Value of: LHD to New Jersey

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Travis Dermott for Damon Severson?

Big Dermott fan, wouldnt want to see him go, but would this make sense?

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
To New Jersey:
Nikita Zadorov

To Colorado:
2020 1st round pick (top 10 protected)
Mirco Mueller
Brett Seney

I am all in on Zadorov too, but I don't think COL has any reason to deal him. 24 Years Old and a RFA. Their left side as soon as next year could be Zadorov, Byram, and Girard along with their right side of Johnson, Makar and Timmins.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I would love to have Zadorov. That's the type of player we need to stabilize the pairings.

Vatanen-Subban
Zadorov-Severson
Greene-Butcher

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I have no problem move Severson for a big strong stabilizing LD. Changes need to be made on our backend. Guys like Wood, Severson and Zacha should be expendable as well as our first rounder. Top 5 protected.

Reactions: Taylor Hall

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Technically no, but he's in that "you're giving up one of Hischier or Hughes" territory, which I suspect from the Devils' perspective is a distinction without a difference.

* * *​

Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your third line RW.

As I expected but wanted to ask and be sure. Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: Viqsi

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
To New Jersey:
Nikita Zadorov

To Colorado:
2020 1st round pick (top 10 protected)
Mirco Mueller
Brett Seney

I proposed a similar deal a few pages ago that seemed to work.

1st (protected) + Anderson
for
Zadorov

It was rejected due to NJD not having a pick until the 4th round.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I am all in on Zadorov too, but I don't think COL has any reason to deal him. 24 Years Old and a RFA. Their left side as soon as next year could be Zadorov, Byram, and Girard along with their right side of Johnson, Makar and Timmins.

AVs fan and there is a chance of his availability.

Future of the AVs defence without Zadorov could be:

Girard - Makar
Byram - Timmins
Graves - Rosen/Helleson

The reason for his availability is either the Expansion Draft or likely 3rd Pairing paid $5M-$6M per. Depth of the AVs DMen hinders his options and earning potential. Fans love the player and adds a toughness to the team. He just won't get the ice time with Girard/Byram ahead of him on the depth charts.

He would perfectly fit the NJD need for LHD and the AVs could retain salary to make this work.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country

for
Zadorov

I actually think most Devils fan would make that trade. Just note I had responded to one of them to remember that the Devils are a cap team if Hall resigns. The proposal seems fair. I am not representative of most Devils fans. Most of them would trade futures to try and help this years team. If you look back to posts last year, you had many Devils fans looking to trade the 2019 first rounder - what a mistake that would have been.

Reactions: My3Sons

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I actually think most Devils fan would make that trade. Just note I had responded to one of them to remember that the Devils are a cap team if Hall resigns. The proposal seems fair. I am not representative of most Devils fans. Most of them would trade futures to try and help this years team. If you look back to posts last year, you had many Devils fans looking to trade the 2019 first rounder - what a mistake that would have been.
The Devils are still not in a position to trade a first round pick even with protection. Zadrov could be a nice building block, but I don't see him to make New Jersey a surefire PO team. It's not the time to pay a first to barely raise the PO hope odds.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

for
Zadorov

That is something I would think long and hard about tbh....I love Zadorov

though its tough since we don't have a 2 or a 3 this year. Things also might start getting tight if Hall does re-sign.

I think its too early to trade the 1st until we get a better idea of how this team will be.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
That is something I would think long and hard about tbh....I love Zadorov

though its tough since we don't have a 2 or a 3 this year. Things also might start getting tight if Hall does re-sign.

I think its too early to trade the 1st until we get a better idea of how this team will be.

I do it.

If all goes to shit this year, Greene and Vatanen would help recoup some picks. Simmonds as well if he rebounds. If Hall doesn't seem like he will stick around, that's another huge haul.

Zadorov is the exact type of defender we need at the perfect age. Could help us win now or he could help us when in three years or so under a younger core of Hischier/Bratt/Hughes/Zacha/Boqvist up front with Butcher/Severson/Smith on defense

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Would rather do a vatanen for zadorov swap. Both have one year left on the contracts. Vats is ufa and zads is rfa but probably going to make more $ on next contract.

Sami is the only Finnish player on nj. He plays well, is definitely top 4, but doesn’t really seem like a good fit here. It might work in Colorado playing on a team with Rantanen.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Would rather do a vatanen for zadorov swap. Both have one year left on the contracts. Vats is ufa and zads is rfa but probably going to make more $ on next contract.

Sami is the only Finnish player on nj. He plays well, is definitely top 4, but doesn’t really seem like a good fit here. It might work in Colorado playing on a team with Rantanen.

Sure...AVs wouldn’t even answer the phone. :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->