I would make Jesper Bratt available to get one of these two. I am confident we have a ready made replacement for Bratt in Jesper Boqvist, if Bratt was traded for a top 4 D.
Yeah, that's not happening.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
What if I told you there's a veteran LHD with 4 years of team control left, with playoff experience and rarely misses games due to injury? And that he'd be available for the low, low price of a conditional 7th round pick?

giphy.gif

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
Exactly. This is a tough deal to do.

Maybe Dumoulin if Pittsburgh need to shed a D. I also like Darnell Nurse from Edmonton.

NJ fans will hate me, but I would make Jesper Bratt available to get one of these two. I am confident we have a ready made replacement for Bratt in Jesper Boqvist, if Bratt was traded for a top 4 D.

So what would be the main piece in that offer for Nurse?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Isles and Devils have a small history of trades. Add in Lou and a deal can be made.

Hickey for a late pick.

Veteran NHL defenseman that has playoff experience. Isles have a lot of LHD and some young defenders they want to turn to so Hickey was waived.

why would they do that when they could have claimed for free literally 1 day ago?

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
why would they do that when they could have claimed for free literally 1 day ago?
A player who’s going to be your #8 holds more value after he has cleared.

With Smith in juniors the Devils have terrible depth. A Hickey or Djoos in the minors would be worth a late pick.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Alec Martinez will probably be a deadline deal. However this depends on one of the kings kids stepping up and showing there ready for a top 4 spot. If they do he will be available/ Would the devils be interested

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Any deal we should be looking for an upgrade on Sami Vatanen who is currently Subban’s partner

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
One very big problem with Dillon is that he's only signed through this year. So I think that would make Zacha too much for him. He's set to be a UFA after this year.

Dillon has performed very well while playing 16-17 minutes a night in San Jose. He's been very good for a bottom pairing defenseman and I think he'd perform well as a middle pairing guy too. He was playing 21 minutes a night as a rookie in Dallas and in his second year there also. That was quite a while ago.

Maybe I'm a little higher than Zacha than to want to trade him for Dillon, but if Dillon were signed beyond this year it would probably be fair.

I actually agree with you on the term being an issue in valuation. Dillon will be easy to extend, but Zacha for 3years (and then 1 RFA left) is more valuable than 1 year of Dillon. If Dillon agreed to a reasonable extension prior to the trade (immediately signing an extension) it would be roughly fair. Otherwise, I imagine we add an NHL ready bottom six fwd prospect or a 3rd round pick. And FYI, Dillon is our #4D right now, he can play that adequately with the right partner (currently, Karlsson). His Trade Value is a solid/reliable #5 in my estimation.

I've always been intrigued with Zacha, as he just doesn't seem to be living up to his potential yet. My proposal is based on the hope of him playing with our Hertl (fellow countryman speaking same language) may rub off on him and help for things to finally "Click". Zacha could be our 3C once Thornton retires, assuming Zacha improves some with age. (Which I am willing to bet will happen)

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I actually agree with you on the term being an issue in valuation. Dillon will be easy to extend, but Zacha for 3years (and then 1 RFA left) is more valuable than 1 year of Dillon. If Dillon agreed to a reasonable extension prior to the trade (immediately signing an extension) it would be roughly fair. Otherwise, I imagine we add an NHL ready bottom six fwd prospect or a 3rd round pick. And FYI, Dillon is our #4D right now, he can play that adequately with the right partner (currently, Karlsson). His Trade Value is a solid/reliable #5 in my estimation.

I've always been intrigued with Zacha, as he just doesn't seem to be living up to his potential yet. My proposal is based on the hope of him playing with our Hertl (fellow countryman speaking same language) may rub off on him and help for things to finally "Click". Zacha could be our 3C once Thornton retires, assuming Zacha improves some with age. (Which I am willing to bet will happen)
I think the biggest problem is that the Sharks have no one to be their number 4 as of now without Dillon.

Justshootmore

Mar 13, 2018
Fluery was a guy I thought about whats going on with him? Pushed down because of all the studs at the top?

In my opinion he is good enough to play in the NHL and I wouldn't worry if he way on the third pairing, to be a Top4 guy he needs to take the next step this year.

Reactions: Smitty426

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Title of thread should be amended to say 1LD. No point other teams making proposals offering LD that can’t play on the first pair.

We have a solid 2nd pairing LD in Will Butcher and Andy Greene while he has regressed, should be still capable of playing bottom pairing minutes.

We basically need to find another Subban situation. A top pairing D whom a team may want to dump for cap reasons.
Ryan Murray has been potentially available all summer, but we have price expectations that seem to put people off. That said, the thing we could really use is a top-quality LW... :naughty:

* * *​
Maybe Dumoulin if Pittsburgh need to shed a D.
If they need to shed a D, it won't be Dumoulin. He's far too important over there.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Djoos and Hickey would both have been upgrades on Mueller. Djoos could have even potentially clicked with Subban. He did alright with Carlson after all

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00