Value of: LHD to New Jersey

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Devils have strong RHD depth with Subban, Severson, Vatanen, and Carrick. However, their LHD depth is really bad, especially with Ty Smith not making the team and being sent to juniors.

Any teams out there have any expendable LHD? Devils have wingers to spare and could also swap a guy like Vatanen (who played great in the preseason) for a LHD.

and please keep the waiver wire/borderline fodder guys out of this....we don't need guys like that.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hagg!

Flyers can't take on any cap, so I'll take a 2019 4th and a 2020 3rd.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
Devils have strong RHD depth with Subban, Severson, Vatanen, and Carrick. However, their LHD depth is really bad, especially with Ty Smith not making the team and being sent to juniors.

Any teams out there have any expendable LHD? Devils have wingers to spare and could also swap a guy like Vatanen (who played great in the preseason) for a LHD.

and please keep the waiver wire/borderline fodder guys out of this....we don't need guys like that.
Brendon Dillon for Zacha

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Why didn't they claim Djoos?

Young and hacked it as a cerebral two way #4-6D on a cup winner

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
Devils could trade a random draft pick for Djoos now that he cleared. If Greene and Mueller are pure crap they would have some depth past the starting roster.

Very unlikely any top-4 d-men get moved at this point in time.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Big Buff if he wants to play still . No idea what it would take .
No idea if Buff is left or right side .
Rumours about room being too intense , would fit in with the kids and Subban liking to have fun but yet focused on winning .....
Just a pipe dream

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Title of thread should be amended to say 1LD. No point other teams making proposals offering LD that can’t play on the first pair.

We have a solid 2nd pairing LD in Will Butcher and Andy Greene while he has regressed, should be still capable of playing bottom pairing minutes.

We basically need to find another Subban situation. A top pairing D whom a team may want to dump for cap reasons.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Maybe a guy like Cam Fowler?

Locked up long term though, and I'm sure the Ducks aren't eager to move him.

I don't know if the pieces the Devils can move would make it worth it either, for the Ducks.

Does a guy like Wood get the convo even started?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Can't see the Avs moving Zadorov...yet. He brings the physicality that the Avs would otherwise lack on the back end. As always, legit top 4 Dmen without age, injury, or salary issues are hard to find.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Those don't exactly grow on trees, to be fair.
Exactly. This is a tough deal to do.

Maybe Dumoulin if Pittsburgh need to shed a D. I also like Darnell Nurse from Edmonton.

NJ fans will hate me, but I would make Jesper Bratt available to get one of these two. I am confident we have a ready made replacement for Bratt in Jesper Boqvist, if Bratt was traded for a top 4 D.

Reactions: Verdoux

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Does a guy like Wood get the convo even started?
Nope. For the D quality we need, we have to give up something we obviously don’t want to do. Think one of Palmieri or Bratt.

It was tough for fans to lose a fan favorite in Adam Henrique. But it was a necessary evil.
Shero needs to make a similar tough decision, but it needs to be worthwhile.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
AVs have a surplus of LHD, but what will NJD offer?

Same boat as you. I'm not keen on trading away Zadorov even though you and I both already understand the entry draft and cap and salary situation. Besides, who do the NJD have to offer as a winger? I'm willing to trade Connauton or Graves but not Rosen. Especially given the situation with Zadorov.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Brendon Dillon for Zacha
I would have loved to claim him, especially if I knew for sure T. Smith was getting sent back.
One very big problem with Dillon is that he's only signed through this year. So I think that would make Zacha too much for him. He's set to be a UFA after this year.

Dillon has performed very well while playing 16-17 minutes a night in San Jose. He's been very good for a bottom pairing defenseman and I think he'd perform well as a middle pairing guy too. He was playing 21 minutes a night as a rookie in Dallas and in his second year there also. That was quite a while ago.

Maybe I'm a little higher than Zacha than to want to trade him for Dillon, but if Dillon were signed beyond this year it would probably be fair.

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Exactly. This is a tough deal to do.

Maybe Dumoulin if Pittsburgh need to shed a D. I also like Darnell Nurse from Edmonton.

NJ fans will hate me, but I would make Jesper Bratt available to get one of these two. I am confident we have a ready made replacement for Bratt in Jesper Boqvist, if Bratt was traded for a top 4 D.

Dumoulin and Nurse are both very unrealistic.

Reactions: CrosbyMalkin

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I'd be very interested in Zadorov.

I'd be willing to package something around Wood, or something smaller involving Zacha.

AVs needs RW, 2C or G.

Doubtful NJD can offer the players needed for Zadorov. He is young, big, and excellent skater. They would likely target either: 1st, Boqvist or Blackwood which might be too high of a price to pay.

Smaller deal Cole, Connauton, Graves or Rosen is more likely.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Isles and Devils have a small history of trades. Add in Lou and a deal can be made.

Hickey for a late pick.

Veteran NHL defenseman that has playoff experience. Isles have a lot of LHD and some young defenders they want to turn to so Hickey was waived.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad