Value of: LHD to New Jersey

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
What would you offer for Dermott?

He's cheap right now for another season and can play the right side. (This is contingent on the Leafs signing one of Barrie/Muzzin to an extension in season).

I mean, I like Dermott, but something tells me the Leafs would like to hang onto him. He seems poised for a cheap bridge deal next summer, and that's worth its weight in gold for Toronto.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
We got the defenseman for you! JJ has the pedigree being the 3rd overall pick and has been a top pairing defenseman for many of his years. Pens would hate to give him up but I am sure you could pry him away for someone like Hall.:D

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Ryan Murray has been potentially available all summer, but we have price expectations that seem to put people off. That said, the thing we could really use is a top-quality LW... :naughty:

Murray for Bratt

It's intriguing. I'd have to watch more of Bratt to really know. Right now I think the Devils get the better player in the trade, but with the age difference it might make sense for the Jackets. They need more playmaking ability up front. Certainly if the Jackets get to the point where they want to write off this year and look forward, then the deal would look appealing.

Reactions: MichaelJ

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
It's intriguing. I'd have to watch more of Bratt to really know. Right now I think the Devils get the better player in the trade, but with the age difference it might make sense for the Jackets. They need more playmaking ability up front. Certainly if the Jackets get to the point where they want to write off this year and look forward, then the deal would look appealing.

With Bratt it’s definitely an upside acquisition but he already has great playmaking ability, sees the ice well, and is quick and shifty. Devils would be getting the better, more established player right now and fills a need. Long-term I think Bratt can be the superior player. I’m sure a small add could be negotiated if a 1-for-1 doesn’t do it.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
With Bratt it’s definitely an upside acquisition but he already has great playmaking ability, sees the ice well, and is quick and shifty. Devils would be getting the better, more established player right now and fills a need. Long-term I think Bratt can be the superior player. I’m sure a small add could be negotiated if a 1-for-1 doesn’t do it.

It would be incredibly dumb to trade Bratt

Reactions: Classic Devil

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Shero wont trade Bratt, they love the kid. Unless he's part of a bigger pkg bringing back a topish lefty, I don't see it.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
You have my attention.
Not mine though. I would not do it. While I say 50 point forward, Bratt has the potential for bigger and better things. Murray would be a good addition, but his contract status means he's likely not part of the team's future core, while Bratt could be. If I'm trading Bratt it would have to be for someone with more years of team ownership secured.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
I actually don’t think we should be trading in division. But if we do, the one I really liked was edmundson in Carolina

hockeyguru

Sep 10, 2019
Don't babble ignorant nonsense about things you clearly know nothing about. Insisting Murray isn't top pairing is like insisting Palmieri isn't a top-6 winger - it's inexcuable ignorance that hasn't even been potentially justifiable as a position for nearly half a decade.
blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah!

career high of 29 points, glass man, plays an average of 20:24 in his career. not a top pairing dman

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Jones is obviously off the table for CBJ. Is Werenski too?
Technically no, but he's in that "you're giving up one of Hischier or Hughes" territory, which I suspect from the Devils' perspective is a distinction without a difference.

* * *​
blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah!

career high of 29 points, glass man, plays an average of 20:24 in his career. not a top pairing dman
Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your third line RW.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I still say Hagg is your best bet. Let's get it done before Wednesday night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad