OT: Lets talk about stocks (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Small Cap season is upon us. Saw the Russel 2000 preliminary inclusions, good to see many notable names in the Igaming, got STEM in there as well.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
I know some of us were holding $PSTH, how y'all feel about this unnecessarily complicated deal structure lol

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Exited my AMC position today. I won’t tell you what I did with the gains lolol

Lol you have my curiosity now

I know some of us were holding $PSTH, how y'all feel about this unnecessarily complicated deal structure lol

It's complicated. Little bit scared. But I don't hate the deal at all. It's just unclear for me how the warrants would work.

But owning umg and the psth (1/4 value) is great. It's a clear long term move.

I might increase my position if I receive my usd cheque from my espp transaction in the next few days

Reactions: canucklover123

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Lol you have my curiosity now

It's complicated. Little bit scared. But I don't hate the deal at all. It's just unclear for me how the warrants would work.

But owning umg and the psth (1/4 value) is great. It's a clear long term move.

I might increase my position if I receive my usd cheque from my espp transaction in the next few days

Oh ya, I like the UMG part forsure.

Huge overeaction by people being disappointed its not Stripe or something.

I hope Bill finds something great we can excercise our $20 strike price on for the future target

Reactions: llamateizer

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
What do you think of the naked shorts rumour with AMC
Tbh I think the only squeeze in play is gme. I think amc was a pump and dump. Many of these hedge funds are actually long on amc. Interesting action in the ticker last week. AMC was running up nice, tripped the circuit breaker and was halted. During that halt gme showed parabolic movement from 260-294 over 3-4 mins.
As soon the halt was over they immediately starting shorting gme from 294 down to 270.

it’s almost as If they are using the movie stonk hype as leverage to fend out gme. As soon as the halt hit they had to start covering GameStop. There’s only one squeeze in town and AMC is not it.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Tbh I think the only squeeze in play is gme. I think amc was a pump and dump. Many of these hedge funds are actually long on amc. Interesting action in the ticker last week. AMC was running up nice, tripped the circuit breaker and was halted. During that halt gme showed parabolic movement from 260-294 over 3-4 mins.
As soon the halt was over they immediately starting shorting gme from 294 down to 270.

it’s almost as If they are using the movie stonk hype as leverage to fend out gme. As soon as the halt hit they had to start covering GameStop. There’s only one squeeze in town and AMC is not it

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
I own it in one of the accounts I manage, it's a long term hold and only have 200 shares so I didn't pay much attention. I will likely hold this a long time.

Yup I have 200 as well lol in my RRSP. I do like the angle with NFTs as well. We'll see what happens. Looks like the only people really upset were the ones who wanted to make a quick buck thinking he would get a huge fish.

I'm really happy with the acquisition

Reactions: montreal

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013

it’s almost as If they are using the movie stonk hype as leverage to fend out gme. As soon as the halt hit they had to start covering GameStop. There’s only one squeeze in town and AMC is not it.

I have some CLOV and RKT shares again (very little) for a possible squeeze somewhere down the line lol

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Yeah, I bought 200 AMC, sold it @ 65, bought it again @ 35.. I'll probably just hold it for a while now.
Still hanging on to Plantir and LEV.

Staking crypto till the fall, no pressure that way.

Odd times in every market, I'll wait it out till the fall at this point.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Don't know where to ask so I'll do it here : Is anyone familiar with the border taxes when you import some item from France? It's an old, used book costing 200€ on ebay, so I'm afraid to be stuck with exorbitant "frais de douanes" if I buy it. Reading on it I get lost in a maze of unclear formalities, and it seems to boil down to an arbitrary judgement from douane Canada.

Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Don't know where to ask so I'll do it here : Is anyone familiar with the border taxes when you import some item from France? It's an old, used book costing 200€ on ebay, so I'm afraid to be stuck with exorbitant "frais de douanes" if I buy it. Reading on it I get lost in a maze of unclear formalities, and it seems to boil down to an arbitrary judgement from douane Canada.

Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I just ordered a motorcycle helmet (full face) from the Netherlands and it was 83$ on 600 CAD, theres some websites that can estimate if you want to google it.

Reactions: BenchBrawl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad